Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow feedback and discussion

Trickst3rGawd

18 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Doesnt sound half bad, but also doesnt fit his style at all. He looks much more like an inquisitor or dark cultist than a holy man...

Idk, I just thought he seemed a bit like an anti hero priest, They did say a lot of his powers would be focused on support so I figured that since he is a dark priest he would have some kind of either holy power set or else a power set that represented paganism or a cult of some kind. I guess to fit the theme you'd only need to change the names of the powers, yeh?

Charon and Deacon would be cool name proposals. I'm going to guess he has some sort of power that absorbs nearby enemy souls to heal allies. Might even be a stack counter that feeds into his other powers like Nidus. Either way, I think he's going to be a support frame that benefits from corpses somehow. Not much to go on currently, so I'm not going to speculate too hard yet.

23 minutes ago, UberLevi said:

Charon and Deacon would be cool name proposals. I'm going to guess he has some sort of power that absorbs nearby enemy souls to heal allies. Might even be a stack counter that feeds into his other powers like Nidus. Either way, I think he's going to be a support frame that benefits from corpses somehow. Not much to go on currently, so I'm not going to speculate too hard yet.

Skipping way ahead now as the thread has grown a lot, heh

But anyhow, I think Charon sounds like a cool name. Deacon seems too generic* or formal compared to what DE has used so far. 
*(not "generic" like "Pat the Warframe" but generic like calling Octavia "Bard" or Ash "Shinobi") 

Thinking of Charon but also the hints of Pharaoh with the headdress I think Osiris could be a good one (if that's not already come up?!)

Charon<>Osiris could make for a cool alternate Helm or Deluxe/TennoGen skin too. 

It's the 33rd Warframe, so there's a Freemason reference there. Also a mason is someone who does stonework, who builds things that are meant to last. I think symbolically you can kind of connect that to a priest frame, one that protects and heals others. It's also a bit more simple than Suffragan, which is a bit pretentious for me. Just throwing it out there.

7 minutes ago, Protomorph said:

It's the 33rd Warframe, so there's a Freemason reference there.

Or maybe there's just been 33 of them, no reference intended at all?

6 minutes ago, Protomorph said:

Also a mason is someone who does stonework, who builds things that are meant to last. I think symbolically you can kind of connect that to a priest frame

Not so much, honestly. Masons build things while priests maintain and preserve, as well as teach. Very different things, symbolically. 

6 minutes ago, CeePee said:

The numbers Mason, what do they mean?

For some reason a lot of cults and such are obsessed with the 33rd parallel. Which was where Babylon was. Something about the site of great demonic power, it's pretty confusing. 

22 minutes ago, Protomorph said:

It's the 33rd Warframe, so there's a Freemason reference there. Also a mason is someone who does stonework, who builds things that are meant to last. I think symbolically you can kind of connect that to a priest frame, one that protects and heals others. It's also a bit more simple than Suffragan, which is a bit pretentious for me. Just throwing it out there.

Why would you want to rename THE DEACON as a bricklayer? 😆  And yes, I know that calling a Mason a bricklayer and vica versa is fight in' words ;).

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

29 minutes ago, Protomorph said:

It's also a bit more simple than Suffragan, which is a bit pretentious for me.

If anything, I think it's more fitting for this frame to be pretentious than any other. A, it's a priest/religious figure, and B, it's a frame connected to Red Veil, the most pretentious edgelords in the WF universe. :P

2 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

If anything, I think it's more fitting for this frame to be pretentious than any other. A, it's a priest/religious figure, and B, it's a frame connected to Red Veil, the most pretentious edgelords in the WF universe. :P

Actually new loka is the most pretentious .The pure humans only club. 

Edited by Miser_able

4 minutes ago, Noioiy said:

Did DE mention his name to me saffron? I must've missed it o.o 

Saffron is a weird name for a warframe don't you think?

I think I'll just call it Saffron Sugarcane!

I haven't heard anything. I think he was referring to one of many fan suggestions. 

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

I haven't heard anything. I think he was referring to one of many fan suggestions. 

Someone data mined him and his abilities and the pistol and its stats. His name was saffron something. 

Edited by aligatorno