Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The game went the wrong way

Bouldershoulder

36 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

You are wrong. Radiation disables healers' aura (any rad proc within their aura is absorbed by the healer, which disables the aura for everyone), as well as disruptors aura when it's hit directly, and provides local pockets of confusion, while cold makes the fast-moving infested slower and easier to hit.

So you've chosen control elements at the cost of 80% of your damage potential? You should know that in a survival there is little point in keeping them controlled if you can't kill them fast enough. And yet, you are complaining about the very fact that you can't kill them until they flood you?

16 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

So you've chosen control elements at the cost of 80% of your damage potential? You should know that in a survival there is little point in keeping them controlled if you can't kill them fast enough. And yet, you are complaining about the very fact that you can't kill them until they flood you?

I was killing them fast enough, and they were coming back just as fast. I was playing Mesa, remember?

Edited by Bouldershoulder

2 hours ago, Bouldershoulder said:

You are wrong. Radiation disables healers' aura (any rad proc within their aura is absorbed by the healer, which disables the aura for everyone), as well as disruptors aura when it's hit directly, and provides local pockets of confusion, while cold makes the fast-moving infested slower and easier to hit.

No, i'm not wrong. You were nerfing yourself for nothing. You want to KILL them with your gun. Pick artax if you want slowed enemies. Or a CC frame for the other problems. Spira Prime has 10% status. You don't play it for status. It won't work. Go watch your video and tell me any situation where either a rad proc or a cold proc did help you. You sacrificed so much damage just so you can proc a cold or rad once in a while with every 17th~ throw or something?

Play corrosive/heat. Dead ancients also lose the aura.

Edited by IceColdHawk

unlike most, i understand the distaste towards Warframe punishing Players that aren't applying mapwide CC, as Warframe presents dozens of Enemies that are all designed and programmed around a 1v1 scenario, but in actual Gameplay is more of a 1:30 or higher scenario. which for sure results in situations where Enemies can freight train up their CC Attacks so that they make a solid chain link that can last for extended periods.
because god forbid you used some of the Equipment that's in the game that doesn't turn off Enemies, i know.

stack that on top of bad Game Design stuff like having to finish playing Animations fully regardless of what happens, which can at times result in having to replay one f...ing Animation 5 or 6 times, because you are locked out of doing anything else until it finishes, but it gets interrupted and you have to start doing it again, only to be interrupted again because you need it to finish to continue Playing.

i'll apologize for the 99% of answers you're going to get that's totally uninformed Players trying to seem more important by saying you're bad and they're way better than you, but from using Overpowered Stats to brute force everything in super casual style, not that they'd tell you that.
so yeah, sorry that actual information or assistance will be..... rare.

i also apologize for misinformation that you're going to be (and have been in this Thread) given as suggestions. more relying on Overpowered Stats to mean Players don't need to understand Game Mechanics, Et Cetera.

anyways, scan your Enemies to identify what Damage Types they're weak to, and when looking for direct Damage, opting for those.
for Infested, Radiation Status is useful vs Infested to break Auras, Viral Damage with good Status is excellent vs Eximus (better than Corrosive because of the Resists). Blast is fairly good Damage wise and also Blast Status, Et Cetera.

always remember to have a form of Self Healing, as this is mandatory to play the game. (preferably always having an active form, passive forms are nice to have but having something you can do on demand can make a difference)

for Booben:
if Infested are using Auras to ignore Bastille and Vortex, you can use Concuss Mines to break Auras since it applies Radiation!
if MOA's are applying Armor with Bees, you can weaken/remove the Armor with Shred Mines! (and also ragdoll Enemies around the map)

you mention using Radiation+Ice on your SpiraP, but it isn't a Status Secondary - i wouldn't recommend using Damage Types that are so resisted unless you can apply Status very effectively.
you'd do much better going for pure Damage.

Punch-Through is quite helpful, you just have to at times be more selective of what and where you shoot. :)

you seem to have some good idea of what you're doing already(typed most of this before skimming through further pages), Sweeper/P with Radiation/Viral is an excellent choice, that will break most Auras and debuff very nicely. depending on how close you want to fight, you could potentially even forgo Status on your Weapons all together, and let your Sentinel do all of the Status!
as long as you protect it from dying. might not be something to rely on then, as your Sentinel can die without you dying, and that would be problematic if you were relying on it to apply Rad/Viral Status.

basically you have some sources of Status debuffing that are useful, but you also need some Damage to back that up.
i'd recommend your Melee Weapon being for Damage if you're going to be using the Hit Counter and Blood Rush on a Galatine, as a Slash Status loadout is much more niche(you could do this though). Corrosive would be the usual go to for generic Damage vs Infested.
as i mentioned earlier, SpiraP isn't really much as a Status Weapon, so i would also go for Damage there. Crits obv and again the usual generic Corrosive for Damage. Fire in addition if you have the room.
Ferrox is another Damage Weapon realistically (Status Loadouts on it are basically hyperniche).

On 3/30/2017 at 8:47 AM, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Why would you bring Mesa to infested?

i expect for the ~1mil DPS that is the majority reason as to why Mesa is popular in the first place.
(Mesa is strong vs everything though, Shatter Shield isn't very useful vs Infested aside from the Grapple Hooks but Shooting Gallery is excellent vs all Enemies)

On 3/30/2017 at 8:54 AM, Skrewyluie said:

I used ivara with a navigator glaive, it was like mowing a lawn of infested flesh. There are dozens of ways to go through ods without the need for crazy aoe damage.

to be fair - your example is turning a Weapon into an AoE Weapon.

On 3/30/2017 at 10:31 AM, KX297 said:

Ya, to a degree.

Problem with Mesa in Infestation mission is if you are alone, and attempt to use Peacemaker, they WILL overrun you.

Shatter Shield is pretty useless against them.

Ballistic Battery... well, it sucks in general.

About the only thing she has that is still reliable against them is Shooting Gallery. Still a great stun on the little jerks.

Ballistic Battery is flawed for sure, but it can shine with a select few Weapons.
http://i.imgur.com/8ttb8rv.png

or even.....
http://i.imgur.com/1nE2WQb.png

Edited by taiiat

@taiiat Thank you for the extended reply and for the measure of understanding you provide.

I use Spira prime mainly because I like the feel of it and it has good crits with an occasional status. As peacemaker has ridiculously higher fire rate than that of Spira p. with the same status chance, I've modded spira to benefit both. When I'm hard pressed, I switch to peacemaker (which doesn't need any punch through) and pepper everything with radiation and frost, which makes things considerably easier to kill because they don't have their auras anymore.

Galatine p. is a long weapon which already has nice damage and status, so I modded it for gas in order to get additional AoE procs that melt down light infested, while heavies get their share of slash procs, ground slams, and finishers.

15 hours ago, Bouldershoulder said:

When I'm hard pressed, I switch to peacemaker (which doesn't need any punch through) and pepper everything with radiation and frost, which makes things considerably easier to kill because they don't have their auras anymore.

Galatine p. is a long weapon which already has nice damage and status, so I modded it for gas in order to get additional AoE procs that melt down light infested, while heavies get their share of slash procs, ground slams, and finishers.

if you used Damage Types for Damage, you'd be Killing most of the Enemies outright through their Auras anyways with Peacemaker, but one can certainly apply some Status with it. your Equipped Weapons a more practical for this IMO, though.

the standard Light Infested will die to a single hit even if you use Magnetic Damage tbh - Eximus Light Infested and any type of Heavy however, have ~4.5x+ the EHP, and would take little Damage from Gas under normal situations.
focusing your Damage Types vs Heavies and Eximus is highly recommended - think of it just like what Damage Types we choose vs Grineer/Corrupted, we choose Damage Types that are good vs Armor first and then Bonuses to other Health Types second, because the Heavies and the Armor is the biggest obstacle in the first place, so if you've tackled the biggest obstacle, most of the smaller ones come along for the ride.

with that in mind, Corrosive for raw Damage vs Infested Heavies or Radiation/Viral for Status Damage vs Infested Eximus is recommended just like recommendations vs Armor - if you can Kill that Heavy Gunner and Bombard, then you can Kill that Lancer. so same deal here, if you can effectively Kill those Ancients and those Eximus, then you can definitely Kill the Light Infested.

Edited by taiiat

18 minutes ago, helix.hex said:

shadow step, and despoil nekros. easy mode for us solo players. also that helmet is a myth....or octavia is the biggest troll frame this game will ever see

Meh Shadow Step isn't even needed.

Just a well modded Atterax and a strong finger endurance for the constant slide attacks.

On 30/03/2017 at 2:39 PM, Bouldershoulder said:

What's the point of having 3-hundred-odd weapons and over 30 warframes if I'm forced to take either AoE guns, or Galatine Prime with cleaving whirlwind, or Mesa?

That's what I had to do when I went into the derelicts after Octavia neuroptics. Those darned mobs spawn faster than I kill them right in front of me and behind the slightest cover. Any time I show my nose, I get dragged ahead, then backwards, then bashed by a flying leaper, knocked by a shockwave, coated with goo, peppered with flies, poisoned, and drained of energy (all at once), I'm caught mid-flight and thrown away before landing. Vauban's vortex doesn't hold them for long (right until a healer comes, which he does often and in a company of three other healers), bastille is no help against moas, and I generally don't have time enough to reload. This all even before reaching 15 minute mark.

So, again, what's the point?

FYI the mission was so boring that we did corrupted mods at the same time. All playing with something else than what you said :clem:

Sadly this game looks like a TPS Diablo game, but actually you have quite a big skill gap. Learn to move faster, avoid dangerous mobs and understand how to kill them with safety, etc,etc

Edited by Xgomme

Okay I just saw yer vid and stopped at yer 1st death. I use Mesa alot specially in OD.

My Mesa set up:

-Tigris(not prime)

-Vasto

-Duck Dagger

-Diriga

I personally set my Load outs per frame theme...

And I still get easy 20 min mark solo on Mesa. 1 think I notice is ye didnt use shooting gallery.... which basically should disable a good amount of enemies coming towards you... `-`

I find Mesa really easy to play against infested.... Shooting gallery alone is pretty good, I personally spam peacemaker once I get full energy. The feel of the gun and killing every infested in sight... dem....

Truth be told, I just take my Soma Prime or Prisma Grakata with Punch-Through and mow down enemies like they were yesterday's dessert.

When it comes to Infested, I'd always try to attach some kind of Punch-Through to your weapon, as there are just so many enemies that the reduction in damage is made up for tremendously thanks to you just being able to sweep through crowds with ease.

Alas, while AoE weapons are good, I typically don't bring them since one of those fast little spawns of satan will pop up right in front of me, and block my shot, downing me in an instant. It's personal preference, but honestly, I never like the risk of explosive weapons myself.

Personally, I still really want all weapons to get their own Exilus slots, so I can just slap a Tomato in there and get Punch-Through or Reload Speed on all of my weapons without much hassle.

Also, no offense dude, but Radiation is the absolute worst damage type against Infested, along with Cold, and you're building Status on weapons with none to begin with, especially when Status Weapons are typically not that great against Infested in the first place, as they hardly have any Armor to shred or Shields to bypass, and are pretty much immune to Viral damage.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

On 3/30/2017 at 7:39 AM, Bouldershoulder said:

What's the point of having 3-hundred-odd weapons and over 30 warframes if I'm forced to take either AoE guns, or Galatine Prime with cleaving whirlwind, or Mesa?

That's what I had to do when I went into the derelicts after Octavia neuroptics. Those darned mobs spawn faster than I kill them right in front of me and behind the slightest cover. Any time I show my nose, I get dragged ahead, then backwards, then bashed by a flying leaper, knocked by a shockwave, coated with goo, peppered with flies, poisoned, and drained of energy (all at once), I'm caught mid-flight and thrown away before landing. Vauban's vortex doesn't hold them for long (right until a healer comes, which he does often and in a company of three other healers), bastille is no help against moas, and I generally don't have time enough to reload. This all even before reaching 15 minute mark.

So, again, what's the point?

Sounds like you're not very good at either choosing the right gear for the job or modding your gear properly (or maybe your combat skill is lacking). Mesa isn't all that great against infested, there are much faster and more suitable melee weapons than Galatine Prime for infested (for example: most dual blades - Dual Zoren, Dual Ichor, Prisma Dual Cleavers - with Swirling Tiger and a Blood Rush crit build), and there a plethora of different effective guns versus all enemy types.

Keep in mind that most weapons are going to require at least 2-3 forma (and maybe a decent Riven mod) to really shine. Find a few weapons that you like the feel of and focus on making those the best you can. Don't worry about using the "best" weapons or warframes. Just have fun with it.

Edited by VirtualViolet

1 hour ago, Neptlude said:

Okay I just saw yer vid and stopped at yer 1st death. I use Mesa alot specially in OD.

My Mesa set up:

-Tigris(not prime)

-Vasto

-Duck Dagger

-Diriga

I personally set my Load outs per frame theme...

And I still get easy 20 min mark solo on Mesa. 1 think I notice is ye didnt use shooting gallery.... which basically should disable a good amount of enemies coming towards you... `-`

I find Mesa really easy to play against infested.... Shooting gallery alone is pretty good, I personally spam peacemaker once I get full energy. The feel of the gun and killing every infested in sight... dem....

psh. Judging a 20 minute video by the first 30 seconds of the 20+ minute mark provides so much information

4 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

psh. Judging a 20 minute video by the first 30 seconds of the 20+ minute mark provides so much information

Well...it does.

If you have a hard time soloing OD why would you make it even harder for yourself?

Don't bring fashion frame garbage to anything you have a hard time with. 

Mesa 3 blocks nasty ancient salad fingers btw.

54 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Reading OP and then watching the first 30sec is more then enough.

You are complaining that YOU are forced for a specific loadout but you refuse to use it?. Frames have more then 1 ability but you are not using it.

On 31/3/2017 at 9:27 AM, Bouldershoulder said:

Exactly what I'm talking about! It's either use AoE, or good day, sir.

Is not the game that needs to fit you.

YOU are the one to fit the game.  Like society and real world.

if you do not understand that, you are doomed. I'm sorry for you.

1 hour ago, Kyryo said:

Is not the game that needs to fit you.

YOU are the one to fit the game.  Like society and real world.

if you do not understand that, you are doomed. I'm sorry for you.

Heh... So it's not "the game went the wrong way" but "OP went to the wrong game" instead? Lol

sorry, im kinda lost, but is what is the main complaint in the thread is about again?

Being forced to a certain playstyle?

Cant kill enemy fast enough with certain (vauban, etc..) build? 

Enemy too tough on certain CC aspect?

if none above is the topic, then ... how u figured this game "went the wrong way"? what was the "right" way and which change in the build note turned it into the "wrong way"?

1 hour ago, FireSegment said:

sorry, im kinda lost, but is what is the main complaint in the thread is about again?

taiiat underscored the issue well

21 hours ago, taiiat said:

the distaste towards Warframe punishing Players that aren't applying mapwide CC, as Warframe presents dozens of Enemies that are all designed and programmed around a 1v1 scenario, but in actual Gameplay is more of a 1:30 or higher scenario. which for sure results in situations where Enemies can freight train up their CC Attacks so that they make a solid chain link that can last for extended periods.
because god forbid you used some of the Equipment that's in the game that doesn't turn off Enemies

and further

And particularly the last change to spawn mechanics where enemies spawn without pause literally around me. They don't come from anywhere. They just spawn in front of me, behind, around the corner, on the balcony above me, on the "root" node 10 meters ahead of me where I presumably don't see them spawning. The "fix", which presumably should have fixed those lost mobs at the start of the map. And I'm shocked how much ignorance people display by stating irrelevant things concerning my builds and prowess when I obviously point to the problem at hand.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

What do you want from this topic? I doubt DE will change spawns again because when they spawned in the adjacent rooms they get stuck on the geometry or end up getting lost. Also, I doubt DE will do a comprehensive Ai rework this year or anytime soon.

If you want to deal with the spawns solo, use a melee weapon with a way to heal. Or join a squad and overpower the Ai and use basically whatever you want.

Edited by LazyKnight

15 minutes ago, LazyKnight said:

What do you want from this topic? I doubt DE will change spawns again because when they spawned in the adjacent rooms they get stuck on the geometry or end up getting lost. Also, I doubt DE will do a comprehensive Ai rework this year or anytime soon.

If you want to deal with the spawns solo, use a melee weapon with a way to heal. Or join a squad and overpower the Ai and use basically whatever you want.

Nothing is set in stone.