Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen for platinum on PC, a true solution.

lukinu_u

First, what exactly is the problem ?
As you all know, Tennogen artists take a part of the money earn by DE on sale.
Considering a single Platinum having a base value of 0.067$ (1$ ≈ 15 platinums) to 0.046$ (1$ ≈ 21.5 platinums), technically, we can take the higher value and let a skin cost 6*21.5=129 platinums to 7 *21.5=150.5 platinums, let [DE] sharing the earns and that probably the calculation made on console (I didn't check the prices). However, there is a problem on PC :

On console, paltinum have a fixed price but on PC, there are platinum coupons and most of players wait 50% or 75% coupon to buy platinum, reducing a lot the average price of a single platinum and resulting to not be able to pay everyone correclty.

But what is the solution ?
My solution can be a bit unfair for PC players but it's to increase the price of Tennogen item considering all player using 75% coupon only, so multiply the price by 4, so Tennogen item would cost 129*4=516 platinums  and 150.5*4=602 platinums.
Of course not everyone wait for 75% coupon but this would make a great alternative for veteran who only earn platinum by trade, but still incite player to pay by steam wallet because it's cheaper if they dont wait 75% coupon to buy platinums.

10 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

My solution can be a bit unfair for PC players but it's to increase the price of Tennogen item considering all player using 75% coupon only, so multiply the price by 4, so Tennogen item would cost 129*4=516 platinums  and 150.5*4=602 platinums.

The prices look fine to me tbh , I would definitely pay 600plat for some tennogen items.

I wouldn't pay 600 pl for a tennogen item, nor 6€, but if consoles can have tennogen stuff for plat there is no real reason we can't.

The only problem I see : People already spent money on tennogen, but they could get some plat refunded if tennogen were made to be bought with plat.

Still, 600pl for a cosmetic is nonsense, it's more expensive than a deluxe skin...

41 minutes ago, -QueBorn- said:

The prices look fine to me tbh , I would definitely pay 600plat for some tennogen items.

I would just be happy having the option to pay platinum for tennogen;)

Edited by RoninJed

I have to wonder what got steam involved in it in the first place. I mean yeah; Tennogen is a steam program, but didn't DE make it? Why not have it on their actual website and keep everybody not DE or player out of it?

With the way it is now, i'm glad that people can use their skill creations that made it in to get some more money for gaming. I'm imagining that this is one of the reasons for tennogen being how it is now.

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

I wouldn't pay 600 pl for a tennogen item, nor 6€, but if consoles can have tennogen stuff for plat there is no real reason we can't.

Two reasons we can't:
One is steam and the contracts DE has with them.
Second is that it ensures that the artists are paid.

DE is able to offer it on consoles for plat because they buy the rights to sell it on console from the artists and steam and sell it.  The artists make no profit what-so-ever from the sales on console.  Part of the reason that tennogen content on consoles is so sparse is due to not every artist being willing to do said deal.

5 minutes ago, Sorenxoras said:

I have to wonder what got steam involved in it in the first place. I mean yeah; Tennogen is a steam program, but didn't DE make it? Why not have it on their actual website and keep everybody not DE or player out of it?

With the way it is now, i'm glad that people can use their skill creations that made it in to get some more money for gaming. I'm imagining that this is one of the reasons for tennogen being how it is now.

From a developers prospective it just makes more sense this way.  And which way makes more sense to you: Develop something that could take hundreds of work hours and lots of money, spend time and money on the legal side of things as well, and then spend more time and money maintaining it....or sign a contractual agreement with steam where steam handles all of that and only gets a cut of the profits with no further investment needed.

The legal side of things, and ensuring that the artists get paid for their work, is only part of the reason they went with steam.  The other being that this ends up faster and more reliable than some solution that DE could roll themselves.

36 minutes ago, Sorenxoras said:

Because Steam Workshop and easy distribution payment for content creators.

1 hour ago, Sorenxoras said:

Steam Workshop, which Tennogen relies upon, was created by Valve. Without it or a similar system, Tennogen wouldn't be viable.