Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Watcha Think of The Razorback Event?

VoltTheHero

Love the cipher build requirement.

Never liked having polymer bundles in the first place.

Glad to be rid of them.

Otherwise i like it, although putting some of the resource on AW missions is annoying for most people. Especially liked the boss fight.

Just now, Lucavee said:

Love the cipher build requirement.

Never liked having polymer bundles in the first place.

Glad to be rid of them.

Otherwise i like it, although putting some of the resource on AW missions is annoying for most people. Especially liked the boss fight.

Sounds good :P

Honestly a little disappointed. Having the toxin dual stat mods dropped as well diluted the reward table. Not to mention it appears that it will not last in the allotted time so that reduces my farming opportunities.  Heck my last run it dropped an Archwing mod.  Maybe they can make a different change for the next time.

Outside that it was fun to fight. 

Edited by Kjahla81
Left out something.

Just now, Kjahla81 said:

Honestly a little disappointed. Having the toxin dual stat mods dropped as well diluted the reward table. Not to mention it appears that it will not last in the allotted time so that reduces my farming opportunities.  Heck my last run it dropped an Archwing mod.  Maybe they can make a different change for the next time.

Ah sorry to hear, but good point.

I was lucky enough to be on during the hour I could farm the gorgon wraith from Jackal, so I'm... not doing the razorback event at all despite having previously thought the boss fight sounded really cool, because I just don't feel like gathering polymer bundles. I've pretty much bankrupted myself on them recently from finishing off various clan researches.

Just now, OvisCaedo said:

I was lucky enough to be on during the hour I could farm the gorgon wraith from Jackal, so I'm... not doing the razorback event at all despite having previously thought the boss fight sounded really cool, because I just don't feel like gathering polymer bundles. I've pretty much bankrupted myself on them recently from finishing off various clan researches.

Ohhh yeap I know that feeling I went from 4 million polymer bundle to 0 now do to clan stuff...so I feel your pain :(

6 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

Outside that it was fun to fight. 

The toxin dual stat mods are actually mission clear rewards. The gorgon parts, puncture mods and archwing mods are all drops from razorback, so the toxin mods are just extra rewards and doesnt really affect the drop tables in any way AFAIK.

Edited by Lucavee
grammar

2 minutes ago, Lucavee said:

The toxin dual stat mods are actually mission clear rewards. The gorgon parts, puncture mods and archwing mods are all drops from razorback, so the toxin mods are just extra rewards and doesnt really affect the drop tables in any way AFAIK.

If that's the case then shouldn't that be announced? It could clear some of the confusion. 

It was alright. Cipher costs can be lowered a bit, not too much. Hacking needs to be fixed so everybody uses 1event cipher in a single run to make it fair. Loot drops are good enough. Too bad tentacles don't work with razorback, I'm a fan.

7 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

If that's the case then shouldn't that be announced? It could clear some of the confusion. 

Agreed. I only noticed because i was rather impatient and constantly checked the mod notification when razorback goes down (I was farming for puncture mods).

There are some improvements to be made.

1: The ciphers were implemented badly imo. They A: cost WAY too much poly per use, and B: the way you use them enforces leeching as the way to go. I've had more than one PuG where 2 or more people were just standing around, hoping someone else would open the final door so they could keep their ciphers. If they cost closer to 2-400 as opposed to nearly ten times that, I think both problems would be mitigated.

2: So. Much. Hacking. You gotta hack to get into what seems like every room on the way to the Razorback while fending off enemies, and once you're there and in the fight you gotta hack bursa after bursa after bursa. I like the Corpus puzzle hacks, but not enough to do them 20 times per mission. If they just got rid of the hacking on the way there, it would fix it.

Edited by Jackviator

There's a glitch where if the host uses the their cipher, everyone loses a cipher. I explained this to my squad when I was a host, they called me stupid, stood there for a while and I decided to open the door, everyone lost their ciphers, everyone called me an A****** and apparently reported me. 

At least I got a bunch of orokin cells. 

2 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

There's a glitch where if the host uses the their cipher, everyone loses a cipher. I explained this to my squad when I was a host, they called me stupid, stood there for a while and I decided to open the door, everyone lost their ciphers, everyone called me an A****** and apparently reported me. 

This^

The only consolation (at least for me) from this event's polymer bundle cost : I get enough orokin cells to last for a while.

13 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

SAMMEEE THAT HAPPENED TO ME -.-

Same as last time it was here but without any interesting mods this time (ran it x5 got x5 malignant forces).   Even if the puncture mods drop, it is not  like i do not already have those from previous events.

I had just started playing when Divine Will was going on, so I didn't even try, especially with the forums talking about how difficult it was way back then, so this was my first experience with the Razorback.

I mostly enjoyed it, though those homing missiles can piss right off, I eventually just gave up dodging and just used a revive every three or four volleys.  Didn't even bother with hacking the panels after the first time, either, just rolled through the lasers, Peacemakered the bursa, and hacked them before leaving as fast as I could.  Receiver twice, zero Puncture mods, zero Eyes of Blight mods.  Makes me really glad they screwed up the Jackal's drops earlier, because seriously what the hell is with that polymer requirement.  I want to do the fight more often, and not for the rewards, I genuinely had fun with a fight that was challenging by more than just higher numbers and had hacked Bursas downed it not completely randomly it would probably be my favorite boss (minus those rockets, serious question, how does one deal with those?) (Side note: what's with making Bosses genuinely fun to fight and then gating them behind something not enjoyable?  At the very least you can farm Ambulas through normal missions, but if you want to fight Kela than I hope you like Rathuum, and if you don't enjoy it then too bad do it anyway).

But F*** polymer bundles.  Sure, I can get a thousand in a five-minute Capture mission, probably more with a proper setup, but remember when the Void blew up and made it so we weren't spending all our time on one tileset?  Yeah, about that: Grineer Sealab says hi.  I could farm on Venus or Mercury, sure, if I wanted even less interaction.  The Archwing thingies weren't even bad, I averaged two per Galilea run, and that can be facemashed with basic gear and spamming melee, and six or more per Salacia run, and those are way, way better now that we don't have vomitcam all the time.  Gallium, frankly I have no idea where I got all of mine, but I have plenty.  But polymer... the most useful and least abundant "common" resource, I've just about never had more than I needed.  I don't even use it on consumables, there's just so many things that require it and it drops in so few places. 

Well, the gameplay of the mission is pretty much the same from the Divine Will event, I really liked the idea of the boss itself, and how to succesfully kill him. It also gave me the oportunity to get the Gorgon Wraith again (I accidentally sold it lol), got it in only four runs, which is totally awesome, and some Puncture set mods to sell.

There's two bad things in my opinion, one will be the one that other Tenno mentioned: the cost of the Cipher plus the fact that nobody wants to use it, all squad members should lose one to be fair, and to avoid those standing around moments. The other thing will be that nobody kills the cameras (even that it's not the events fault), those are the ones locking the rooms up, I tried to tell that to my teammates but only got "that's dumb" kind of replies, easily avoided with Loki/Octavia/Ivara or just killing the cameras.

Wish all Tenno luck with the drops, have a nice night!

well, the event isn't actually new, so it isn't as much of a fustercluck as the first time it came around

the ciphers are way to expensive for what it's worth

but I did get the Bore mod and a new wep, so at least there's that