Founder's thoughts on umbra?

Phyrak

Title.

Hey there,

For any founders reading this, 
What are your thoughts on Umbra?

The Chinese founder pack of wf 

There is a potential for power creep of excal/excal p

What does this mean for founders in the potential in losing what it means excal p?

Not to mention given DE's stances on prime wf's and the current passives and changes - umbra has the potential to outdo excel p.
Where does this leave founders?

Thank you for reading,

-Phyrak

3 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

what the...

I was on discord chatting with some of my clan and what was brought up was the similarity between excal p and excal u in the factor of being a founding frame - DE has been quite against letting excal p yet the founding chinese excal u seems to be a little lax...

As founding is founding, and there is a mix in discussion as what it may been for excal p vs u - along with the power creep of gen 1 frames vs gen 3 frames (that of infinite scaling - from chroma)

Just stop. This god status some of you have been spoiled with is unprecended on ANY game out there. You name it, I dare you, i play mobas, old school mmorpgs, all of it, in none of them founders are as spoiled as some of you are; if you're an adult that's really worrysome.

You or any other founder for that matter do not dictate what can and cannot be released outside of that exclusivity deal. Excal P will still be exclusive to those who bought it and indirectly exclusive to PC. That's an entirely exclusive warframe no matter how you want to recolor that fact. It' also exclusive 6k mrexp. That's what you paid for. That's what you got. Be happy DE is FAR more serious about it than other devs like I said above.

I'm under the impression some of you think there's a neverending debt between DE and you.

Let's ask gallardo owners what they think of the huracan release. Just, please.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

My thoughts on it are this: I only care about the fancy cloth and Prime-like attachments on the arms, torso, and legs. That's what I care about. I'd be perfectly satisfied if Umbra was an attachment (like Prime attachments) that we could toggle on our Excaliburs/Excaliburs Prime. That's all I'm looking forward to - Umbra cloth and attachments that make Excalibur look like a knight.

If Excal Umbra is stronger than Excal P, so be it. That doesn't matter to me. Although, I do wish I could turn my Excal/Excal P (yeah, I have both) into Excal Umbra :p

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

Frankly, Excalibur Umbra bothers me in general. I greatly dislike it as a thing - a Chinese prime access exclusive that is coming to regular warframe basically because players who missed out on Excalibur prime wanted an Excalibur "prime".

However, given DE's propensity for power creep and the continued strengthening of new warframes, Umbra has the highly likely potential of being a more powerful "prime" warframe than Excalibur Prime is.

To some extent, I would be okay with it if Excalibur Prime is stronger than Umbra is - the reality is that Prime Warframes should always be stronger than their counterparts. But Given that Excalibur prime has very little difference between it and the basic Excalibur, I doubt that this will be so. And if there isn't there needs to be some sort of compensation for the founders who got Excalibur Prime, because DE is essentially giving away a better primed Warframe avaliable to the public, and making Excalibur prime irrelevant in doing so.

9 minutes ago, Miro_X said:

Frankly, Excalibur Umbra bothers me in general. I greatly dislike it as a thing - a Chinese prime access exclusive that is coming to regular warframe basically because players who missed out on Excalibur prime wanted an Excalibur "prime".

However, given DE's propensity for power creep and the continued strengthening of new warframes, Umbra has the highly likely potential of being a more powerful "prime" warframe than Excalibur Prime is.

To some extent, I would be okay with it if Excalibur Prime is stronger than Umbra is - the reality is that Prime Warframes should always be stronger than their counterparts. But Given that Excalibur prime has very little difference between it and the basic Excalibur, I doubt that this will be so. And if there isn't there needs to be some sort of compensation for the founders who got Excalibur Prime, because DE is essentially giving away a better primed Warframe avaliable to the public, and making Excalibur prime irrelevant in doing so.

So let me understand what you're ok with: You bought a frame that was just advertised as exclusive, never advertised as 'the most powerful excalibur we'll ever release'.

But even then, excal prime got a buff over the normal variant. I don´t care if it's 1 armor. It's more than what you paid for. 

Then you got exclusive sigils.

Then exclusive badges.

Then Lotus greeting you.

But it wasn't enough, DE sold pieces of their souls to each of you, a never ending debt.

Now you want your warframe to be the best.

You don't want another excal variant to be released.

--------------

There's no need for compensation, you got what you paid for. Are you @(*()$ serious? How old are you?

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

Founders paid A LOT of money to help Warframe in it's infancy, Excal Prime was the thank you. It's not about being elite, it's about having that thank you stripped and made into some paperweight frame that sits in our Armory now (should this be released). It was intended to be a Unique frame, but with the release of Umbra, it's no longer anything. It loses all value in the eyes of founders AND non founders. As I said over on Reddit:

Kinda upset and uncertain about how to feel about the whole thing. One one hand you have a neat frame being brought over from China that some people will really like and are excited for.

On the other, you have people who were founders of the NA Warframe who are going to kinda be shoved aside in terms of their "Rewards" for helping out when the game was in its infancy.

Umbra is the Prime for China. So basically it's a free prime to everyone over here. So what was the point of the Founders getting Excalibur Prime if they were just gonna wait a few years and do this? Kinda sucks, really. I hate it when games do that, makes me really regret/not want to help out and do founder stuff when in the future the items and things you get end up being overshadowed by other content. Call me selfish all you want, but there were people who paid a lot of money to help out Warframe, and they got Excal as a thank you.

Don't get me wrong, I love Warframe, I met my fiance playing Warframe. But this is going to really effect how I feel about Warframe and DE at this rate. It's really a feel of Betrayal more than anything.

These are just my opinions though. You can either agree or disagree.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

There's no need for compensation, you got what you paid for. Are you @(*()$ serious? How old are you?

This is just a discussion, no need to toss insults around.

Just now, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

So let me understand what you're ok with: You bought a frame that was just advertised as exclusive, never advertised as 'the most powerful excalibur we'll ever release'.

But even then, excal prime got a buff over the normal variant. I don´t care if it's 1 armor. It's more than what you paid for. 

Then exclusive badges.

Then Lotus greeting you.

But it wasn't enough, DE sold piece of their souls to each of you, a never ending debt.

--------------

I don't mind about having another Excalibur variation being released. What I do care about is that the people who were founders are effectively getting a gigantic middle finger from DE by releasing the Excalibur Umbra. What I don't want is another Excalibur Prime released - Something that was supposed to be exclusive to founders, and with the advent of Umbra, isn't any longer.  

Originally, Primed warframe variants weren't supposed to have any stat differentials between them and the base warframes. With Rhino prime, this went out the window, making it an even bigger middle finger to the founders of the game if Umbra is more powerful than Excal-Prime.

The way I see it is, Excal prime is just that Excal prime...

Excalibur Umbra is excalibur umbra and excalibur Umbra will never be Excal prime because welll, excal prime is excal prime. (and im pretty sure you can put your flashy excal prime helmet on excal umbra so no loss there)

As for the power creep thing wellllllllll......Let me be the first and shout.... UMBRA IS SOOOOOOO OP! OP! OP! NERF! NERF! NERF!!!! OMG ITS SO OP NERF PLEASE?!!?!?!?! 

Just now, Defion said:

The way I see it is, Excal prime is just that Excal prime...

Excalibur Umbra is excalibur umbra and excalibur Umbra will never be Excal prime because welll, excal prime is excal prime. (and im pretty sure you can put your flashy excal prime helmet on excal umbra so no loss there)

As for the power creep thing wellllllllll......Let me be the first and shout.... UMBRA IS SOOOOOOO OP! OP! OP! NERF! NERF! NERF!!!! OMG ITS SO OP NERF PLEASE?!!?!?!?! 

Actually, Umbra was China's Excal Prime when it was released over there.

Just now, Vitrescence said:

This is just a discussion, no need to toss insults around.

Didn't mean to insult. It was a genuine question. 

i see you have a fiancee so you're not a kid.

Bear with me:

Lamborghini released a few limited models (think of them as warframes).: Reventon in 2007, sesto elemento in 2010, veneno later on, can't remember the year.

You think a reventon owner is complaining at lamborghini for sesto elemento and veneno releases?

No they're not. That's how (successful) adults deal with the thing. I should say that the veneno eat the crap out of the reventon too. (although reventon is still my fav lambo by far, trivial but had to share lol)

9 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Then exclusive badges.

Then Lotus greeting you.

But it wasn't enough, DE sold pieces of their souls to each of you, a never ending debt.

--------------

I'll take melodrama for 1,000 Alex.

Come on, let it go.  The only thing you'll accomplish with this is derailing the topic and possibly getting a warning point.

OP; I'm not a founder but I have played on Founder accounts (sssshhhhh) and I really don't think Excal Infra is going to diminish Excel Prime.  He will still be the first, he will still be exclusive to Founders.

Lol. Lots of these guys seem to be a little salty that they missed out. The reason Excalibur Prime isn't as big a leap ahead of the normal variant as compared to other prime frames, is because you can't get him anymore. I'd say DE were being pretty fair with the normal Excalibur when this happened. They didn't want all the other players to feel like they got shafted (because a minor armor boost isn't something to get heated over).

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AGENTSTORM876 said:

Umbra shouldn't be released be released because it was the founders pack for  china, so they can easily request to have Excalibur prime since hey ear giving a founders pack out for free.

They got Excal Umbra PRIME, we're getting Excal Umbra.