Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet again screwing majority of the moon clans?

Ketec

It doesn't actually look like Moon clans are screwed.  There's no competition between clans, so it's just reaching the threshhold points. 

The required points for Moon Clans are not 200X the points for Ghost Clans, despite having 200X the members.

If we assume a ghost clan expects 100% active members, seems like the points for a Moon clan expect 40% active members.

For a gold trophy, a ghost clan needs 240 points, or 48 points per member at 100% activity.  A moon clan needs 19080 points, or 19.08 points per member at 100% participation, or 48 points per member if 387.5 are active.  So even if 60% of the clan is inactive, the remaining 40% has to do as much per person as a 100% active ghost clan.

Edited by Phatose

4 minutes ago, Phatose said:

For a gold trophy, a ghost clan needs 240 points, or 48 points per member at 100% activity.  A moon clan needs 19080 points, or 19.08 points per member at 100% participation, or 48 points per member if 387.5 are active.

Um, for 240 points split among 10 members, it's 24 pts per member.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Um, for 240 points split among 10 members, it's 24 pts per member.

Oops.  Would've sworn it was 5 person for a ghost clan.  My mistake.

That does make it a bit more hostile to moon clans. Requires 795 members to be equivalent.

Yeah, actually, that is a screw job.  It's simply far easier to manage to keep 10 active players out of 10, then 795 out of 1000.

Edited by Phatose

Foolish mortal. If you dislike the costs for research, the simplest solution is to knuckle down, kick a ton of the inactive and/or mooching clan members, and lower your clan tier, keeping only the valuable. You owe the inactive nothing.

3 hours ago, Ketec said:

But you cannot downsize - kicking 100.s of active players would severely hurt those people - loss of access to all the clan tech or new research, clan history, built stuff, color researches etc. A split option without losing stuff would be in order.

If they are inactive, they probably aren't around to care about clan tech. 

4 hours ago, Ryme said:

Agreed. There are literal counters in the player list that show how long it's been since someone has come online.

I have a policy of kicking anyone who doesn't log on for 90 days and I think im over generous. 

1 hour ago, Schregger said:

If they are inactive, they probably aren't around to care about clan tech. 

Exactly!

25 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

You are. I usually wait 30 days.

I use 30 days as a gauge along with member rank in the clan.  Initiates get the boot even faster.  Like at 20 days not logging in.