The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

Just now, Hanari said:

Hmm, I don't recall ever seeing that. I'd like to try the mission again to find out...but...I actually don't want to fight a bugged jugg for the third time...sorry XD.

Lol, you just read my mind. "I do not want to do this mission again, bc bugs. And Juggernaut. And bugs".

i had fun soloing this mission with my valkyr up untill the last wave when the juggernaut spawned clipped underneath the cryopod

eventually got it out of there but it just kept clipping in all kind of places

i did win but it took 3 revives

i like this kind of stuf and i hope that with all gift of the lotusses this kind of missions will appear for those who like to be challenged

It would be nice if he didn't spawn right on top of the pod and kill it in roughly three seconds. This happened twice. Once I managed to knock him off the side, but he spawned back in exactly the same place and finished obliterating the pod.

I don't mind challenges but I dislike having the game AI fail missions on my behalf.

The pug I was in had my Excal, a Valkyr Prime, an Oberon, and another Excal. And one of them brought a level 105 Clem along who managed to keep the Jugg off the pod, so that helped. We all had failed one before, so we all knew what to expect and came prepared. My first attempt we were all hilariously undergeared and failed miserably.

11 minutes ago, Gorila_Azul said:

It was a melee only alert. How did you manage to bring a Tigris Prime and an Akstiletto Prime?

I took them in but was forced full melee, had no choice but to use my melee.

DE has changed there no weapons allowed before entering a mission you don't have to un-equip your weapons, the game does it for you.

Finished it the first time, with no information about what I was up against. It felt good. Granted, it only worked because I was Limbo, and quite literally did not care about any of its attacks other than the gas clouds, so I was able to run around reviving everyone until we found ways to damage it. First, the turret and Ash's Shuriken. Then, the operator's void beam when our Trinity dropped out (or left, not sure which), and it just wasn't practical to keep using energy restores. Probably took half an hour, but I actually had fun. Oh, and our last was Rhino; he was on the turret.

So, anyone else have a good war story about beating it without building specifically for it?

wasnt that hard tbh
but I can understand frustration of newer players who dont have the gear or experience to do powerful enough builds and team compositions

that said I really think this challenge was aimed towards vets if nothing else
and hey atleast I had fun

I kept my entire squad healthy and kicking with new oberon and even finished juggie off :D

Managed to get it on the second try. I had Inaros, which helped a lot because of his health and armor, and the others had Oberon, Mesa and Chroma. Managed to kill the Juggernaut before he could kill us.

But I agree, not knowing that there's a Juggernaut at the end of the last wave can be frustrating.

On 29.4.2017 at 0:57 PM, DarkDoomguy said:

Only when I faced the Jug at lvl120 with melee only do I realise how absolutely poorly designed the enemy is. It doesn't help that he can one-shot you with a shotgun that was fired 90 degrees in a different direction with no warning, which means that unless you play an invincible frame like nidus or valkyr, you're just 100% absolutely screwed.

+1

There is nothing wrong with the L100 defence, it is not even hard to do more damage then every other player combined with a frame like Ember and without WoF(what is not even effective in a melee build) just using my old scindo prime. Does not need naramon, god mode frame, invisibility or any of that cheese, just a bit of know how how melee works and not a levelling melee weapon.

The juggernaut however is just poor design, it was when DE introduced it( let me 2 shot it with nova and a torid while other players had to suffer for like 10 minutes with the plain stupid 99% god mode uptime), the wide spread, the to short animation to dodge it properly for players and the one shot damage produced by the poor scaling system that the game suffers from since the beginning.

Edited by Djego27

I tried 3 times with 3 diferent teams:

1st was all Frosts so I left to find a better challenge.

2nd we all died because there was no communication or teamwork.

3rd time was a charm. We had Frost, Excalibur, Trinity (was a big help) and me... With Wukong and Gas Zenistar! 10 waves were a breeze. The Juggernaut was difficult and we spend a lot of time (+30m) hitting it but doing little damage (besides maybe Trinity). Thankfully I had Zenurik and with Wukong's Defy could revive everyone. When he was about 1/2 health, I remembered that the Operator was good against Sentinels and figured out to try him. As soon as Juggernaut was stuck in some stair, I just hit him with beam underneath, and IT WORKED! It took out very little but it did do some damage. Spread the word thru chat (not sure everyone got it but) at least one more player started doing the same... 5 minutes later, he was dead and we won!

I wanted to go again because I forgot to equip Corrosive Projection, but can only do it once... Sad.

Yes it was a bit harsh (specially because the previous DC challenge did not have any "surprise" like this at the end) but this is why it is a "Challenge". We are supposed to get out of our confort zone and try diferent ways and diferents build to overcome it. Sure, not everyone has all the proper frames or know (or can) do the proper builds, but that's what the community is for. I think the idea is that you can't just take your favourite frame and do everything with it. This is why these kind of challenges are... Well, challenging.

I for one would love to have try it solo with my (main) Limbo, but because I wanted a party and Limbo annoys other players, I decided on a more "friendly" frame... thus, this was my experience/feedback of it.

Why was this permitted? April fools was on the First.

Setting aside how utterly absurd the Juggernaut is when one cannot hit it, because Tempo Royale hitboxes apparently do not connect with it, I would like to know why it took no damage from Energy Vampire. I would also like to know how it killed my teammate through Hysteria in less than a second. I would like to know what I am supposed to do to defeat an enemy who keeps charging into tight gaps when I don't have a ranged weapon. I'd also really like it if the enemy who charged off the map more than twenty times before I stopped counting didn't reappear afterwards: Let it die when it does that.

Most of all, I'd like to know if the design council thought this was funny.

My opinion of the game has been soured by this. It was a poor decision. A cheap difficulty spike, with no creativity or sense behind it. If special alerts are supposed to be fun, then this one was an utter failure.

Please never do this again.

Edited by (PS4)Eldestbun

I went in with nidus at MR 20.

Carried 2 Mr1s and a mr5. Did 99% of the damage and won us the game.

While it was fun to a degree, this challange pointed out a few flaws.

I see people saying use

Nidus, trinity, chroma, mesa, mag, excalibur, wokung, banshee, nova and valkyr. That's 10 out of 33 frames...

This just proved how lacking most other frames in the game are.

While I enjoy a challange. I don't think it's right to essentially alienate the vast majority of frames.

A challange should be just that, but it also needs to be fun and should keep all frames in mind.

There should be no reason to alienate a players favorite frame, but again, not all the frames in this game are good and this alert proved just that.

It was a battle of cheese. Hopefully you all take that into consideration for the next challange.

Again, nothing wrong with a challange, but try to be considerate of all frames or at least the majority.

My opinion anyways..

Edited by (PS4)Zelisius

Despite my better judgement I tried this for the 3rd time. Loki + Irradiating Disarm + Rakta Dark Dagger. Getting through 10 waves was easy as pie. Got most damage done, least damage taken, most revived etc. You get my drift.

Then we all went Operator on Juggy. Took him down to 1/3 health after what felt like an eternity. Then he just decided to one shot the pod. Game Over !

This ain't a challenge, it's an exercise in masochism ! I don't even want to know how many players gave up on Warframe after this fiasco.

Mesa with corrosive modded onto my pistol (dunno if it still counts towards Peacemaker damage still), brought a friend with Nova and shredded everything. Juggernaut showed up, pinged it 9001 times for 3 damage each, then his back opened up and his hp bar dropped like a rock.

My clan and I tried it with Atlas because we like Atlas and no one had mentioned him on the forum or reddit.  Didn't work at all.  Then we went with max power Mesa with Trinity energy support and a Limbo to keep everyone in the Rift.  Easy.

This is exactly how challenging content should be in the game.  It tests your preperation and game knowledge, encourages experimentation, and has several solutions that make it significantly easier.  

I thought it was hilarious. Did the challenge duo with my gf without knowing about the juggy, the 10 waves were too easy tbh, it was a nice surprise at the end. Seriously though it was supposed to be some challenge, and it was hilarious using operator beams for a long time to get it down. You can just restart and bring something specific to cheese it if you want it's not like the 10 waves are such a chore. I don't see the big deal people have with it taking a while or not succeeding on the first attempt.

I'd like to see more of these challenges, it was fun to be surprised.

its should also be noted that the juggernaut is completely immune to all melee damage unless you are attacking its belly

this basically means u cant win, the chance of getting it to show its belly + have it face u + not already be dead is so low you might aswell say its impossible

only way to kill it is to take a frame with a ranged ability such as ivara and her Artemis bow, or mesa or Titania 

having actually tested this ivara is your best choose as each arrow can do about 60+ damage, mesa tends to do 1 damage making her the worst

Excalibur's Exalted Blade waves can go through walls. Kite around the Juggernaut so he can't hit you with this spines, send the waves through the structures and floors at him until he dies. I've done this about 4 times now helping to carry people through the mission.