Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHY IS ALERTIUM A THING

prinkk

2 hours ago, NoggDog117 said:

Nitain drops 5 times a day on alerts, and is FARMABLE in Orokin Sabotage or Lua Exterminate caches if you're impatient. Complaining about it will get you nowhere closer to what you're trying to craft, get out there and get yourself some Nitain!

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nitain_Extract

There will likely be at least one alert up before you get any from that.

man, I've seen a lot of complaints about Nitain recently.. almost as many as when it was first launched.

it's a thing to make sure you don't progress too quickly through the game. in the time you spend complaining, you could probably have done a sabotage run.

buckle up like the rest of us, it's your only option.

2 hours ago, Archeyef said:

Alertium is Nitain.

Very well. If this is a familyname for things aquired only through Alerrts, I can understand where it came from. 

Like Vauban.

I think these things were added to make more people actually care about Alerts. It's annoying that so many things require so much nitain though, that's allways been an issue.

But eh, incentive to buy stuff with real money. Nothing new or special about that either.

It's funny how the OP answered their own question by calling it by its archetypal name instead of its actual, factual, in game name. 

It's an alert resource. The reason why one exists should be obvious by its very nature. It's meant to encourage you to hang around in game, and it creates a timewall to slow you down so you don't rush through content too fast. If you know what its archetypal name is, you should have already understood this. And I'll bet you already do. This thread is just pointless ranting. 

On 05/05/2017 at 1:34 PM, prinkk said:

SERIOUSLY!?

I think you are missing the general point.

Simply because a game has "things", does not mean you need to "get all the things".

If you are an avid collector in a game, then no obstacle is large enough, simply because you will go to extra lengths to get things, like have Twitter on your phone alert you when something is up for example, and if you are not a collector, then you play the game just to play, which means that a handful of Frames and Weapons are all you need to have fun.

Complaining about Nitain would seem to mean that you are neither. You don't want to space out the collecting, you don't want to buy things from the market - which would instantly get you the item - and you still want "everything" NOW anyway, even thought you don't need it, and simply want it because "you don't have it", even though it's a free game.

I'm sorry but those are unrealistic expectations.

Edited by DSpite
spelling