Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to look up other peoples account stuff? And do you think that creepy?

Zebiko

Someone on the forum, (you can check my forum history) looked up my account information somehow and used that to argue a point, mainly trying to guess my play style by weapon usage. 

How did they do that, especially when I haven't been in game recently?

And does anyone else think that is super creepy and stalkerish?

/profile <username>
The forums share the same username you have in-game, if I'm right.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's creepy/stalker-ish, I look at other players profiles too to kinda get an idea of what kind of player they are, but never for any malicious attempts to "argue a point" or anything of the like.

Edited by Trowicia

1 minute ago, Trowicia said:

/profile <username>

I wouldn't necessarily say it's creepy/stalker-ish, I look at other players profiles too to kinda get an idea of what kind of player they are, but never for any malicious attempts to "argue a point" or anything of the like.

oh i didnt know this was a thing. my method involved adding them and right clicking their name in the "pending" tab of the friends list and clicking profile then unadding them when i was done looking.

your way is much easier.

9 minutes ago, Trowicia said:

/profile <username>

Thanks is time for me to stalk:D

15 minutes ago, Warfoxzero said:

No, checking other people's profiles isn't creepy or stalkerish.

There are legitimate reasons to check other people's profiles:

• Checking if a player alias is available or in use by an inactive account
  • Checking if a player meets clan requirements (i.e. required MR or hours played) to join
  • Checking to see if a player has adequate experience regarding what they're taking about (i.e. players still in Recruit Conditioning posting in Conclave Feedback)
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ShadowStalker said:

/profile "username"

OMG SOMEONE IS TRYING TO HUNT ME DOWN HELP :p

Spoiler

I called for the rescue!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

... ... ...

Spoiler

Trump-to-the-Rescue.jpg

Spoiler

Did I do right?

8 hours ago, Warfoxzero said:

Actually want to have different forum name from ign. Stuff like that disturbs me, I wouldn't do that to others.

No dont want more people saying stuff about frames and weapons they dont even use/own and asking for nerfs

:)

Edited by ShadowStalker

The "creepiness" really depends upon one's intentions, I suppose.  I like to look at other players' profiles because I'm a little competitive. 

Hopefully nobody views my profile to see my most-used weapon. 

Spoiler

I wouldn't want anyone to know that I'm a Tonkor main.  Usage is at 60%....  I'M PATHETIC, I KNOW!!! 

Edited by (XB1)GeckoGenesis

It's not like they'll see some weird/private sh1t on your profile for it to be creepy. It's really just like any other games, this isn't the social media lmao. I check profiles for certain reasons:

-Check mastery rank

-Check experiences and stats

I usually do this when in trade chat so I can rip-off low level dudes. Practical.

I've looked up profiles before.  The intent wasn't to be creepy, mainly I was curious about how they do fashionframe or to check something.

There have been times I've checked someone's in game profile because of something they post on the forums.  Like someone with a forum activation date of last week, claiming thousands of hrs of in game time, makes me a little suspicious.

I know forum activation dates do not correlate to account acitvation, but...I still get suspicious.

However, looking up someone's profile in an attempt to guess their play style? Uh, no.  My profile still has Mag, Soma and Carrier as my most played last I checked.

I can see how it would come across as creepy though.  

32 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I've looked up profiles before.  The intent wasn't to be creepy, mainly I was curious about how they do fashionframe or to check something.

This is also me lol I love to see other players' fashionable warframes

Edited by Trowicia

12 hours ago, Warfoxzero said:

Someone on the forum, (you can check my forum history) looked up my account information somehow and used that to argue a point, mainly trying to guess my play style by weapon usage. 

How did they do that, especially when I haven't been in game recently?

I don't think there is anything wrong with looking up someone's profile, but I consider dragging their profile into an argument to try to prove a point, to be an extremely scummy thing to do. 

I mean, the profile is public sort of, although personally I think we should have an option to make them more private than they are, but it is still an extremely rude move to go dragging someone's profile to prove a point. 

Besides which, it might not even be accurate anyways. Say someone goes to someone's profile and looks up some raw stats in order to prove a point about them in some argument, not only is that making the argument extremely personal, which is never a good direction to go, but further, you are taking raw stats out of context, that might tell a different story if the player got a chance to explain themselves. 

So yeah dragging someone's profile into an argument is a pretty awful move, might as well be a personal attack.