Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I don't play with Limbos right now

Limbo, and his new rework, are important socio-political tools in reducing the amount of gun violence present in Warframe. Limbo players are performing an important duty, at great personal risk to boot, to help keep everyone safe. Instead of leaving the groups blessed with a Limbo, you should instead thank us, possibly even monetarily, for the sacrifices we make for you.

2 hours ago, PierceSG said:

LOL.

I had players who literally told me to go die in a fire, or get cancer, because I was playing with on World on Fire (with Firequake) Ember.

I was just standing on the objective, occasionally shooting at stuffs that comes near enough and not die.

ember is annoying, especially when you are trying to farm

Sounds to me like at M22 & 2k+ hrs you should have more of an idea about how to play with a team that has different frame preference or even how to work with a limbo vs going "MUH KILLS! I CANT GET MUH KILLS". Your objective is the only thing that matters, and while you have your right to not play with a limbo sure, your aborting missions and quitting is even when done politely nothing short of childish "I cant play well with others" antics. 

Limbo cant freeze everything (and usually they don't unless beneficial), nor does it last forever, IF you work with limbos abilities and understand how to use them to your advantage perhaps you might have a better time with limbo players. You can also freely melee things to death within the rift when time is stopped and....perhaps...GASP! You can TALK to your team and line up shots when time is frozen to wipe out groups once its turned off. 

If you if youre going to blanket hate a frame and for some reason expect PUGs/The community to conform to your ideal mode of play, perhaps you should play solo.

I recently played a Survival and that was the first time I experienced banish. 

All enemies were frosen and I couldn't kill them.

I figured it was a Limbo at play, it wss a PUG  and I just jumped in.

I have no issues with Limbo. If you have him and like it, go ahead. But there will be a problem for some of us, I felt completely unneeded and just wandered around looking for living grineer to shoot.

And that was not fun.

What is the best way to synnergize with Limbo? When I know, I can adjust my gear. I use Banshee alot and you can understand how useless my powers were with Limbo beside me.

On 5/6/2017 at 5:39 PM, FierceRadiance said:

As a side issue, if I run into you wearing Limbo, and I tell the group I don't play with Limbos right now, and then I inconvenience myself by Aborting out of the mission...could I ask you to not be a sphincter about your entitlement to play as YOU want? 

This is...delicious.

Just leave. Don't bother telling people why. Nobody cares why you leave unless you make a point of showing off how high your horse is.

I feel your pain man, they are very annoying. I just had a Limbo in a def, where he kept banishing everyone and when we pointed it out that he should stop and actually should contribute to the mission he got butthurt.

Had a Limbo in the latest Sortie 2 (Mobile defence with 4 points), made the mission such a cake walk - I made sure to thank the Limbo for being there. He's great when played well and in a party that can appreciate his value.

A well-played Limbo can trivialize a number of mission types. With a team that knows WTF they are doing and can work with him, he's effectively godmode.

Rescue - Nothing touches you, or the rescue target. Stasis + Cataclysm behind yourself when hacking as needed.
Mobile Defense - Literally nothing touches the console. Stasis + Cataclysm and just wait out the timer. (Shoot at or melee stuff that's frozen to kill it when the effect ends for bonus points.
Defense - Limbo fills either the pod defense role (That Vauban or Frost fills) with cata+stasis, or the tank/revival role. Assuming he isn't touched by a nullifier field, he's basically untouchable.
Survival - Untouchable revives, emergency shielding. Just don't spam stasis everywhere unless you are performing a mass-rez/saving the team from immanent doom.
Spy - Limbo literally ignores half of static spy defenses. If you are even half-decent at avoiding getting spotted he's right up there with Loki and Ivara.

The real issue is that a lot of players don't understand how the rift, stasis, and Cataclysm work. It's important to understand that frozen enemies will still take damage when stasis ends, and to move on from your initial target. Melee-centric frames will deal their damage immediately, and that powers function perfectly as long as they don't move enemies (that includes damage from Magnetize. If you cast it from outside the rift and shoot in, the damage will still apply to enemies in the AoE)

Also Limbo is still very troll-tastic if played poorly.

I played Limbo for 2 weeks straight now (Love-Hate Relationship^^).

And because i'm annoyed when Limbo is starting Banish enemies, using Cataclysm and Stasis the only thing i'm using while playing in a group is his Passive (constantly going in and out of the Rift). I'm protecting myself by doing it (shoot then go into the Rift, go out of the Rift, repeat) and i can safely revive my teammates. And only if one of my teammates asks for Banishing him or using Cataclysm and Stasis i do so (There is no need to CC everything in the room up to lvl 80 (or use Snow Globe), Sortie 3 lvl. Not even in Mobile Defense and Defense. The object won't be destroyed if you are not AFKing^^.).

It's simple and effective and the most important thing it's not annoying.

PS: I wished DE would remove that little Rift portal Limbo is creating while going into the Rift. It's not helpful at all. At the moment i'm bullet jumping and then go into the Rift so that this little portal is somewhere in the air so that my teammates cannot go into the Rift by accidently running through.

On 5/7/2017 at 5:26 AM, ALEX_IV said:

I really think the one being childish was you. I mean, you went into a PUG, decided to vocalize that you don't like to play with certain frame, and then left?

Imagine if all players were like you. "hey, I don't like playing with WOF Embers so bye!". "Ugh, a Frost, (you are probably going to spam snow globes everywhere), I am finding another team". Etc. People would be leaving matches left and right. Also, think how the player of the mentioned frame feels. Imagine if he is playing his favorite frame, and then someone tells him he is leaving because he is playing with that frame? Of course he ignored you. Why would he want to talk to someone that doesn't want to play with him?

If you don't want a random team, that's what recruiting and premades are for. Or your clan. PUGs are supposed to be random experiences. You can't expect to find what you like 100% of the time. And if you go into a PUG again and decide to leave another time, just leave and keep your mouth shut.

This times infinity. 

3 hours ago, CeePee said:

Had a Limbo in the latest Sortie 2 (Mobile defence with 4 points), made the mission such a cake walk - I made sure to thank the Limbo for being there. He's great when played well and in a party that can appreciate his value.

Ok but do you like to play a game and do nothing and get a reward at the end for doing nothing? I guess that Limbo used Cataclysm + Stasis or Banish + Stasis and others were standing around and were doing nothing?

Are you playing the game for rewards only?

If that's the case then DE can bring back Simulor Mirage and No Aim Mesa cause it doesn't matter if you're just running around and collecting loot or actually do something^^

Yeah, another warframe shouldn't be able to prevent you from playing the way you want so drastically or require that you know limbo like the back of your hand to understand how to play with them. Their rework has done nothing to lessen the animosity towards them and it needs to be addressed more than ever. 

As someone who loves playing as limbo in sorties, i have to say, the only thing that wrecks a game more than one limbo is two limbos. have you ever tried managing two limbos putting everything in and out of rift at a moments notice? one annoying side effect of cataclysm is if you enter and exit it, you also exit the rift even if you were riftwalking beforehand. I actually had to leave yesterday's sortie bc the other limbo had no idea what they were doing and got everyone killed including himself. Limbo is a very high skill-ceiling warframe that requires some kind of communication to be played effectively but 99% of the playerbase isn't going to say anything while playing so it limits the usefulness of being able to literally stop time and make your defense target/hostage invincible.

Regardless if the player with Limbo is or is not good/bad/trolling, he now has several ways to render targets invulnerable to players in some capacity. Or, at the very least, to slow down the pace of combat.

Limbo still has niche uses, but right now he is an anti-group warframe. Putting aside the fact that he can completely disrupt/disable objectives for the squad (and even cause failure states in some cases like with Spy or the Trials), his abilities will slow down the pace of combat. Banish places enemies in the Rift which renders them invulnerable to weapons, but players can only enter the Rift if Limbo places them there as well or if they chase down Limbo's portal created by dodging. Then, even if they are in the Rift, Stasis prevents all projectile-based damage from connecting to the target for as long as Limbo desires or however long the duration is unless they want to dump entire magazines into one target to exceed the cap and force Stasis to end. Even worse, now Rift Surge spreads this invulnerability across enemies.

Warframe has always been about fast-paced combat and it feels bizarre to have a frame that not only slows down enemies, but allies as well. All that said, I'm thoroughly enjoying the rework for Solo play because you can do some nifty things with it and the new Cataclysm is fantastic for breaking crates if you're hunting for Syndicate Medallions or Ayatan Stars/Sculptures, but something should be done about his innate griefing potential.

You still leave for a stupid reason imo... Go play solo if you want all the kills ?

Learning how to play with X or Y partner is also called "team play" . 

I see 3 solutions :

-Play solo

-Find a clan/friends and stop pub

-Don't change and leave matches, but at least don't send that "lol I'm a special snoflake I dont pley wit limbo" sht... :clem:

Yeah, playing with other Limbos isn't much fun. I'm always finding myself in the rift and having to roll out of it. A lot of the time I try to kill an enemy and they are in stasis. Then there's the "Catabomb" cleaning out maps and leading me to go and look at Facebook or something.

As far as playing as Limbo goes. I don't like the dashing into the rift thing. I'm a serial roller and have set off too many alarms by trying to roll and taking myself back out of the rift by accident. I miss the old way with the timer.

Edited by (PS4)HarryMuff

I have to say, I've run into a lot more Limbo since the rework. I've also run into a much higher rate of useful, effective Limbos. I really appreciate him whenever I'm piloting someone squishy and/or ability-dependent (Banshee, Mag, Ember, Vauban).

The trouble with Limbo is that in order for a co-op mission to go smoothly:

• the player using Limbo has to know how Limbo works,
  • the other players in the squad have to know how Limbo works,
  • The Limbo has to observe how the rest of he team is playing, and
  • the rest of the team have to observe how Limbo is playing.

This doesn't always happen, and it's usually because of the last two criteria not being fulfilled. Limbo is much more complicated than most (all?) other Warframes, and he's the only one that can adversely affect the team on the scale that he does if these 4 criteria aren't met. What we can do, instead of dismissing the Limbo immediately and refusing to learn to work in conjunction with one, is to struggle through that phase of inexperience and get to the point where you can work smoothly with a decent Limbo player. Limbo offers something unique, and you can work with it to become very powerful.

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't understand why people hate Limbo. I've read many topics like this and I think haters' arguments are POINTLESS.

• Wanna kill enemy in stasis? Switch to melee and rip'em apart with me.
  • Wanna get the hell out of the Rift? Roll by pressing shift.

Personally, I like playing Limbo and I know how to well play with him. Limbo's Cataclysm and Stasis combo are so OP in missions such as defense (with this frame you can do literally ENDLESS RUN), but I don't know why gamers think I'm trolling during match, when I'm using this combo.

And I won't give up, I will still play Limbo as I like, even on public matches. I won't even leave session if people start to insult me. I will say something like two dots mentioned above.

Spoiler

Haters must change, not Limbo players

Edited by FrankoJP

47 minutes ago, FrankoJP said:

I still don't understand why people hate Limbo. I've read many topics like this and I think haters' arguments are POINTLESS.

• Wanna kill enemy in stasis? Switch to melee and rip'em apart with me.
  • Wanna get the hell out of the Rift? Roll by pressing shift.

Personally, I like playing Limbo and I know how to well play with him. Limbo's Cataclysm and Stasis combo are so OP in missions such as defense (with this frame you can do literally ENDLESS RUN), but I don't know why gamers think I'm trolling during match, when I'm using this combo.

And I won't give up, I will still play Limbo as I like, even on public matches. I won't even leave session if people start to insult me. I will say something like two dots mentioned above.

Reveal hidden contents

Haters must change, not Limbo players

The hate is due to the fact that other players can't play their way when running with certain Limbos. They can't use their other weapons and don't want to resort to melee if they don't have to. They shouldn't have to for the majority of a match. On the other hand, as a Limbo I don't wanna feel restricted either but if I'm running with a team I don't impose on everyone else simply because I want to lock down the entire map or that one hallway.

The problem is with Limbos who continue to be abuse their powers and keep their allies in the rift. Just because they can. Roll? I can just Banish them again or set up a nice huge Cataclysm. It's like dealing with Snow Globe spam when you've got launchers.