Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.3.1

[DE]Megan

6 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Yea, it doesn't fall off, but outside of mods like Armored Agility or when using frames with already substantial armor like Valkyr or Inaros modding for it isn't really a necessity. I wish DE would buff every frames armor value to a more useful value

What's interesting is that most frames actually can't effectively mod for armor, because, as you say, they have very little base armor to be multiplied. Oberon himself is on the lower end of the viable range for armor modding. He gains almost as much durability from Redirection as Steel Fiber (after Vitality). Even ice Chroma grants a percent armor buff. Flat armor bonuses like Iron Renewal are actually very rare. You would think people might appreciate it. Oh, well.

17 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Renewal:

Oberon’s ability to keep himself and his teammates alive is a large part of his overall role. Feedback brought forth further tweaks with the intention to solidify this role. 

• Removed Heal Time from Renewal. Renewal now functions more conventionally as a toggle which drains 2 Energy per second while active + 3 Energy per second per target actively being healed. *Please note that Trinity's Energy Vampire will not give Oberon Energy while Renewal is active.

This +3 energy per second per target (fixed, nt affected by mods) being healed kinda defeats the purpose of having Renewal on for healing, but only for slowing down a 'bleedout'.

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.3.1

Oberon Changes & Fixes:

Smite:

As a part of this revisit, Smite has remained largely the same in execution but different in stats. After a review yesterday's deployment, we are further tweaking stats to have better initial impact and scaling. 

• Increased Smite's projectile damage from 20% of the target's max Health + Shield to 35%.
  • Added base damage to Smite and its projectiles. With the damage of Smite scaled into its projectiles, this will give Smite more punch when facing lower level enemies.

Renewal:

Oberon’s ability to keep himself and his teammates alive is a large part of his overall role. Feedback brought forth further tweaks with the intention to solidify this role. 

• Removed Heal Time from Renewal. Renewal now functions more conventionally as a toggle which drains 2 Energy per second while active + 3 Energy per second per target actively being healed. *Please note that Trinity's Energy Vampire will not give Oberon Energy while Renewal is active.
  • Added the "is active" ability icon animation to Renewal.
  • Fixed Renewal bleedout buff being removed when entering bleedout.

*We are aware of a UI bug where the Arsenal stats for Renewal show that Energy per target is not affected by Efficiency/Duration Mods. A fix will come at a later date- we wanted to get this out ASAP! 

Hallowed Ground:

• Fixed Hallowed Ground being impossible to see with low particle quality setting. *Please note we are still working on Hallowed Ground FX improvements overall.
  • Fixed a script error with Hallowed Eruption Augment upon deactivating while another Oberon has Hallowed Ground active, resulting in the FX to remain forever.
  • Fixed Hallowed Ground & Hallowed Eruption Augment not hurting ragdolled enemies.

Broberon seems like DE's illegitimate child, ya know.. the one who always gets the short end of the stick. The one who always stares at the rest of his siblings as they get ice cream while he doesn't.

Psst.. Hey there! He still sucks!

9 hours ago, KrypTic. said:

it's a visual bug as of now when using efficiency. continue reading the post to see so.

The person you quoted said nothing about efficiency. And, the drain at base for his Renewal is actually insanely high, as the person pointed out. If they're going to leave it like that, they need to at least also allow Oberon to still benefit from energy restoration methods apart from orbs (trinity, team restores, etc.)

@DE, summary of this thread's feedback seems to be:

• Generally speaking, we like that Renewal is mechanically toggleable.
  • This update made Oberon's already terribad energy problems tremendously worse.
  • Hallowed Ground desperately needs an AoE shape or mechanics that actually makes sense for the synergy you're trying to push.
  • Oberon needs stats that actually reflect the paladin character he's supoposed to be. More health, more armor, and at least a bit more max energy.
  • Oberon needs a passive that actually makes sense for him.
Edited by Alusdrann

Why is everyone freaking out over Renewal? Energy cost? First of all, please note that the ability window doesn't show the actual numbers, the drain IS affected by duration and efficiency. 

I was running Oberon at 88% duration, 170% efficiency, Rage and Primed Flow, and I NEVER ran out of energy. I was even casting his other abilities while Renewal was active and not running out. 

As for the rest of his abilities? Hollowed Ground is still bad, Smite and Reckoning still don't scale into late game, and his passive is still bad. Renewal is Oberon's new bread and butter, with his other abilities being nothing but minor CC. 

18 minutes ago, malekas said:

Why is everyone freaking out over Renewal? Energy cost? First of all, please note that the ability window doesn't show the actual numbers, the drain IS affected by duration and efficiency. 

I was running Oberon at 88% duration, 170% efficiency, Rage and Primed Flow, and I NEVER ran out of energy. I was even casting his other abilities while Renewal was active and not running out. 

As for the rest of his abilities? Hollowed Ground is still bad, Smite and Reckoning still don't scale into late game, and his passive is still bad. Renewal is Oberon's new bread and butter, with his other abilities being nothing but minor CC. 

Oberon is functionally intended to be a jack-of-all-trades, so he's supposed to be able to use all of his abilities to some degree. This was at least somewhat doable prior to this most recent update, despite the energy issues he has, by modding for range to get more coverage from HG for the synergistic abilities. After the Renewal change, Renewal is now prohibitively expensive with a balanced setup, so you're forced to overspecialize a frame that isn't meant to be overspecialized.

Edited by Alusdrann

While not related per se to the new hot fixes and updates, this is something that should be looked into.  Why can't players sell these things for credits?  Seems to me like they're locked for some arbitrary reason:

s8jHOzN.jpg

I understand that it's the same as beating Stalker, but I would think both Sigils (Stalker and Grustrag Three) should be as sellable as Boss Sigils on the planets.  

xPJO9JN.jpg

Are you planning on using Javlok Capacitors in the future that's why they're not sellable?  Because I already have a Javlok and while I like it, I see no reason to collecting Capacitors unless you're proposing another weapon to use them.  

Oh and I've completed the Limbo Theorem, why are these locked like the old nav coordinates for planets in the Origin System from Star Map 2.0?  

You could also add Kavat Genetic Code to the sellable for credits.  I know I'm on the fence for the DNA Code I've collected, I would like to propose something now that you've added the old Helminth Charger Skin for "nostalgia" sake.  How 'bout including skins for the Feral Kavat as mentioned in this thread here?  While I like the thought that the current pair of Kavats looking like some sort of psychotic Siamese Cat; as a long-time cat owner, I would prefer something more sleek and more deadly looking than a prissy Siamese.  Especially considering I'm the current owner of a Burmese Mix

And now onto the bugs...

This seems to be happening on the Corpus Winter Tile Set at the bottom of the ravine where between two building and connected by a gantry (Confirmed to be happening on Venus).  Seems to give it a more threadbare look and sort of breaks the immersion for the game when looking for loot at the bottom of it.  

Vtp5uzQ.jpg

More to report later on.  

47 minutes ago, Alusdrann said:

Oberon is functionally intended to be a jack-of-all-trades, so he's supposed to be able to use all of his abilities to some degree. This was at least somewhat doable prior to this most recent update, despite the energy issues he has, by modding for range to get more coverage from HG for the synergistic abilities. After the Renewal change, Renewal is now prohibitively expensive with a balanced setup, so you're forced to overspecialize a frame that isn't meant to be overspecialized.

Balanced setup meaning what? Efficiency at 100%, 130%, 175%.

I'm not claiming his kit is good, far from it. Renewal is the only ability worth building for. I was just saying that people claiming the energy drain on Renewal is bad need to build for some efficiency/duration and try again.

5 hours ago, Alusdrann said:

Sure, at the cost of even more energy than he already spends.

Not to mention that's actually impossible with the HG augment mod.

Hmmm interesting. Yes it may cost a negligiable bit more energy to use. However I did have the HG mod equipped and was able to double cast.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

1 hour ago, malekas said:

Balanced setup meaning what? Efficiency at 100%, 130%, 175%.

I'm not claiming his kit is good, far from it. Renewal is the only ability worth building for. I was just saying that people claiming the energy drain on Renewal is bad need to build for some efficiency/duration and try again.

Balanced meaning nothing gets tanked, which isn't easy because you have to deal with nightmare mods to get the HG angle to 360. My Oberon is currently sitting at around 130% efficiency, and that's nowhere near enough to support his intended skill usage. Zenurik is the only way to make it possible on a relatively consistent basis, which of course isn't available when channeling Regen or being drained by an Eximus. That's of course excluding team restores, which should never be required for basic frame functionality.

41 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Hmmm interesting. Yes it may cost a negligiable bit more energy to use. However I did have the HG mod equipped and was able to double cast.

If you could have two instances of Hallowed Ground active with Hallowed Eruption installed, then that's a bug, as the mod explicitly says it destroys the old instance when a new one is recast. Meaning, you can only ever have one active.

"Negligible"
Boy, I don't know what makes you think 50 extra energy base is negligible when Oberon only has 150 energy base. That means they expect you to spend 100 energy on that and somehow have enough to use his synergy skills as well, before hallowed ground expires, for a mediocre result. 33% of your max energy pool is by no means negligible.

Edited by Alusdrann

2 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

DE_Scott: As of Dev Stream
'Give them an inch and they want a mile,' and 'We're giving it a weekend to simmer before responding.'

So basically the cynical bits of me are screaming they want the sound and noise to die down wit ha faint promise maybe sometime in the future they'll look at it and then just never bother because it's ll died down to a collective 'eh oberon always sucked.'

I do find it amusing they did acknowledge the thought I put out that the rework is so conservitive because they're already working on the cinimtic. I'm fairly sure others have said this but I figure 'oh hey I said a thing that got mentioned on dev stream. I am amused.'

Then, DE_Scott would be wrong. We're annoyed that not only have they not improved Oberon's core problems to any significant extent, they actually managed to add new problems.

7 minutes ago, Alusdrann said:

Balanced meaning nothing gets tanked, which isn't easy because you have to deal with nightmare mods to get the HG angle to 360. My Oberon is currently sitting at around 130% efficiency, and that's nowhere near enough to support his intended skill usage. Zenurik is the only way to make it possible on a relatively consistent basis, which of course isn't available when channeling Regen or being drained by an Eximus. That's of course excluding team restores, which should never be required for basic frame functionality.

If you could have two instances of Hallowed Ground active with Hallowed Eruption installed, then that's a bug, as the mod explicitly says it destroys the old instance when a new one is recast. Meaning, you can only ever have one active.

"Negligible"
Boy, I don't know what makes you think 50 extra energy base is negligible when Oberon only has 150 energy base. That means they expect you to spend 100 energy on that and somehow have enough to use his synergy skills as well, before hallowed ground expires, for a mediocre result. 33% of your max energy pool is by no means negligible.

Ahh. My bad, I had Hallowed Reckoning on. As for the 50 extra, yes, I know not everyone has Primed Flow and all of the passives open on Zenurick. That to me makes it negligible. That said, I do agree that Oberon definately needs a boost to base energy pool. He could use a kit energy respawn buff similar to Nidus and or Limbo. He needs an armour buff, and a better cost per ability usage buff. Given how his abilities work now, DE does need to look at Oberon's energy consumption.

Just now, CuChulainnWD said:

Ahh. My bad, I had Hallowed Reckoning on. As for the 50 extra, yes, I know not everyone has Primed Flow and all of the passives open on Zenurick. That to me makes it negligible. That said, I do agree that Oberon definately needs a boost to base energy pool. He could use a kit energy respawn buff similar to Nidus and or Limbo. He needs an armour buff, and a better cost per ability usage buff. Given how his abilities work now, DE does need to look at Oberon's energy consumption.

You should never need Primed Flow and Zenurik passives for a warframe's basic functionality to be usable, period.

You should never need Primed Flow and Zenurik passives for a warframe's basic functionality to be usable, period.

Agreed, but it is a work around. I was also running relatively high strength and duration, getting 31 seconds out of my HG giving the Zenurick and orb drops ample time to recover my 425 energy pool.

Let's keep in mind many frames have their short comings and the mods are there to work around some or all of said short comings. I am not going to get my knickers in a twist over Oberon's current status however. DE is reworking him. They have stated that they are taking into account our concerns. I will add my voice to said suggestions to make him better. I will reserve severe critisim over Oberon's rework, good or bad, when DE gives us their final product and there is no forthcoming rework to the rework in sight. As in, Oberon is still not the frame we expected and DE washes their hands of him and moves on.

15 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Agreed, but it is a work around. I was also running relatively high strength and duration, getting 31 seconds out of my HG giving the Zenurick and orb drops ample time to recover my 425 energy pool.

Let's keep in mind many frames have their short comings and the mods are there to work around some or all of said short comings. I am not going to get my knickers in a twist over Oberon's current status however. DE is reworking him. They have stated that they are taking into account our concerns. I will add my voice to said suggestions to make him better. I will reserve severe critisim over Oberon's rework, good or bad, when DE gives us their final product and there is no forthcoming rework to the rework in sight. As in, Oberon is still not the frame we expected and DE washes their hands of him and moves on.

Many frames have their shortcomings, yes. Oberon's energy problems are not a shortcoming. They are an outright crippling design flaw that has to be addressed to make him even remotely worth using.

That latter part is the concern. I only actually voiced objection to what they were doing because, unless I missed one, this is their third change to Oberon and they still clearly don't understand his major problems. After the recent initial revisit, Renewal was literally the only part of him that was OKish, and that's what they ended up focusing on for the follow-up fix instead of his actual glaring problems, and ended up making his newly biggest issue even worse in the process. And now, as of the dev stream, it's apparent that they're just as likely to call him done, as he continues to fail to become relevant.

I had high hopes after they did so well with the Limbo rework (barring their erratic decisions with certain projectiles and Stasis, as well as a few fiddly bits with how his 1 and 3 function), but now I'm becoming convinced that with Oberon they really have no idea what they're doing.

Edited by Alusdrann

Don't lose hope yet. Oberon Prime is still a month or two off. I think DE has learned their lesson via Limbo. They do want our feed back, so let us all continue to give it to them. We can break out the pitch forks and torches after DE has given Oberon his final pass and is crap. If he is not, then DE did us a solid. I will reserve my judgement on that when he is all said and done.

Personally, I think DE wants to get Oberon done right. They are making a lot of small changes, and bringing him up incrementally. Let's give DE a chance and the benefit of doubt. We all know WF, fix one thing, and break 3 others. At least DE trys to fix the game. Some things not as quickly as others, but they do get around to it. That is more than can be said for many pay to win games. Remeber WF is free to play. IMHO the best free to play game around.

Let us continue to give DE the feed back they asked for in a concise constructive manner. I recall Megan notified us of a quick hotfix over a hotfix just the other day. Maybe more will be pending today, maybe tomorrow.

Oberons bigger changes may take a little more time, like the graphics for HG, but they will be comming. I am sure there will be no end in complaining that his armour, energy pool, and passive are still not done right. Reworks are trial and error. DE is tryinging to get Oberon done right. Let's help them do that. 

Still no fix for Nyx Saikou helmet. Still oversized... still not playing until its fixed.

I have to ask, not playing WF or not playing Nyx? She does have other helmet options that can hold place until the fix is in for her. That sounds to me like you are cutting your nose off to spite your face.