The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

The council that voted seems to be made up of nothing but brainless idiots that want to troll everyone else just because they're founders and have the right to vote. -_-

This type of challenge isn't fun and just annoying and time consuming in the worst way possible. 

you already get the gift of the lotus alert free the design council is an extra with more free catys and reactors so no real reason to complain the game needs more high lvl content. I agree it needs a lvl range though and list the restrictions before hand so unprepared people don't jump into it

1 hour ago, Husla said:

DE messed up big time, they should've told people. It was high level. Went into mission to see mr5-10s all with lv1-20 frames.

I assumed it would be high-level, since the last one was a level 70 grineer Survival. But if you didn't know about the last one, there's nothing in the game itself that warns you until you arrive in the mission. The one clue is the high credit reward, but otherwise...a catalyst blueprint is not that big of a reward.

Bottom line: the Design Council ought to lean HARD on DE in the future to work in their communication, or the Council will inevitably catch all the flak for some future stupid/poorly designed challenge. At the very least, y'all ought to get your stories straight on whose fault this is. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

45 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

It one-shotted your cryopod? Actually? That thing had like 80000 health in my mission. What happened, Tenno?

It either one shotted the pod or it *FELT* like it did, The group I was with DID insist fighting it behind the cryopod, which wasn't exactly the greatest idea.

The next group we just used EV a Sleep Equinox and slowly chipped away at it with Null Star, it actually worked and was suprisingly fun - Stupid strategies.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)ALF0NZ0_AL0NZ0 said:

And then at the end of the "Design Council Melee only" mission they drop an enemy that invulnerable to melee and can only be beaten if you have specific weapons and specifically unlocked abilities.

Was this intended to be funny or humorous? 

Are the design council devs or is this a reflection of the community trolling each other as a substitute for difficult content?

It's not amusing from a new players standpoint. I would have rather just been given a middle finger than waste time on a mission that was unbeatable unless all the planets were aligned and all the rivers turned to wine. 

Guess I'm going back to Destiny. What a disappointment.

This posts severely lacks knowledge. and you say you're going back to Destiny. You should contemplate what that says about Destiny. And while you're at it, consider why they're making a Destiny 2. 

Good luck.

You want to run super-hard alerts like these, DE?

Strip them of rewards.  Nothing but credits and affinity.  It's that simple.

Those who like them for their challenge can run them and if they can win, they can post screenshots for bragging rights; if that's really all they want when it comes to masochistic missions like this.

The rest of us who want to stay the hell away from unreasonably-difficult gimmick content like this can do so without missing out on one of the single most valuable items in the entire damn game.

It's like PvP.  Those of us who like it, can play it.  Those of us who don't, can safely ignore its existence since it doesn't affect us at all.

Edited by Arkvold

9 minutes ago, Zenviscerator said:

Well DE needs to keep the design council busy somehow. I mean, how would you feel if you spent 150 dollars for a garbage pistol and a starchart location name you never got?

$250 for Lato Prime you're referring to. $100 got you access to the council and Skana Prime. Also Console players got on the council too.

17 minutes ago, booty_hunter said:

DE asked us to give our feedback on this addition, so here are my thoughts. I think restricting content that new players need to higher level players, who you could argue dont need as much, doesnt make any sense to me. I mean the fact that it doesnt show a level range either makes it even worst. If this is a feature you guys really want to have, then I suggest the Gift of the Lotus alert be a bundle that contains both a Catalyst and Reactor while the Design Council challenge be a high level mission as it is now but includes only an Orokin Catalyst. And add a level range so new players know that content isnt meant for them. Off topic a bit, I want to add that I really liked the Conclave rewards. It gave people a reason to play it, which was the biggest problem it had. Do you guys plan on adding these rewards back to the game?

I prefer them being seperate because I don't need or want reactors and new players could use them way more than I ever could so it's better this way I think instead of a bundle.

And the challenge missions are fun, I'm Mr23 with four thousand hours in game, through over 4 years of play. I took Excalibur and went smoothly to the end and got surprised by Juggernaut. But making a level cap is unfair because maybe low levels are better than you think and up for the challenge, or have a cool friend to help them out with it.

Edited by Alcatraz

10 minutes ago, booty_hunter said:

DE asked us to give our feedback on this addition, so here are my thoughts. I think restricting content that new players need to higher level players, who you could argue dont need as much, doesnt make any sense to me. I mean the fact that it doesnt show a level range either makes it even worst. If this is a feature you guys really want to have, then I suggest the Gift of the Lotus alert be a bundle that contains both a Catalyst and Reactor while the Design Council challenge be a high level mission as it is now but includes only an Orokin Catalyst. And add a level range so new players know that content isnt meant for them. Off topic a bit, I want to add that I really liked the Conclave rewards. It gave people a reason to play it, which was the biggest problem it had. Do you guys plan on adding these rewards back to the game?

im sorry but what :S

this is meant to be for "Hardcore" people to try and earn something for alot more effort.

also restrict new players. WTH. you realize new players are perfectly capable of going this with starter frames right.

also the failure to display the level of the alert is a UI related issue. instead of adjusting the field where the text is inputted and have the cut of point return the text to a new line. it simply just runs on forever. something which DE still haven't fixed 

what specific Equipment? the same Equipment that we use everywhere else? which is just CC. of which we have a lot of types.

or, are you saying you've never fought a Juggernaut before and complaining that it's impossible to fight?
that's a good joke.

(unrelated, btw Bungie would tell you that Destiny is a hot mess and they're glad to make a new game because their own game is a disaster to work on)

I did that mission using Broken-War - A weapon you receieve for FREE from a quest, infact you can get EVERY weapon and EVERYTHING(save for the founders items, which they'd even AGREE aren't a huge upgrade over the starting varients themselves) for free with a little bit of time and effort.

But hey it must be Pay to win eh?

No, you can SEE that the levels were 100+ in the mission select, so why as a new player could you expect to do that? If you play Destiny like you say you do you know EXACTLY what i'm talking about since it's present in that game too, would you run into a level 100 area as a new character? Probably not.

Edited by Latiac

1 hour ago, Jangkrik said:

Define OP. The last time I checked, a fully forma'ed Braton can take down a juggernaut no problem.

It was a melee only mission.  Even if Juggernaut exposed it's belly, it was a challenge hitting his weakspot at the same time evading or tanking his toxin attacks and infested spawns.  I tried it the first time with Wukong... it was such a long ordeal since the damage I was doing to him was very small.

1 hour ago, JT_theoriginal said:

also CL doesn't work on him (for some reason)

Covert Lethality still works but it only deals massive damage... not insta-kill.  Fatal Teleport made it easier to deal more damage using any melee weapon.

It is possible to solo the mission with Ash, Fatal Teleport and Gas-Zenistar build.  I am sure there are other ways to do so, too.

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

1 hour ago, Jangkrik said:

Define OP. The last time I checked, a fully forma'ed Braton can take down a juggernaut no problem.

I had one with me. I wasn't allowed to use it, since it was melee only (surprise!), but I brought one. 

I tried it in a pug. None of our frames (even at level 30) had any abilities to deal damage at a level that would make this doable. We tried with our operators, but the jug just destroyed the cryopod instead. Mission fail, everyone go home, there's 20-30 minutes you're never getting back. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

Just now, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

It was a melee only mission.  Even if Juggernaut exposed it's belly... it was a challenge hitting his weakspot at the same time evading or tanking his toxin attacks and infested spawns.

Yeah, sorry about that as I hadn't done the mission (should've compared it to something like Broken War or other standard melees). Still calling anything remotely good as OP isn't the way to finish a discussion.

14 minutes ago, Latiac said:

It either one shotted the pod or it *FELT* like it did, The group I was with DID insist fighting it behind the cryopod, which wasn't exactly the greatest idea.

The next group we just used EV a Sleep Equinox and slowly chipped away at it with Null Star, it actually worked and was suprisingly fun - Stupid strategies.

random and strange synergies are the name of the game :D nice job

3 minutes ago, DiBBz said:

im sorry but what :S

this is meant to be for "Hardcore" people to try and earn something for alot more effort.

also restrict new players. WTH. you realize new players are perfectly capable of going this with starter frames right.

also the failure to display the level of the alert is a UI related issue. instead of adjusting the field where the text is inputted and have the cut of point return the text to a new line. it simply just runs on forever. something which DE still haven't fixed 

I kind of have certain doubts about the capacity of a new players to kill level 90 enemies when they have little knowledge of ancient healers, don't have as much mods as we higher level players do and have their energy completely drained by anything around.
That's only one example, but I've entered a Pug with three Mastery rank 6 and as soon I rushed to the laundry room to fix something, most of them had already lost all of their revive on a single round

But really if you say so, I'll believe you.