Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this a reportable offense?

DSkycroft

Question

I was with a squad on Akkad,and one of our squad members decided to troll us by waiting until there was one second left on the voting screen to extract. It was wave 15,where almost every other enemy that spawns can drain your energy. He almost ruined our chances of completing the mission due to the fact that the enemy spawn rate doesn't seem to lower depending on the amount of players in the mission. I want to know if I can report him for doing this.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Unfortunately not a punishment offence, just put him in your ignore list i believe that stops you from matchmaking with him again 

It really should be reportable,since it can significantly lower a squad's chances of successfully completing the mission.

I dont think so. From what you told here, there is not proof of malice on his part. Also, there are people like this since forever.

One way to fix this would be to make lock in when you decide to stay. If you press stay it wouldnt be possible to change it. If you were not sure you would not press anthing. To make that work better, the time to decide would be 20-25s so some kind of chat conversation could be done. To offset that, if all people have chosen, the timer is terminated.

1 minute ago, Xardis said:

I dont think so. From what you told here, there is not proof of malice on his part. Also, there are people like this since forever.

One way to fix this would be to make lock in when you decide to stay. If you press stay it wouldnt be possible to change it. If you were not sure you would not press anthing. To make that work better, the time to decide would be 20-25s so some kind of chat conversation could be done. To offset that, if all people have chosen, the timer is terminated.

That would be a much better system,but I doubt DE would ever consider adding something like that.

22 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

I was with a squad on Akkad,and one of our squad members decided to troll us by waiting until there was one second left on the voting screen to extract. It was wave 15,where almost every other enemy that spawns can drain your energy. He almost ruined our chances of completing the mission due to the fact that the enemy spawn rate doesn't seem to lower depending on the amount of players in the mission. I want to know if I can report him for doing this.

Spawn rate decreases after the first wave which a player has left. This mean Wave 16 would be normal with 4 player spawn but as of 17 it would drop to 3 player spawn.

6 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Spawn rate decreases after the first wave which a player has left. This mean Wave 16 would be normal with 4 player spawn but as of 17 it would drop to 3 player spawn.

I miss-typed in the OP,I meant we were on wave ten and moving to waves 11-15.

30 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

Leaving a match at the last second should be...

You have 10 seconds to make your decision, and doing so in the allotted time should not be re-portable. If anything, DE should change the mechanics of choosing a side where 5 seconds are added to the clock if a change in side is detected with 3 seconds left.

To avoid this in the future, if the squad hasn't picked a side yet (with 3 seconds left) leave. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

41 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

It really should be reportable,since it can significantly lower a squad's chances of successfully completing the mission.

random players don't owe you anything, if you have a need to go into content you can't reliably do on your own, get people into your squad that have the same interests.

4 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

random players don't owe you anything, if you have a need to go into content you can't reliably do on your own, get people into your squad that have the same interests.

The problem with doing that is that there won't always be people interested in doing the mission that you want to do. I have several friends in RL that play the game,but they are unable to do so currently due to computer or Wi-Fi issues. Also,as one person mentioned earlier,it would be better if at least 5 seconds was added to the timer when someone decided to stay or extract in order to give the other players a chance to decide whether they want to stay or go before being forced to do a mission that they have too few players to do the mission without constantly dying.

Edited by DSkycroft

46 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

You put your trust on them it's your problem, that's basically DE's policy on everything that isn't cheating with programs or being actually mean, verbally abussive or hurtful. Even if you get scammed you have information always waiting for you to look it up. I have been playing defense missions with my mouse button hanging over the extract button every 5 waves (regardless of my choice) just because trolling is a thing in videogames, a fact that has been aknowledged and will probably never disappear for as long as someone gets a laugh at it.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

You have 10 seconds to make your decision, and doing so in the allotted time should not be re-portable. If anything, DE should change the mechanics of choosing a side where 5 seconds are added to the clock if a change in side is detected with 3 seconds left.

To avoid this in the future, if the squad hasn't picked a side yet (with 3 seconds left) leave. 

Honestly this is a very bad choice, I could just jump between the two options indefinitely until you either quit warframe or I get bored. You would have to add a number of times the choice can be made, like let's say 5. That way, you could always get in-out of it, and people who troll could only do so much, once they run out of their 5 tries, they are either in (and you can proceed) or out (and you can get out too, since you haven't spent the remaining 4) for 5 seconds, at that point, they couldn't just swap because they are out of choices. I can, still, see it being used for stalling for time, waiting for it to say 1 second and switching for example, with up to 3 players trolling it could waste a minute that while it's not that much, would bother.

Also OP, please tell me why one player would doom your cell, was that last member carrying your party? And/or was it a specific high level mission/sortie/alert/nightmare?

you cant report somone from extratcing from a mission this will happen to anyone no matter what some people are just like that to avoid this always stay on the middle screen observe your squad then select the option to continue reporting a player for not doing anything will just be a waste of time

3 minutes ago, GDSK-NXS said:

You put your trust on them it's your problem, that's basically DE's policy on everything that isn't cheating with programs or being actually mean, verbally abussive or hurtful. Even if you get scammed you have information always waiting for you to look it up. I have been playing defense missions with my mouse button hanging over the extract button every 5 waves (regardless of my choice) just because trolling is a thing in videogames, a fact that has been aknowledged and will probably never disappear for as long as someone gets a laugh at it.

Honestly this is a very bad choice, I could just jump between the two options indefinitely until you either quit warframe or I get bored. You would have to add a number of times the choice can be made, like let's say 5. That way, you could always get in-out of it, and people who troll could only do so much, once they run out of their 5 tries, they are either in (and you can proceed) or out (and you can get out too, since you haven't spent the remaining 4) for 5 seconds, at that point, they couldn't just swap because they are out of choices. I can, still, see it being used for stalling for time, waiting for it to say 1 second and switching for example, with up to 3 players trolling it could waste a minute that while it's not that much, would bother.

Also OP, please tell me why one player would doom your cell, was that last member carrying your party? And/or was it a specific high level mission/sortie/alert/nightmare?

One guy chose to leave at the beginning of the vote,which,if we hadn't thought we would still have three members to run the mission with,would have convinced us to leave. That is why one player doomed our cell;because we thought we would have enough players to run it,but he left at the last minute. After he left we only had an Oberon and a Nova with barely any energy due to how many power draining enemies were spawning.

5 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

One guy chose to leave at the beginning of the vote,which,if we hadn't thought we would still have three members to run the mission with,would have convinced us to leave. That is why one player doomed our cell;because we thought we would have enough players to run it,but he left at the last minute. After he left we only had an Oberon and a Nova with barely any energy due to how many power draining enemies were spawning.

if you 3 were so dependent on him iam sorry but i think you guys were leeching of him because when you go akkad always take one damage dealing weapon dont go with all lvl 0 stuff and expect someone to carry you :v

Edited by ShadowStalker

33 minutes ago, ShadowStalker said:

if you 3 were so dependent on him iam sorry but i think you guys were leeching of him because when you go akkad always take one damage dealing weapon dont go with all lvl 0 stuff and expect someone to carry you :v

I never said he was carrying.He was actually the only one in our squad using a rank 0 Warframe. As I said before,the main reason we were failing was because of how many energy draining enemies were spawning. Even with a low rank Warframe,his abilities would have been helpful.

Edited by DSkycroft

That situation can't be reported, it's a player choice when to leave and even at the last second that choice remains valid.

You can however add him to your ignore list and unlike someone said, it will not avoid being matched with him, from time to time i am matched with ignored players.

Again ignoring him is a personal decision, but atleast you'll know in the future if you can count with said player or not.

1 hour ago, GDSK-NXS said:

I meant it as a one time thing, just to eliminate the trap feeling and alert you of a troll. I don't agree with the lock thing. God knows how many times I accidentally push square to re-load as the screen pops up, that always makes people panic thinking I'm leaving after 5 waves.

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

2 hours ago, DSkycroft said:

After he left we only had an Oberon and a Nova with barely any energy due to how many power draining enemies were spawning.

My dude I'm sorry to say this but you should REALLY consider getting restores, like for real, that shouldn't be a problem for anyone to get, the blueprints are in the market, in the dojo, in the syndicates, also you should consider using specters, like, any specter is fine, they adjust to the current level of the mission more or less (ran the level 70 survival for the catalyst on my secondary account and I'm pretty sure my phase specter did a lot more damage than me).

Also, don't push yourself on pubs, that's a bad idea. Or do like the dude said and keep the mouse over the extract button, like I do.

Also leeching on Akkad is likely the reason he left, I mean, I don't care getting people there if I'm in the mood, but having random people join like, with the intent of leeching? I would likely do the same as that dude :v (don't take it personal, I don't know if you were leeching, but in case you were, that's pretty much the way I see it).

54 minutes ago, GDSK-NXS said:

My dude I'm sorry to say this but you should REALLY consider getting restores, like for real, that shouldn't be a problem for anyone to get, the blueprints are in the market, in the dojo, in the syndicates, also you should consider using specters, like, any specter is fine, they adjust to the current level of the mission more or less (ran the level 70 survival for the catalyst on my secondary account and I'm pretty sure my phase specter did a lot more damage than me).

Also, don't push yourself on pubs, that's a bad idea. Or do like the dude said and keep the mouse over the extract button, like I do.

Also leeching on Akkad is likely the reason he left, I mean, I don't care getting people there if I'm in the mood, but having random people join like, with the intent of leeching? I would likely do the same as that dude :v (don't take it personal, I don't know if you were leeching, but in case you were, that's pretty much the way I see it).

As I said above,we weren't leeching. He was running a level one Warframe,and we were both using level 30 Warframes. It would be pretty hard for US to leech off HIM.

3 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

As I said above,we weren't leeching. He was running a level one Warframe,and we were both using level 30 Warframes. It would be pretty hard for US to leech off HIM.

sorry the comment wasn't there when I wrote that, however, having trouble at wave 10 is still pretty weird. I hope at least every other part of my comment was helpful regarding the use of gear

5 hours ago, Xardis said:

This sounds like a terrible idea. If you don't have people who make a last second decision, then you have people who troll in chat, saying "Stay" but click leave. And guess what? The people who did actually click stay can't even change their minds. 

Then, there are also people who won't communicate at all, leaving everyone to just click leave in the off chance that the silent person would have ditched. This already happens in the current system though, when no one chooses an option in the first few seconds, everyone just eventually votes to leave.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Good one. It is so childish to do that. When Im on a pug squad I try to do my best to help the team, not to .... them.