Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

I do NOT approve of this visual work they added... i mean its disgusting, hiding important things below the visual.
Its leak of memory....

I want Minimalistic effects on ground (just enough to see it like a wave-water) effect "ripples" pulsing from the "drop location".
Rather then this... *COUGH* bad idea.

The current stuff i have been unable to see since the "Gras" is taking up to much visual

• Gas clouds
  • Lava
  • Holes,Cracks below
  • rolling grineer "balls"

... i could keep on going but please this is getting very annoying right now!

I agree they took into account to octavia's music. So lets just hold out hope that we get a patch in soon as a toggle on/off affect just for our deer/bull/moose frame, and I know their not intentionally making some people un-happy. 

Edited by (XB1)WoEyeOgre

I seriously do Hope they are actully giving us an option to enable/disable this visual "gras" effect.
- and by saying thus, i mean REALLY quickly.

If not... today is the last day i will ever touch my Oberon.
- And i will instant leave missions where that annoying frame will be in.
(even my other friends, as of now 17th atleast in warframe said the same).

A wide discussion is going on in teamspeak with Mountain clans and others i know.
- even they feel like DE has gone overboard with this without adding the option to hide it.

Look buddy. maybe try to lay off on the multi-posts will you? One post is enough, then add your extra thoughts to that or something.

First of all, it's called grass. Have no idea what "gras" is. Secondly, more options is always good, so I can't disagree. However, I believe the new changes are visually stunning and I have to commend DE on these improvements, I was pretty happy when I first saw them. If they're really that hard on your or your machine, maybe go to console? I'm sure most PC players are happy with this upgrade. If it does prove "too much" then I'm sure DE will be tweaking it accordingly, soon.

Good day.

Personally I think it would look better with a relatively small flower (at least on the prime) that uses the frames energy color.

Edit: I should add to keep on topic. For people that don't care for the effect, a option to disable it for themselves would fine. I didn't have the problem from Oberon's hallowed ground itself but the earth remaster takes a hit to frame drops every now and then. So performance issues related to it should all be looked at again.

Edited by ZodiacShinryu

From my personal point of view.

I dont want distracting flowers or such, I just simply want the Hallowed ground.
- Like it was before (Radiaction)... "Simplicity is always the best".

Thats what i grow up with and thats how i like it.
- For us who dont want to use it, Atleast give us an option to disable.

For the others who like it... well good for you.

37 minutes ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

Look buddy. maybe try to lay off on the multi-posts will you? One post is enough, then add your extra thoughts to that or something.

Multi-post? Hey listen i didnt, I added my ticket and i saw nothing about the issue i had on the forums.
- no point being rude and offensive here, Chill down abit.

1 hour ago, SevenSinsofHell said:

Multi-post? Hey listen i didnt, I added my ticket and i saw nothing about the issue i had on the forums.
- no point being rude and offensive here, Chill down abit.

hes refering to the fact that you psoted 3 times back to back on your post. Just edit your initial post if you ahve more information to add.

also I personally prefer the radiation grass before. Like I can get with were you are going with it being obtrusive but at least i can SEE the range of my ability now.

Not enough people seem to care....I think we may be stuck with this guys. 

I just don't see Oberon P. as a plant frame. There aren't any leaves or vines in his aesthetic. The effect looks too poison ivy-ish and not  enough "void power radiation field"-ish. The ferns could at least have been more other worldly and ethereal and 0.5x smaller.

I hope I get used to it quick. I will say, it's slightly cool to turn any tile into a bunch of shrubbery. I've been spamming it 360° just cause, recently.

Edited by Hypernaut1

6 hours ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

First of all, it's called grass. Have no idea what "gras" is. Secondly, more options is always good, so I can't disagree. However, I believe the new changes are visually stunning and I have to commend DE on these improvements, I was pretty happy when I first saw them. If they're really that hard on your or your machine, maybe go to console? I'm sure most PC players are happy with this upgrade. If it does prove "too much" then I'm sure DE will be tweaking it accordingly, soon.

Good day.

Dude, i play on a dinosaur with an AMD A2 and 8 gigs of RAM. It might nit look as good as the screenshot, but it doesnt bog anything down.

I like it. Makes Oberon seem more like the faun he is.

5 hours ago, SevenSinsofHell said:

From my personal point of view.

I dont want distracting flowers or such, I just simply want the Hallowed ground.
- Like it was before (Radiaction)... "Simplicity is always the best".

Thats what i grow up with and thats how i like it.
- For us who dont want to use it, Atleast give us an option to disable.

For the others who like it... well good for you.

Thanks man, it is pretty cool.

If they won't let us turn it off, how about decreasing the size of the ferns, as well as the density of their spawns? That or still reduce their density, but make the plants bigger so that they don't obstruct the view of the ground and change the glowing ground to a gas/spore effect.

I enjoyed the "cracked earth" effect, but now it looks cluttered with the ferns layered on top of it. Frankly I find myself hesitant to use Hallowed Ground now, because of how much it obstructs my view of what's going on around me.

Given how Oberon Prime looks, I would've expected him to sprout up little keeps. :P

Edited by Ryme

I personally like the plants, but an option to disable it certainly wouldn't hurt.

To be frank though, I thought your original post was a bit aggressive. It's not really your place to demand that DE fix something "in the comming max 4 hours." DE will look at the feedback and decide if they need to deliver a fix sometime in the future. You can also lay off the caps and spamming exclamation marks in future posts.

As for the memory leak, you would need some more evidence and well-done testing to prove something like that. Just because it's a flashy effect doesn't mean it causes memory leaks, and you also need testing on multiple machines to confirm that it's:

1. that particular effect causing the issue

and

2. not limited to the PC you are using to play warframe

1 hour ago, blueThunder24 said:

But Nidus also have a kind of grass effect on his ult so what's the problem?

If necessary I would rather tone it down a bit rather than removing.

An idea of a few power-colored flowers also sounds pretty good.

Nidus creates a new layer of terrain that everything else goes on top of. His grass is very thin so that you can peer through it. Oberon creates ferns with wide thick leaves that obscures everything under it. It would not be so bad if they turned them into thin wisps of "grass" like Nidus.

I love oberon also i main him i wasted tons of plat(traded plat which are hard to get if you dont have good stuff) on him, in my opinion it could be just toggle for just for the prime or feyarch skin just bring the old carpet effec pack you can see ya cover area before but the ability sucks before.