Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

soo skip this event? (ambulas)

padds

Well it looks like another boring grind low level content job to collect tokens , but as far as i can tell none of the rewards are worth getting , unless you like the bobble i guess.

am i missing something or is this a boring grind for worthless trash? 

Well it's not that bad, for ambulas in 1hour grind u can do the boss and get the supra, for the mods someone made the math and it takes roughly 8 hours of grind(most efficent method, u can switch a little with other tipes of missions), u divide it in a week and it's fair. At least imo.

Edited by Sirfol

Yo Padds,I'm not enjoying it either,but if you need MR fodder,there's you're chance to get Supra Vandal. There's also a bunch of band-aid mods,mostly useless/situational/for limited fun,etc. The event alone is a low-level grindfest like you said and Ambulas,despite being a very successful re-skin with even better SFX is...Still the poor old Ambulas whether he was lvl 50 or 150 (literally),if you know what I mean.

12 minutes ago, padds said:

Well it looks like another boring grind low level content job to collect tokens

Unreleased mods, Early access to new augments, New Vandal weapon.. all at the cost of casual gameplay?  If you're wasting your time grinding out low levels it's your own fault.

Neptune is like the third in line for highest lvl enemies and the ideal spot for farming him soooooo... I don't get it.  

32 minutes ago, padds said:

but as far as i can tell none of the rewards are worth getting , unless you like the bobble i guess.

Earn the points, fight Ambulas, get Supra Vandal and you completed it. Voila.

Besides, Syndicate-related augments will be available for RP later.

32 minutes ago, padds said:

Let's see...

• A better and colourable Supra Vandal (which is no way a friggin' MR fodder how others claim it to be).
  • A free syndicate proc/restore on your weapon you may now like.
  • An Obex augment and we just got a Prisma Obex.
  • Ambulas isn't limited to 1 unit per mission.
  • You aren't limited to specific mission type, only to the faction and planetside missions.
  • You need to fight Ambulas Boss just once for 40 beacons (while getting +36 beacons from the boss fight, so it's just -4 overall).

If you choose Endless mode you get XP, you don't have to speed run for little or no reward at all, you also get the Relics (which you'd still farm otherwise), if you choose a Fissure Corpus mission, you're in a win-win condition: Relics, Prime parts, ducats, traces, XP, beacons.

• No need to run at night with the scanner searching for precious flowers.
  • No need to use meta gear for cheese/speedruns/highest result.
  • No need to make a dedicated Farming Squad: Nekros, Hydroid, Ivara etc.
  • No Top-10% goals

OH. And you can also redeem two 3-day boosters 'till May 8th(?), so you'd get even more by playing the game

So, in other words, you can just play the goddamn game no bothering with doing event at all and yet still getting the beacons and thus completing it. How is this even grinding?

Edited by Thundervision

I suggest at least getting fulmination, sacrifice and supra vandal. If nothing else supra is mastery, and those mods we dont know if they will be added to the game anytime soon like syndicate augments, and they are generic enough you may want them later.

Let me answer your question with a question. What do you mean by skip it?

Skip it as in play some other game for awhile? Or do you mean skip it, and play other content in Warframe?

If plan to keep playing Warframe, play the event. You don't have to burn out on it every night. It's here for a week. Play some, grab a few new mods and a easily obtainable new gun. 

If the new stuff doesn't look like things you want and have another game in mind, play that. 

By your post, you don't sound like a completist, so I wouldn't worry about missing some stuff. 

I myself, need everything obtainable in the game. So let the grind begin!!

It's an ok event: the supra isn't great but it can be made ..... ok, the grind isn't fun but with a clan team can be made ...... ok and the new ambulas, well, it's actually pretty good, which is better than ok.

Overall, you can treat it as optional if you want, but you'll be missing out on a fairly ok time.

1 hour ago, Thundervision said:

Ambulas isn't limited to 1 unit per mission.

is that only in endless missions? also, are the ONLY endless missions that meet the reqs being interception, defense and excavation? I'm pretty certain there isnt a planet surface that has survival (COME ON DE :|)

EDIT: alright, want to say that i DO get multiple in the Oceanum mission (30-40 spy on pluto) so its roughly every 2 minutes or so

Edited by Kalvorax

IF you're not having fun and lacking motivation

then don't do it

simple as that.

Doing otherwise is indeed the epitome of grind.

Personally I'm actually enjoying this one, just the usual trouble of actually wanting to play it with my friends and trying to coordinate a time we can all do so. =p

But much to DE's credit, imo, on this one I can easily just PuG to get what I need and get at it.

If you want "good" rewards, I might recommend you run some Fissure Missions and build yourself some Primes.

But the actual game play of doing those isn't really any different as they can be the exact same missions as you'd run for Animo, and I've even done both at the same time when the fissure nodes line up for it.

Just now, Kalvorax said:

is that only in endless missions? also, are the ONLY endless missions that meet the reqs being interception, defense and excavation? I'm pretty certain there isnt a planet surface that has survival (COME ON DE :|)

You can get more than a single Ambulas in non-endless missions, there is just a cooldown (a bit more than 2min) and judging by Defense (can't be spawned more than once on the same wave), probably have tile restrictions so it can't be spawned in the same tile -- but this one is just a thought. Haven't checked it out. But I did get 2 Ambulas drops when doing Ext mission (before I reached the killcount objective).

Well. Yes, they removed Survival on the surface. I don't know if they fixed it after all, but there were planetside Survival Alerts before. 

17 minutes ago, Thundervision said:

You can get more than a single Ambulas in non-endless missions, there is just a cooldown (a bit more than 2min) and judging by Defense (can't be spawned more than once on the same wave), probably have tile restrictions so it can't be spawned in the same tile -- but this one is just a thought. Haven't checked it out. But I did get 2 Ambulas drops when doing Ext mission (before I reached the killcount objective).

Well. Yes, they removed Survival on the surface. I don't know if they fixed it after all, but there were planetside Survival Alerts before. 

Yup, I got 4 during a pluto spy run, and just had my second one now during an exterminate....and your right it is around 2 minutes.

as for the event, maybe this will show its not hard at all...
it and its convoy is dead before it even gets OFF the dropship (will probably be nerfed soon)

edit:i'll post the video in a second...got a better one, if you want to skip the combat, go to 0:45 in the video.

Edited by Kalvorax

It's not a bad event since you have a week to do it.   In my situation I had to farm 400 beacons to get the supra vandal, so might as well get all  the new stuff minus the aviator mod I already had.

28 minutes ago, Thundervision said:

I may be wrong, but Excavations are what replaced planetside Survivals because they didn't make any sense (cut oxygen on a whole planet WTF) 

Just now, DeadScream said:

I may be wrong, but Excavations are what replaced planetside Survivals because they didn't make any sense (cut oxygen on a whole planet WTF) 

well, apart from the fact that excavations were only made for planetside missions....I'm POSITIVE, there is a way to readd survivals to planetside missions, such as the tilesets beign areas that are locked by a shield of some sort (for the grineer/corpus) or the infestation is too strong for that area (for infested)...

but that is a discussion for another topic.

2 hours ago, padds said:

Well it looks like another boring grind low level content job to collect tokens , but as far as i can tell none of the rewards are worth getting , unless you like the bobble i guess.

There's also the clan xp reward.

But that's meaningless until DE gives us the clan passives.

It could result in salty tears later if you don't get the gold trophy in this event since it's exclusive mastery (like excalibur prime, lato prime, and skana prime).

42 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

Yup, I got 4 during a pluto spy run, and just had my second one now during an exterminate....and your right it is around 2 minutes.

as for the event, maybe this will show its not hard at all...
it and its convoy is dead before it even gets OFF the dropship (will probably be nerfed soon)

edit:i'll post the video in a second...got a better one, if you want to skip the combat, go to 0:45 in the video.

Everything is easy early on, once he scales it becomes way harder. I played around with 145 one in simulacrum and it's really hard to kill him without some way of stripping armor. Even after 10 wave of slow def where you make him spawn at every wave except first he already scaled to 60++