Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Octavia the New Master Race?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

She gives a strong AoE damage buff, too. She can easily get 400% increased damage from her 4th ability. It's like having a Mirage Eclipse damage buff for the entire squad.

This isn't even factoring in the potential damage buffs from Metronome

2 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

She gives a strong AoE damage buff, too. She can easily get 400% increased damage from her 4th ability. It's like having a Mirage Eclipse damage buff for the entire squad.

This isn't even factoring in the potential damage buffs from Metronome

about 750% problem is she was squshy..on high lvl  1 balista will 1 shot her

1 minute ago, ashrah said:

about 750% problem is she was squshy..on high lvl  1 balista will 1 shot her

Well ballistaes can one shot a lot of caster frames at high lvl... If you literally don't move. 

13 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

jack of all trades, master of none. 

This. 

Yes, she can deal lots of damage. Yes, she can CC. Yes, she can buff. Yes, she can go invisible. But, while she can do all of these, she doesn't excel in any. There are warframes that can do more damage than her, that can CC way better, that can buff their teammates without forcing them to stay in a certain area, and that can go invisible at will without the gimmick. 

She's good, but balanced. 

She can deal lots of damage and provide insane control but not both at the same time, with the way Resonator and Mallet are designed.

But she's insane in terms of control and insane in terms of damage, alternately.

Pretty godlike buffer frame, though

She's good, but it's only fresh. She's balanced, I don't think they made any changes(other than bug fixes) and she's not used everywhere. While she does all, she doesn't have much range compared to other frames and has to remain somewhat stationary.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Isn't Loki squishy ...? 

Squishy? Yes. But only when they are able to see you and he is more reliable with staying hidden than Octavia is. Even those few seconds of difference is often the difference between life and death on higher difficulties.

25 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Squishy? Yes. But only when they are able to see you and he is more reliable with staying hidden than Octavia is. Even those few seconds of difference is often the difference between life and death on higher difficulties.

Octavia's invis is recastable so what seconds 

Yes, Octavia is the new master race (with forma). The invisibility has a higher base duration than Loki's invisibility, and can be refreshed throughout the duration. With a minimum amount of effort you can stay constantly invisible. Mallet scales infinitely and can take down nullifiers. If you need to boost the range of your mallet, it is simple to throw down an amp alongside. The passive energy regeneration (30 energy) after each ability cast keeps energy from ever really becoming a problem.

The main things you have to remember are: (1) don't stand between an enemy and your mallet, (2) don't use resonator often because it keeps melee units from hitting your mallet and increases chances of situation (1),and (3) don't forget to crouch occasionally.

A good build may take between 2 and 4 forma.

Octavia does not completely replace Loki though; Loki still has the advantage of hushed weapons with Hushed Invisibility if you need to stay silent, and the ability to disarm.

If you want to have fun, use Loki and Octavia together to disarm enemies and send them to the heart of the mallet.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I'm confused on what's she's bad at , literally can do anything . Dmg? No problem , CC ? Ha , Stealth? I been invisible since the mission started . 

What are her downsides , I feel like she blows every other frame out of the Hydriod (water) lol

Nope. She is gimmicky, annoying as hell, too squishy...list goes on and on. I am happy you like her, but she is waaaaaaaay away from the meta.

21 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Octavia's invis is recastable so what seconds 

Yes but in addition of recasting, you have to then crouch at the right time. Now this isn't too hard to do, but it is additional few seconds to become invisible, something which you often can not afford in higher levels. Of course one benefit Octavia has is her other CC which can buy time if you are lucky, but because the way her CC works, it may not be as reliable utility at high intensity situations.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

24 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Yes but in addition of recasting, you have to then crouch at the right time. Now this isn't too hard to do, but it is additional few seconds to become invisible, something which you often can not afford in higher levels. Of course one benefit Octavia has is her other CC which can buy time if you are lucky, but because the way her CC works, it may not be as reliable utility at high intensity situations.

my song set up only requires that i crouch twice, i even activate it when i dont mean to