The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please do something about enemy CC?

LycanPT

Can we please have more diversity in CC other than being knocked each 10 secs, chain pulled or pulled into knock down? The sad thing about this is that there are so many units with CC and with the same CC that you spend a great majority of the mission not playing at all.

So my suggestion is remove the amount of units with these kind of cc's and add other types of cc like blinding, slowing (just movement), disarming, slow energy drain (and not BS proximity like energy leech eximus, something like an arc of lightning that you can see and shoot back), etc...

I mean so much interesting and better ideas other than just watching you being knocked or dragged in the floor with inaction every 10 seconds. And what is up with the pulls? are they laser guided?

Now many of you just say keep moving, yeah but sometimes I also like to play on the ground and have a more realistic and controlled moved instead of bullet jumping all the time. As for now when I seek that kind of gameplay I have to play with rhino's iron skin or atlas

Edited by LycanPT

7 minutes ago, Lancars said:

I remember ancients where nerfed to stop tenno ping pong.

what?? you mean.. they were WORSE than they are now? dear god... lol at "slam Tantrums" though, I now have an amusing image in my head of a Bursa squealing like a pissed toddler while slamming furiously.

OP, be VERY careful what you wish for regarding this, because DE might step in and say "you want different CC abilities for enemies? here's one that lets them freeze you in one place while you can't do anything, and here's one that blinds you for 10 seconds , oh and here's my personal favourite, one that Molecular Primes you so that you move really slowly and can die in one hit!

"what, you said anything different to knockdown spam?"

1 minute ago, EmptyDevil said:

Nervos needs to make a return after a balance pass is done to it. Would like to see enemies that require a teammate to help you if you're not playing solo, and if you are solo it should annoy you.

There is the almighty Corpus Tech that requires a teammate to revive you once he one-shotted you as soon as you opened that door

I'm sure we can qualify him as a major annoyance !

2 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Nervos needs to make a return after a balance pass is done to it. Would like to see enemies that require a teammate to help you if you're not playing solo, and if you are solo it should annoy you.

i don't usually double post, I became a Tenno long after Nervos were removed, and I shouldn't really ask, knowing the answer will likely be horrible, but here goes?

what actually are Nervos anyway? *jumps in nuclear bunker*

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

what?? you mean.. they were WORSE than they are now? dear god... lol at "slam Tantrums" though, I now have an amusing image in my head of a Bursa squealing like a pissed toddler while slamming furiously.

OP, be VERY careful what you wish for regarding this, because DE might step in and say "you want different CC abilities for enemies? here's one that lets them freeze you in one place while you can't do anything, and here's one that blinds you for 10 seconds , oh and here's my personal favourite, one that Molecular Primes you so that you move really slowly and can die in one hit!

"what, you said anything different to knockdown spam?"

They use to start full sprint and run up and instant slap you. So knockback and knockdown so you'd get up and another one runs in and slaps you. Only unit that did that. Now they harpoon you and MOA's stomp spam so where back to tenno ping pong. We have come full circle.

Also i heard grineer roller grenades use to lock you in place and stop all actions and movements. That was patched out quickly cause of super forum rage.

Edited by Lancars

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

It's called situational awareness. Some of us like being rewarded for having it and not just sleep walking through missions

Or if you have a frame that can spam attacks that kill everything. Only CC issue i have is the infested with there MOA spam and ancient spam after awhile.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

i don't usually double post, I became a Tenno long after Nervos were removed, and I shouldn't really ask, knowing the answer will likely be horrible, but here goes?

what actually are Nervos anyway? *jumps in nuclear bunker*

Think the Seeker's roller grenades on steroids... That only team mates can remove and stun lock you.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nervos

Edited by SilvaDreams

I hate to say this but... Keep Moving!

I know what you said, OP, but if that is the game-strategy you want, staying on the floor and a more "realistic" way of moving about, might I suggest playing a different game?

This game is all about moving around at neck breaking speeds. That is what all enemy actions are based on: breaking your chain of actions. Changing that to satisfy the occasional pedestrian would be counter productive for the rest of us, you know, the people who play exactly this game because of the movement system.

No, seriously, with so many games out there providing exactly what you want, why come asking for it in this game? The gameplay for coop-agile-dark-ninja game has already been ruined greatly by all the catering to solo players out for loot and whackyness only, do we really need more watering down to conform to CoD type of play?

Please no. Stop. This is not your game. Go play something else. Please.

15 minutes ago, ComCray said:

I know what you said, OP, but if that is the game-strategy you want, staying on the floor and a more "realistic" way of moving about, might I suggest playing a different game?

This game is all about moving around at neck breaking speeds. That is what all enemy actions are based on: breaking your chain of actions. Changing that to satisfy the occasional pedestrian would be counter productive for the rest of us, you know, the people who play exactly this game because of the movement system.

No, seriously, with so many games out there providing exactly what you want, why come asking for it in this game? The gameplay for coop-agile-dark-ninja game has already been ruined greatly by all the catering to solo players out for loot and whackyness only, do we really need more watering down to conform to CoD type of play?

No matter how fast you move there are times where you get harpooned and dragged. Then you get bumped around a few times by shockwaves only to get harpooned again. You can't keep your guard up and kill things at the same time. The harpoons can home in on you. When i fight infested i already have to move around all the time cause of the chargers melee attack being devastating and the ranged ground attacks the MOA"s can spit on the ground that can chew through you. "Keep moving" isn't a valid argument since you'll be hit anyway by this stuff. Getting road hauled and batted around isn't fun no matter how much you try to avoid it.

Worse than the Scorpion's and Ancient's hook would have to be the Grineer Commander's way of "cc"-ing us: switch-teleporting us to his place, and lock us in place with a forced animation. There is no way to telegraph this. The moment he sees you, either you kill him, or he made you do a weird little dance while enemies wail on you. At least you can alleviate knockdown with Handspring -_-

Edited by Beggining
Woop da Woop

5 minutes ago, Lancars said:

No matter how fast you move there are times where you get harpooned and dragged. Then you get bumped around a few times by shockwaves only to get harpooned again.

Getting road hauled and batted around isn't fun no matter how much you try to avoid it.

Yes. Indeed. It rarely happens and when it does it's highly annoying. Exactly.

Now, what is the problem again? Oh, you don't like it. It makes you feel weak and it prevents you from clearing the room with a mere snap of your finger. One would almost think this is by design..

Sarcasm aside, this is what I meant exactly. Because what you describe only happens when you let them swarm you. And that, my friend, is all on you. I could list reasons why how and where this happens as much as I can list ways to avoid it. But that is all besides the point.

And the point is: learn to avoid this. Embrace your movement system, learn battle-field awareness, learn to own the battlefield so YOU choose where to face which enemy. That is what this game is about and there's plenty in the game to support you. If you get swarmed to the point of not being able to play, you already lost through your own fault.

And this includes trying to solo content that is deliberatly created to cater to teams. The game doesn't need to cater to everybodies inflated ego, you need to leave your ego at the door and make a realistic asessment of your skill. And if it doesn't check out, adjust and try again.

37 minutes ago, ComCray said:

Yes I can see the game being designed for super fast fluid movement with all the map clutter... also do you even remember the old movement? Stop saying nonsense and think before you type something, but even so when the enemy swarms you and every unit having cc you will eventually get knocked and pulled simply because no matter how mch you space ninja you will eventually get caught.

48 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's called situational awareness. Some of us like being rewarded for having it and not just sleep walking through missions

Most cc in this game is telegraphed and gives you time to counter

yes, situational awareness in a horde game when 90% of the enemies in the horde have this kind of CC, smart...

56 minutes ago, Sakatchi said:

You have an exilus slot now, put handspring in it.

Yeah that is the same as forcing me to play rhino and atlas, also the mod doesn't remove the constant loss of control, it just makes you stand on your feet again faster, so you can go down once again even faster