Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.2.3

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, Arthera said:

The catabombing was bullS#&$. the freeze build is great though. I use 2 playstyles: 1 I claim an area for myself and only melee can be used here. 2 freeze cata surge close cata. this way people can still use guns and ill clean up the frozen guys. somehow with those ways people will whine about it and always will.

enemies affected by surge aftereffect (surged enemies killed banishing other enemies) stayed in rift, which only hit-able with skills, but not weapon. so ofc weapon dependant players hates u.

Just now, Xsoskeleton said:

just tell your friend to roll out of banish/rift walk if they accidentally caught by it lmao. U can, and has always been able to, roll out of banihsment.

yeah being banished is not a problem at all. people are rolling all over the place anyway.

enemies affected by surge aftereffect (surged enemies killed banishing other enemies) stayed in rift, which only hit-able with skills, but not weapon. so ofc weapon dependant players hates u.

i just told you that... i will be killing those that are left behind while the gun freaks can shoot the rest. i am not banashing the whole map.

I agreed that Limbos bombing ability needed to go but... That was really the only way to use him. What's the point in trying to use Stasis in a party when all my team needs to do is fire 300 projectiles to deactivate it? Can we at least get a buff for his Stasis to remove cap or remove the projectile freezing? As it stands right now, all I'm really using him for is rift walk to revive allies, like back in the old days, but now he's even worse since I can't easily banish a defense or rescue target.

Also, can we get some changes to the rift mechanic overall? I find it rather stupid that a Limbo can affect MY rift with HIS Stasis, but I can't shoot from MY rift into HIS rift. Just, make it so Limbos can't affect each others rifts at all or Limbos can completely interact with each others rifts, not some middle ground.

To DE:

Lot of things need to be done to make Chromas Vex OP:power,strength,duration and efficiency.They all matter in this build.Max power strength build is next to pointless and you need to sacrifice some of power strength  to make it actually usable in game.On top of that vex armor maximum is reached by taking dmg(100 health and 400shields).Lot of people don't know that or don't bother using so needy ability.

Have that in mind when considering nerfing Vex.

True Chroma fan.

Just now, Arthera said:

i just told you that... i will be killing those that are left behind while the gun freaks can shoot the rest. i am not banashing the whole map.

I know, but its like, the current rift surge is to reserve enemies for limbo to kill, like what kind of advantage it made except reducng attack from outside the rift pane. i still fail to understand how limvo's surge works now. Old surge is easier for me to understand, also easier to use.

I know, but its like, the current rift surge is to reserve enemies for limbo to kill, like what kind of advantage it made except reducng attack from outside the rift pane. i still fail to understand how limvo's surge works now. Old surge is easier for me to understand, also easier to use.

using it for just that isnt that great but you ise it with rift torrent augment

10 minutes ago, Musiskey said:

I've been only playing limbo for a day now (Which makes this nerf quite coincidental). So I clearly don't master him yet, but I'm darn trying to. 

The problem I've got with that nerf is that Cataclysm is the only limbo Skill that allowed me to bring enemies into the rift without having my mates accidentally brought there with them. It happened so many times that a mate like a charging Rhino just jumped into the range of my 1 and got into the void for like 20 seconds, not able to do anything. Now 4 almost doesn't do damage at max range (which is, of course, the only range of this skill I really liked), I clearly have a hard time figuring out how I'm gonna play now, it's a shame, I really like Limbo. 

If anyone's got at least a good advice, I'll take it.

Stasis, Cataclysm, and go to town with melee if need be. There's really no excuse for anyone to not be running some "good melee" weapon. The CataStasis combo is phenomenal for mobile defenses or anything of the sort, including my most favorite application for him now: Kuva farming. There's a special little surprise you'll find in that situation with that pairing. I won't specify what, because every time someone yaps their trap about something great, bad things happen.

Outside of holding an area down, you'll want to play as an opportunistic assassin picking off high priority threats, like sliding into nullifier bubbles to kill them and slink back into the Rift before enemies can react, or scooping up a crowd with Banish/Stasis. While I like radar in all my builds, I find it especially valuable to competently Limboing to know when you can, and when you shouldn't be popping out of the Rift to mess with stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Arthera said:

The catabombing was bullS#&$. the freeze build is great though. I use 2 playstyles: 1 I claim an area for myself and only melee can be used here. 2 freeze cata surge close cata. this way people can still use guns and ill clean up the frozen guys. somehow with those ways people will whine about it and always will.

I will admit that yes the catabomb was quite strong, but if they made it the way they did where it must collapse on its own to do more dmg, but kept the same algorithm for total hp+ shield that only does around 2% of each enemies total hp instead of the old 10%, i could see it possibly being useful, with a negative duration based build that lasts only a few seconds, but beyond that, people hate stasis, so ofc here is an idea, freeze the enemies but not friendly bullets, problem solved, then people would find him useful similarly to how our bard frame works, 200% power strength yields 400% more dmg within a massive area, coupled with the invis you can get with her 3 it basically made her nigh invuln under most circumstances ie: (NOT a stray bombard rocket, shield osprey explosive or infested osprey gas cloud or tar mutalist moa tar pit).

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Trading Platinum while having free Platinum will now display a tip that free Platinum cannot be traded.

I remember a time where I had 1000 platinum + the free platinum that was included. I bought over 500 platinum worth of items from the store, and still couldn't trade because I had free platinum remaining. Pls fix?

1 minute ago, MrDaylight said:

So Nyx and Limbo nerfs. Nerf frame strikes again. Can't wait for the Oberon rework to get nerfed instantly, too.

now now lets not be too hasty. i mean it may happen if its somehow too good, but i doubt it.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Limbo Changes:

• Cataclysm now deals different amount of damage over the time it exists: 25% Damage when bubble is full size, 100% at its smallest size.
  • Cataclysm damage scaling now uses average Health + Shield instead of total Health + Shield of enemies within.

The first change alone would have been perfect. But that second bit just hurts the crap out of Cataclysm's damage, despite it no longer being necessary in the first place.

I really hope this "average Health + Shield" isn't divided by 10 like the old "total Health + Shield" was. Because if it is, then holy crap, the ability might as well just not do damage any more.

Edited by SortaRandom

44 minutes ago, MrDaylight said:

So Nyx and Limbo nerfs. Nerf frame strikes again. Can't wait for the Oberon rework to get nerfed instantly, too.

Limbo, I can see. Where's the Nyx nerf? For me, removal of Friendly fire in Assimilate is massive plus.