Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This game needs a "No Limbo" option in the games Menu

MudShadow

What's with the fighting? Mate, stop being against the whole comunity. And just by having a option to ''remove him'' is quite selfish. Limbo is very fun, and anyone caught in the Rift can easily get out. It's just how you like and how you want to play. Mostly Limbo is in the spot light due to the new rework. Going to re adress this later, got no time.

The fact that Limbo 'can' stop time and put an entire map into stasis can be a bit annoying (Note Melee weapons can still hit things in stasis and kill them), but besides that, the new abilities of Limbo are interesting to be honest.  Yes, it can sometimes make the rest of the team unnecessary, but how is this any different from a Resonating Quake Banshee, a WoF Ember, or an Equinox who know when to blow up and recast their slash proc?

The answer is not to cry whine and moan when you dont get 75056 kills in a survival, but talk to squadmates and work WITH them instead.  All frames have abilities that can be useful or harmful to others fun.  Its learning to use them to the benefit of all that's the fun stuff.

7 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Just because you dislike one thing does not mean we need the option to remove it. If you do not like what frames people use, then play solo or premake a squad without a limbo.

It's not just him and it's not dislike.  There are about four people on warframe that now how to play Limbo and the problem is everyone on Warframe think they know how to play Limbo.

9 hours ago, MudShadow said:

This game is just not enjoyable to play when there is a Limbo present on the team. That is the sad reality of this Warframe, he is simply the most anti-fun element of the game right now. He has too much power and control over the enemies. To the point where he is actually controlling what other players in the game can and can't do.

ie I join a game and there is a Limbo present. He spams his AOE skills with max range. I can no longer deal damage in the effective Vacinity. I have to move to the other side of the map to be able to play the game and actually deal damage again. Either that or I can just stand there doing nothing whilst Limbo controls the entire flow of the rest of game. Bad design.

Stuff like this is why my fav weapons got nerfed

thx allot

9 hours ago, MudShadow said:

It's not a matter of just having a "dislike" for Limbo. It's more in the region of "This Warframe is broken to the point where he breaks the game".

The Range on his AOE abilities need to be reduced by about 10x. He should be effecting a very small area with his abilities. But at the moment his abilities are almost controlling the entire map. Limbo is basically a god and everyone else in the game are just mere peasants along for the ride.

So is Nidus, no forma easy 3-5 hour solo survivals because he is immortal. A well built, heavily forma Saryn can still decimate everything in a huge area with spores/viral/toxin procs then melt then with miasma, And using Rift Torrent on Limbo with a huge aoe, even with a nerf wont stop his capabilities he has always been a amazing frame, he is just now capable of doing damage comparable to all the others.
It is a team game not "how much more dmg can I do than other people", if yellow numbers are all that matters to you then play solo, because I sure as hell love when everything comes to a halt in a sortie because a team member pushed a key, lets everyone have a chance to heal up, reload etc and take down priority targets while they helplessly stand there and get rekt.

NOTHING NEEDS NERFED! At 25p a frame slot, another 20p for potato, 20 more for exilus, 75 for weapon slots, 60p more for 3 weapon potato (200 plat per frame), hours of real life work time to pay for said platinum or farming every second of your free time to get that platinum not to mention trade chat being a throw of the dice hoping that maybe just maybe you can sell a item you are shorting it's value on in hopes to make a sale to get said platinum. AKA We paid for it, we spent hours of time building it up and a vocal minority of players should not force nerfs for the rest of us. It is a game. Meant to be played and enjoyed. Not a drug that hardcore no-lifers derive some kind of sense of accomplishment from. GAMES = Mindless entertainment. Make every frame OP. Reverse Nerfs on Excal, Saryn, Banshee, Trin, Valkyr, Tonkor, etc. and anything else that people whined about and let us just play the game. 

Edited by ApocNizmith

I dont like to play in groups with Limbo but I will NOT demand a nerf. I simply leave the group and let the Limbos players have fun in a way they like (no irony). Its a PvE game. Everybody should be able to play in a way he/she like!

Leave Limbo alone ffs. How bout the whistle blowing bandwagon riding cry baby minority  suggest more challenging enemies rather than crying to nerf hammer every fricken thing in this PvE game. Shut up. Please and Thank you. This is why we can't have nice things :facepalm:There are more important things DE should be working on. Gee wiz

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Leave Limbo alone ffs. How bout the whistle blowing bandwagon riding cry baby minority  suggest more challenging enemies rather than crying to nerf hammer every fricken thing in this PvE game. Shut up. Please. This is why we can't have nice things :facepalm:

I think I dislike people like you more.

More challenging enemies aren't going to resolve the major co-op limiting issues with Limbo, they would most likely intensify them.

The OP went about it in the wrong way, I'll give you that. However, Limbo does need to be looked into.

A frame who has a massive area of denial for a good chunk of primary and secondaries is not healthy for a co-op game. 

Does he need to be nerfed?

Not really. Other frames kick as much or more a** than him. However, he is currently the only frame that can stop you from being able to use your primary or secondary well. As much as I love my Sheev, melee only missions get irritating.

Stasis is... not well designed with team play in mind. Using certain guns causes Stasis to rapidly crash, which has a negative affect on Limbo.

However, using certain weapons pretty much makes it to where you can't use a primary or secondary inside Limbo's Cataclysm. 

This needs to be looked into. 

This is feedback ^

Not what you posted. Thing like what you posted irritate me to no end. 

Though, what OP posted wasn't exactly... helpful. 

Filters for what Warframes can and can't be in your game will ALWAYS be a bad idea. At the same time, DE needs to look into this and make it less detrimental to team oriented gameplay.

The old saying comes to mind, 

"Admitting there is a problem is the first step to resolving it."

37 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Leave Limbo alone ffs. How bout the whistle blowing bandwagon riding cry baby minority  suggest more challenging enemies rather than crying to nerf hammer every fricken thing in this PvE game. Shut up. Please and Thank you. This is why we can't have nice things :facepalm:There are more important things DE should be working on. Gee wiz

More challenging enemies are kinda not a thing Warframe can do in its current structure: the moment enemies get past "trivial to kill" your optimal plan is to rely on scripted kills and CC abilities. Enemies, consumables, powers, and weapons will all have to be adjusted (read: nerfed, in a lot of cases; changed in others) to make the slope of enemy difficulty smooth. It would be a from-the-foundation restructuring.

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

1 hour ago, ApocNizmith said:

So is Nidus, no forma easy 3-5 hour solo survivals because he is immortal. A well built, heavily forma Saryn can still decimate everything in a huge area with spores/viral/toxin procs then melt then with miasma, And using Rift Torrent on Limbo with a huge aoe, even with a nerf wont stop his capabilities he has always been a amazing frame, he is just now capable of doing damage comparable to all the others.
It is a team game not "how much more dmg can I do than other people", if yellow numbers are all that matters to you then play solo, because I sure as hell love when everything comes to a halt in a sortie because a team member pushed a key, lets everyone have a chance to heal up, reload etc and take down priority targets while they helplessly stand there and get rekt.

NOTHING NEEDS NERFED! At 25p a frame slot, another 20p for potato, 20 more for exilus, 75 for weapon slots, 60p more for 3 weapon potato (200 plat per frame), hours of real life work time to pay for said platinum or farming every second of your free time to get that platinum not to mention trade chat being a throw of the dice hoping that maybe just maybe you can sell a item you are shorting it's value on in hopes to make a sale to get said platinum. AKA We paid for it, we spent hours of time building it up and a vocal minority of players should not force nerfs for the rest of us. It is a game. Meant to be played and enjoyed. Not a drug that hardcore no-lifers derive some kind of sense of accomplishment from. GAMES = Mindless entertainment. Make every frame OP. Reverse Nerfs on Excal, Saryn, Banshee, Trin, Valkyr, Tonkor, etc. and anything else that people whined about and let us just play the game. 

Unfortunately, your argumemt seems contradictory.

You say that it is a game, and we should have fun. You state that this is a team game, and with that we should work with our team.

However, Limbo currently has two issues.

1) Many players don't find it fun to have him in a party.

2) His abilities can (and often are) harmful to team play.

As you said, we should enjoy the game. But DE has to keep that in mind regarding ALL players. This means that they have to find some sort of compromise so that Limbo can be used without catching flak from other players, but at the same time make sure Limbo is still enjoyable.

As with the second issue, Limbo can make it to where players have difficulties using their primary and secondary weapons, which is not good for team play. 

I love my Sheev, but even I have my limits. Melee only gets irritating after awhile.

DE needs to resolve this. It is not healthy for the game. You say nothing needs to be nerfed, but this is FAR from the truth. Blessing Trinity from back in the day comes to mind. Does Limbo need a nerf? Not really? But he does still need work. That much is certain.

How can they do it? Hard to say.

But it is an issue, and it does need to be looked into. Other frames may not be fun to play with, I agree, but none currently stop you from playing to the degree that Limbo can. And this becomes problamatic in a co-op game.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

More challenging enemies are kinda not a thing Warframe can do in its current structure: the moment enemies get past "trivial to kill" your optimal plan is to rely on scripted kills and CC abilities. Enemies, consumables, powers, and weapons will all have to be adjusted (read: nerfed, in a lot of cases; changed in others) to make the slope of enemy difficulty smooth. It would be a from-the-foundation restructuring.

This is also a good point to go with what I responded to him with previously.

I personally dont care about these nuker limbo builds. My issue is the ones that when im trying to shoot enemies just pop their freeze skill and leave it on for the entire duration of their cataclysm. Ive had it happen so many times in the past few days ive really gotten annoyed to the point where i just go in with just a melee weapon if theres ever a limbo with me

1 hour ago, KX297 said:

However, he is currently the only frame that can stop you from being able to use your primary or secondary well. As much as I love my Sheev, melee only missions get irritating.

Stasis is... not well designed with team play in mind. Using certain guns causes Stasis to rapidly crash, which has a negative affect on Limbo.

However, using certain weapons pretty much makes it to where you can't use a primary or secondary inside Limbo's Cataclysm. 

I suggest you start a thread then to fix the so called "issue". Because I have submitted a lot of feedback, more than you. And as far as I am concerned I see nothing wrong with Limbo. I think DE knocked his rework out of the park. So good luck to you with your "limbo issues feedback thread". I'll be looking forward to it.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

1 hour ago, KX297 said:

I think I dislike people like you more.

More challenging enemies aren't going to resolve the major co-op limiting issues with Limbo, they would most likely intensify them.

The OP went about it in the wrong way, I'll give you that. However, Limbo does need to be looked into.

A frame who has a massive area of denial for a good chunk of primary and secondaries is not healthy for a co-op game. 

Does he need to be nerfed?

Not really. Other frames kick as much or more a** than him. However, he is currently the only frame that can stop you from being able to use your primary or secondary well. As much as I love my Sheev, melee only missions get irritating.

This is feedback ^

Not what you posted. Thing like what you posted irritate me to no end. 

Though, what OP posted wasn't exactly... helpful. 

Filters for what Warframes can and can't be in your game will ALWAYS be a bad idea. At the same time, DE needs to look into this and make it less detrimental to team oriented gameplay.

The old saying comes to mind, 

"Admitting there is a problem is the first step to resolving it."

as soon as Nullifiers show up, this 'massive' area of denial becomes less and less of a thing.  Just saying.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

I suggest you start a thread then to fix the so called "issue". Because I have submitted a lot of feedback, more than you. And as far as I am concerned I see nothing wrong with Limbo. I think DE knocked his rework out of the park. So good luck to you with your "limbo issues feedback thread". I'll be looking forward to it.

From what I've seen in this post and your last post, our definition of feedback differs greatly. 

And i'm a firm believer that quality always trumps quantity. 

You don't seem very open minded at all, which is a rime trait to have in regards to giving feedback. Limbo obviously has some very blatant issues. This can be seen by the responses littered throughout the forums and in the Limbo rework mega-thread. 

I recommend you consider the opinions of those around you. Simply because YOU see nothing wrong with Limbo does not mean that there is in fact nothing wrong with him.

The community has some issues with Limbo, that much is obvious.

Are some a little over the top? Yes.

Are some in the right mind? Yes.

I have already posted my feedback in the rework mega-thread. I stated that I thought there were some issues, but that things were looking good. I realize that despite the fact that I enjoy Limbo, his abilities hinder my allies. This is not good and it is unhealthy for the game. 

I have experienced it both playing as Limbo and playing with Limbo. I understand very well how people could enjoy him, and how people could find him incredibly irritating. I hope DE looks into this. Limbo was disliked prior to the rework, and with the way he works now, I imagine it'll get worse. 

Well there always be people who dislike him? Of course. 

But currently some of the main reasons people dislike him are actually very big problems. Not allowing players to use two of their three weapons within a certain very large area of effect is not good. 

12 minutes ago, achromos said:

as soon as Nullifiers show up, this 'massive' area of denial becomes less and less of a thing.  Just saying.

True, but this doesn't resolve the issue against Infested or Grineer.

And currently, with the way Limbo works, it isn't too hard to deal with the Nullifiers.

Of course, it becomes harder to do as spawn rates go up. 

This is one of the few things that allows allies to really work as a team with the new Limbo though, which is nice. I was running a fissure in the void a few missions back, and my friend pretty much prioritized killing Nullifiers so we could go for a longer time. 

Obviously new Limbo has his downfalls, and with those comes issues regarding balance. Both with respect to enemies AND teammates. 

12 hours ago, MudShadow said:

The Range on his AOE abilitiesneed to be reduced by about 10x.

May as well nerf everyone elses too then because saryn can kill enemies as they spawn without ever seeing them, ranged maimnox, ranged resonating quake is hilarious.

My favorite is max duration super slowva on defense missions.

His range shouldnt be reduced because it drastically affects a number of things involved with his kit. Cataclysm isnt even the main problem his 1 2 and 3 causing viral banishing will really make you mad AF (you, not me).

Be happy they havent caught on to his real strong tools yet.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

17 minutes ago, KX297 said:

om what I've seen in this post and your last post, our definition of feedback differs greatly. 

And i'm a firm believer that quality always trumps quantity. 

Feedback includes solutions. " If you're not helping to make it right, then stop complaining about it being wrong" 

(-All I see from you is DE should look into it because I have know idea how to fix it.)

"Don't come to me with a problem without a solution"

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74