The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

So you either have the right frame to "cheese" it, or have teammates who "cheese" it for you. Where is the fun in that ?

I first went in with Frost and Ignis Wraith expecting a hard defense. I ended up clawing my way to wave 10 with a Rank 13 Rakta Dark Dagger. 2 guys left and me and the remaining guy just watched Juggy destroy the Pod from a distance since we could hardly scratch him.

Next time I took Excalibur Prime and my best Sword and getting to 10 was easy. Then all the others left/died and I once again watched Juggy win. This time I was dead too.

Won't do it a third time after I wasted more then an hour on that.

Reading the Forums and having the "perfect" frame should not be a requirement for doing an alert !

Funny, I did this exact thing.  Kavat successfully removed the Juggernaut's armor, but I couldn't deal any worthwhile damage to it.  Eventually, I just got slammed into Undying so many times that I ran out of stacks, and then out of revives.  Your strategy isn't as simple or as foolproof as you think it is, because there's gotta be some other factor you're not detailing that allowed you to win when others, who are well-modded and equipped, can't.

Congrats to you for making it through this, but as far as I'm concerned, the alert's BS - virtually a luck-based mission.  This is one Orokin Catalyst I guess I'm just not getting.

27 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

No sarcasm. I really loved today's blue potato alert. It was fun, it was challenging, it was time well spent.

Thanks a lot for this breath of fresh air, guys! Hope to see more in the future.

I have to completely agree, I rarely post on the forums but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed it as well. It was a lot of fun to do, I hope DE takes note and decides to follow this example in their future content.

PS. Glad it was not bow only, melee only was way more fun.

I almost posted a bug report on this one:

"the design council mission has a bug where we can't use our guns, and then a juggernaut shows up.

What follows is twenty minutes of pissing around as our ridiculously un-fun operators until the juggernaut gets bored and attacks the cryopod, destroying it and causing mission failure. 

Bug is repeatable."

The idea that taking away the good part of Warframe - using your Warframe and gear - is a way to make things "challenging" needs to be ripped out of DE by its roots. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

The only problem I have with these alerts is all the hate I've been getting when people find out I'm DC. I'm glad this thread isn't like that. 

Although I personally wanted a lvl 120 grineer eximus stronghold so I could focus farm, this one should still be interesting. 

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FISTO ROBOT0 said:

I agree :) I like aspects of it but I mainly just hate the juggernaut, not so bad if I can use guns. I think melee only Jugg was a liiiiittle too harsh.

It's just an Uggie Juggie, as long as you understand how they work and can avoid their attacks fairly well, they're basically harmless. Though uh... there are quite a few melees that can just punch through their armor and hurt them directly, such as the Kogake.

1 hour ago, Trowicia said:

Is it super effective against the Juggernaut? I'm genuinely asking because I never bother with my Operator unless I'm specifically fighting Sentients or Kuva missions.
Also yeah, this alert took a serious turn when the Juggernaut spawned and I've never been this salty about Warframe before my entire time playing it.

It's not like mega effective but it works if everyone else also chips in and plays it safe. We had 3 operators in our game (one guy hadn't reached that part yet) and it was time consuming but we did it by keeping our distance, using cover and eventually taking advantage of my ice wave impedence, which I'm reeaaally glad I decided to bring.

It was kinda lame but kinda fun, more lame though for those who don't know what to really expect and/or don't have operator mode.

It just reminded me of how much I disliked Jug's close to instakill ability ever since his release.

Edited by Naith

1 minute ago, Mikki79 said:

So how do you complete it if you don't have a kavat? Resurrecting people 100+ times and only getting it to 80% is not fun.

an alternative is to get a few friends together and have them stack corrosive projection. In theory, 4 stacks of them should negate any armor of any enemy that would trouble you.

I just did this twice, once solo.  Both times without a Kavat because both of them are in stasis (I'm too lazy to defrost them).

Spend the first 10 waves building stacks.

Stand infront of the Jugg, press 3. He'll kill himself for you.

It helps to have a power strength setup - I used TFort, Power Drift and Intensify. I also had Ravenous up for good measure.

2 minutes ago, Mikki79 said:

So how do you complete it if you don't have a kavat? Resurrecting people 100+ times and only getting it to 80% is not fun.

Valkyr, Wukong, Chroma, Inaros, Banshee, Trinity, Mag, Atlas, Mesa, Frost, Equinox, Ash and so on. There are a lot of combinations and builds that can deal with him. 

1 hour ago, MrM1 said:

But a f*cking Lvl 120 Juggernaut at the end? People are struggling to kill a normal, Lvl 100 Juggernaut with a Tonkor, which can one-hit kill every other enemy in the game, but a Lvl 120 Jugger just by using melee weapons is way too much!

If you can't handle the challenge than maybe the orokin reactor extermination is a better fit for you.

We finally start getting some endgame missions/challenges and players that can't handle them start complain. [Players shouting] We want a challenge, we want wf to be hard.....but still oneshot everything.

3 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

The only problem I have with these alerts is all the hate I've been getting when people find out I'm DC. I'm glad this thread isn't like that. 

Although I personally wanted a lvl 120 grineer eximus stronghold so I could focus farm, this one should still be interesting. 

I've never had anybody say jack to me no matter how many times I've said I'm in DC XD, but I get your feeling.

It is nice to see a bit of positivity in the slew of negativity and hate lately.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

It's just an Uggie Juggie, as long as you understand how they work and can avoid their attacks fairly well, they're basically harmless. Though uh... there are quite a few melees that can just punch through their armor and hurt them directly, such as the Kogake.

Avoiding it's attacks is easy, the cryopod on the other hand got wrecked.