Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I really don't like the pattern of getting new warframes

Grendads_Creamy_Donut

Putting the blueprints all in the quest limits DE's storytelling options, because you would basically have almost exactly the same series of events

They would have to explain why so many people are walking around with complete warframe sets too

Edited by TheChaotic1

45 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

Putting the blueprints all in the quest limits DE's storytelling options, because you would basically have almost exactly the same series of events

They would have to explain why so many people are walking around with complete warframe sets too

then why not reward all the parts in the end of the quest?

10 minutes ago, SwordMasterZoro-EN- said:

then why not reward all the parts in the end of the quest?

Because youll run out of content, youll build it immediately, run to akkad n shelf it (Generalizing).

Then get bored again, claim theres 0 end game (which isnt easy to create) then play something else while feeling like youre not catered to. (Generalizing).

They are a company just as much as a game company and need to try and goad people into buying said things. Admittedly DE has a generally backwards approach to this by making everything too easily accessible which results in not needing or wanting to buy most content since its so freakishly easy to get in a game no one payed to play.

Im quite positive a majority of their pay check comes through prime access.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

6 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Because youll run out of content, youll build it immediately, run to akkad n shelf it (Generalizing).

Then get bored again, claim theres 0 end game (which isnt easy to create) then play something else while feeling like youre not catered to. (Generalizing).

They are a company just as much as a game company and need to try and goad people into buying said things. Admittedly DE has a generally backwards approach to this by making everything too easily accessible which results in not needing or wanting to buy most content since its so freakishly easy to get in a game no one payed to play.

Im quite positive a majority of their pay check comes through prime access.

^^^ This. DE doesn't cater to anyone unless you pay them money.
If you want to be catered for free....don;t play "free to play" online video games. it's as simple as that. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)c8dx2297 said:

They need to make some stuff even HARDER to get, say, Rhino, Nova, Excal, etc. 
Then you new players can do something to feel like you earned it, instead of having everything handed to you. If you're really complaining about it like this, Warframe isn;t for you, kiddo

There's Difficult and then there's Artificial Diffculty. Getting Rewarded from an Enriching, Thought Provoking Quest or Well Crafted Boss is one thing, but what we are doing is nothing more than playing slots. Its not hard but tedious.

9 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

There's Difficult and then there's Artificial Diffculty. Getting Rewarded from an Enriching, Thought Provoking Quest or Well Crafted Boss is one thing, but what we are doing is nothing more than playing slots. 

But thats unrealistic and what it devolves into regardless. A boss only remains well crafted until you win then its repeat x N. Tedium. Also much harder to create due to how everyone handles these things differently.

Thought provoking quests are not and cannot be frequent, even the best writers arent repeat block busters.

Im not apologizing but you guys expect far too much from a small team and a f2p.

Hmm well, I kind of agree but of they going to include heavy farming like Nidus and octavia, the game should at least give a hint where the parts are to be farmed after obtaining the blueprint, instead of having to go to forums/wiki/region chat to ask where their parts are farmable from. A side quest after the quest would have helped. I think DE needs to put more planning and structure in the design of new quests, that they be just as fluid as the /natah/ second dream/war within... with Nidus, the whole infested room is has been introduced in a vague way and should be an explanation and such after the quest.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

But thats unrealistic and what it devolves into regardless. A boss only remains well crafted until you win then its repeat x N. Tedium. Also much harder to create due to how everyone handles these things differently.

Thought provoking quests are not and cannot be frequent, even the best writers arent repeat block busters.

Im not apologizing but you guys expect far too much from a small team and a f2p.

But if I'm giving them money "Which I have, Alot" then they need to meet some of my Standards, otherwise I and many others will move onto other Venues to spend time. Also Diablo and Dark Souls had repeatable Bosses that didn't get old "Though Mind you that's just my opinion." The War Within Quest took 18 months to make and was over in 2 hours, like I said earlier in the Topic whats best for them isn't always whats best for us.

4 minutes ago, Cosmic_Elf said:

Hmm well, I kind of agree but of they going to include heavy farming like Nidus and octavia, the game should at least give a hint where the parts are to be farmed after obtaining the blueprint, instead of having to go to forums/wiki/region chat to ask where their parts are farmable from. A side quest after the quest would have helped. I think DE needs to put more planning and structure in the design of new quests, that they be just as fluid as the /natah/ second dream/war within... with Nidus, the whole infested room is has been introduced in a vague way and should be an explanation and such after the quest.

I agree the vagueness of their designs can half the time be intrinsically damaging due to them under explaining various mechanics

6 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

But if I'm giving them money "Which I have, Alot" then they need to meet some of my Standards,

What i mean ny money isnt 60 dollars every 3 months or 5-15 in between occasional to rarely, that kind of money or hard to gauge and generally sporadic at best. 

I mean a sub/paying for entry thats possible to gauge and articulate into a proper budget to hire more people on to the team to pump out more quality content potentially faster.

Also Diablo and Dark Souls had repeatable Bosses that didn't get old "Though Mind you that's just my opinion."

Real talk both of those games got old fast, especially with dks3s last dlc hp sponge bosses that can 1-3 shot you. Only reason they are tolerable is because they only need to be killed 1-2 times max, weapons can be traded and etc but like you its an opinion.

12 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

The War Within Quest took 18 months to make and was over in 2 hours, like I said earlier in the Topic whats best for them isn't always whats best for us.

Yes a small team took 18 months to make TWW which came with various mechanics, weapons and changes. 

Whats best for them is indeed whats isnt always best for us but vice versa stands just as true. Give the game to the fanbase and they will quickly destroy it, grow sick of it and abandon it because whats best for you and me isnt whats best for Jimmy John and Willy warframe players or how fun can ever be feasibly defined.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

What i mean ny money isnt 60 dollars every 3 months or 5-15 in between occasional to rarely, that kind of money or hard to gauge and generally sporadic at best. 

I mean a sub/paying for entry thats possible to gauge and articulate into a proper budget to hire more people on to the team to pump out more quality content potentially faster.

Yes a small team took 18 months to make TWW which came with various mechanics, weapons and changes. 

Whats best for them is indeed whats isnt always best for us but vice versa stands just as true. Give the game to the fanbase and they will quickly destroy it, grow sick of it and abandon it because whats best for you and me isnt whats best for Jimmy John and Willy warframe players or how fun can ever be feasibly defined.

1) Point taken, If this was a Sub Game or at least a Sub Option in the vein of ESO Plus, perhaps we can get Quality Content at a consistent pace.

2) I mentioned the TWW since the Time it took to make didn't equate to the quality of said content eg: Duke Nukem Forever or Aliens Colonal Marines. "Again my opinion"

3) I think what we need to do is find a middle ground between Business and Customer. I enjoy this game, I believe there is still potential but there are problems I wish to address that either can't be done due to hardware limitations or goes beyond the scope of what this games strives to do. Also playing by yourself burns out interest faster.

8 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

1) Point taken, If this was a Sub Game or at least a Sub

Problem is that the fanbase wont agree to it since it started f2p.

) I mentioned the TWW since the Time it took to make didn't equate to the quality of said content

Well yeah it never couldve reached it tbh, too much was working against it. Small team, rewrites, re designs, re voicing/scripting. Quite frankly i feel like they shouldnt try that again until they have a full planned road map and maybe some extra people to carry the load.

15 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

I think what we need to do is find a middle ground between Business and Customer. I enjoy this game, I believe there is still potential but there are problems I wish to address that either can't be done due to hardware limitations or goes beyond the scope of what this games strives to do. Also playing by yourself burns out interest faster.

I agree fully, problem comes in where everyones needs to be and are met is a very tricky line to draw because a decent chunk will feel the sleight of hand wether its intentional or not. Really i wish i could have quality content pumped out at regular and well met intervals while they also make lots of money to live on and take risks with the game.

Just in my eyes this isnt possible due to too many variables involved, i dont even think THEY know what to strive for in the game atm.

1 hour ago, (PS4)c8dx2297 said:

Then you new players can do something to feel like you earned it, instead of having everything handed to you. If you're really complaining about it like this, Warframe isn;t for you, kiddo

I wasn't even complaining nor did I talk about the frames like rhino, excal etc that are easy to farm, I'm saying the new way that quest frames are being dished and compared to previous quests are really not all that good

I kind of like how they setup the way we got these newer frames, thats just me though not sure how others felt about having to do missions to farm up the parts after getting the BP. This is a free to play game so RNG will always be a part and this is just my opinion but it feels better farming the parts and materials after getting the main bp than just getting the stuff handed to me like the limbo or chroma quest. I'm going to contradict myself here as well but I also did like how they had those quest setup for rewarding the BP for the frame and parts because it still took time if we had to farm resources to mae those parts. Its a nice change of pace how they switched the way we get them after the quest, and I'm aware how sometimes it can be annoying to get the parts from farming with drop rates or the chance at the part in reward table but sometimes if fun to get it as a reward and sometimes having to work for the parts and make it can also be rewarding. Once again this is just how I feel about the quests that reward us with frame parts/ main blueprints, how you feel about it is no doubt different than how I feel but at the end of the day most of the stuff in this game is accesable to all players with the exception of a few items even I don't have, but at the end of the day, we can all still find a way in Warframe to have fun.

everything new in the game is simply to encourage you to buy stuff, this is a free game so DE have to do anything they can to earn money to keep them afloat, as such this is why we have drifted away from easy to find warframe parts (a nice simple to understand/find, 3x bits you had to farm on node boses) and instead you now dont know where the parts even are unless you read all the patch notes or as per usual goto the wiki, and even then its not just 1 place like before with a bit of rng.

Instead we now typically have parts in 3 different locations, often buried in an RNG loot table (sometimes needing unobtanium alloy or urandiom isotopes or some new made up material to punish vet players who have worked for tons of the previous stuff), within a seperate A/B/C rotation, to make it as annoying as possible in the hopes you just cave in and buy the thing in the market, its been this way for a LONG time, probably back since DE sold their soul to Perfect World (also a very well known cash grab company that has ruined plenty of games that "once" were actually fun and now just fleece their players for all the cash they can).

Basically you just have to just grin and bear it if you plan to remain part of the play for free crowd, always read the wiki about new stuff because thats how this games drifted towards to find out stuff that should be easy to find out in game but hasnt been for ages.  (adding the new player stuff was their attempt to improve this but they keep adding over complicated stuff every patch which just adds to the confusion.  exactly the same for MANY other games, as a new player just try hopping into say eve online, star trek online or tons more that start off easy to pickup, understand, are nice and orderly but end up a huge confusing mess).

The biggest example of this would be the new frame, not only does it go the annoying route for parts it also adds in some nice friendly rip-off music packs, i say packs but its basically 3 music notes per pack (the exception maybe being percussion which has a few), 1 each for bass/percussion/melody, the worst being the melody as the notes simply do not mix well with the bass/percussion which actually does sound good.  Then remember you have stuff like operators, another half cocked invention like archwing, the focus side of that is long overdue actually being made into something relevant but it probably wont be for quite a while, why?  because they added all that nice cash grab fashion stuff you buy for plat, thats whats important the fun/useful part can come later, much better to keep adding more stuff ppl may want to buy instead of fixing stuff that should have been fixed asap.

Anyone who doesnt think its all for money is simply kidding themselves, their understandably a business pushing a F2P game and F2P games need to earn cash, they cant have everyone playing away forever without ever paying something, the game would crumble if that happened, so we have simply drifted away from the old/original easy to understand/aquire system, to the intentionally annoying/confusing/non uniform system we have now.

Edited by Methanoid

the rates for these Parts once you have the Blueprint from the Quest - isn't even in the same league as Keys for Prime things.

always present for availability without prerequisite, and high rates.
it may be less convenient than it being plopped in your lap but.... that doesn't make the claim any more true.

having to complete 3 Vaults in Spy to get desired Rewards isn't asking for much btw - why would you not complete them all?

On 4/1/2017 at 9:21 PM, Trissila said:

Ivara landed in my lap passively whilst farming for my +damage+stat mods. MUCH better than others that offer no other incentive besides the frame parts.

Nidus' map actually drops relics quite often.

20 hours ago, (PS4)c8dx2297 said:

Yeah, no. What you're really saying is "noobs need to be punished so I, c8dx2297, can feel like they earned it." Pro tip: Nobody cares whether you feel elite enough. 

As mentioned before, it's just another way to get you to spend your plat and buy more.

I'd be mad at it if I had to pay any amount in order to start playing and THEN it had the audacity to ask for even more money *glares at Overwatch*

but given that it's a Free to Play game, it's to be expected.

Question:

Why is it bad for there to be a set of frames that are easy to get and a set of frames that are "difficult" to get?

Boss frames are easy, minus Mesa and Saryn, and arguably Atlas1 and Equinox2.  Dojo frames are either easy or medium, depending on if the research is already done.  Quest frames that give you the whole frame are easy.  Ash might be easy, depending on if there's a Manic-spawning event going on like Thousand Cuts or Pacifism Defect.  That's a whole lot of variety available

And even the "difficult" frames aren't so much difficult as they are more involved.  All three spy vaults?  Easy.  All three spy vaults again and again and again AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AAAAAAAAAA-ahem.  All three vaults a lot?  Still easy, just long.  Infested invasions?  Easy.  A minimum of nine Infested invasions of three missions each that show up randomly?  Still easy, just long.  Rathuum?  Easy.  Rathuum a lot?  etc. etc.  These all require a dedicated time investment.

Frankly, with Octavia only sticking one piece behind Rotation C (in an easy mission, as well) and the other two being readily available, I'm not clear why she triggered3 this thread.

1Not actually that hard, and is the usual "boss that drops one of three parts," but is a pain due to Archwing.

2More than double the usual boss drops, tied to a boss with a fair amount of downtime.

3I mean this in the literal way, she happened and caused this to happen, not the "lol ur triggered" way.  It saddens me that I would even feel the need to specify that, but here we are.