Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Peacemaker will not target nully weak points..bug? Or intended?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

But u have to aim peacemaker and the nully weak spot is constantly moving...

You don't really "aim" peace maker so much as move the large circle in the general direction of what you want to shoot and hold down fire. Not exactly aiming, until the circle gets super small. Nullies don't move fast and the movement makes no difference as long as the target is in the circle. 

Nullies are supposed to be resistant to WF powers. Peacemaker is a WF power. Aimbotting the weak spot with a power would completely defeat the point of having it. No WF abilities work on it as is likely intended. Volts shock doesn't, fireball doesn't etc. Because, and I repeat, nullies are supposed to be resistant to powers.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

24 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

You don't really "aim" peace maker so much as move the large circle in the general direction of what you want to shoot and hold down fire. Not exactly aiming, until the circle gets super small. Nullies don't move fast and the movement makes no difference as long as the target is in the circle. 

Nullies are supposed to be resistant to WF powers. Peacemaker is a WF power. Aimbotting the weak spot with a power would completely defeat the point of having it. No WF abilities work on it as is likely intended. Volts shock doesn't, fireball doesn't etc. Because, and I repeat, nullies are supposed to be resistant to powers.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

The weak point is deliberately untargetable by powers, since it touches the bubble.

21 minutes ago, direcyphre said:

The weak point is only there to provide an alternate means of disabling a nullifier (i.e. sniper rifles, bows, etc with good aim), not give people the ability to nuke it with existing powers. 

I understand all that. Just seems like we should be able to target it because the nully weak spot is on the outside of the bubble. That is all.  But u cannot target it with powers. But you can knock down nully bubbles with exalted blade?!

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

I understand all that. Just seems like we should be able to target it because the nully weak spot is on the outside of the bubble. That is all.  But u cannot target it with powers. But you can knock down nully bubbles with exalted blade?!

Outside or not it is literally what generates the bubble and, logic aside, being able to target it with powers would make it irrelevant. Thus making nullies suddenly pointless. In which case, they might as well not exist.

I'm not sure about EB being able to knock out bubbles. Never tried it. Seems like an oversight though if that is indeed true.

17 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I'm not sure about EB being able to knock out bubbles. Never tried it. Seems like an oversight though if that is indeed true.

Yes u can chip at the nully's bubble with exalted blade. 

17 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

being able to target it with powers would make it irrelevant. Thus making nullies suddenly pointless. 

I disagree, I think targeting something would not make them irrelevant. Would require just as much skill as shooting it with normal weapons. Because the weak spot is moving.

Now frame AOEs can be nullified before it can get to the weak point. Because of the shape of the nully bubble, sure. 

But I believe targeted LoS abilities should be able to take out those weak spots in nully bubbles. And that should include PM once you can put the circle on it. Maybe PM needs a crosshair instead...

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Yes u can chip at the nully's bubble with exalted blade. 

I disagree, I think targeting something would not make them irrelevant. Would require just as much skill as shooting it with normal weapons. Because the weak spot is moving.

Now frame AOEs can be nullified before it can get to the weak point. Because of the shape of the nully bubble sure. 

But I believe targeted LoS abilities should be able to take out those weak spots in nully bubbles. 

Not for a lot of powers though. Shock doesn't need perfect aiming to hit targets, fireball has an AOE etc. It would be inconsistent with different powers. Besides, if you can hit it with a power, you can just as easily shoot it at for no energy cost. So why waste the energy? It serves no purpose even with powers that require actual aiming. It makes more sense to have nullies just block powers across the board rather than have exceptions to the rule for no reason. Just shoot it with your gun. Thats why its there. It doesn't exist as a work around for powers that work similar to ranged weapons.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Exalted weaponry is inconsistent with if they work on bubbles. Valkyrs claws work, Excaliburs blade works, Titanias arsenal works, Ashes knives don't and Mesas guns don't.
Depends on how interactive the exalted weapon is, not just if it's an exalted weapon or not.

22 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

It is really quite simple...

Nullifiers are the one thing that can stop Mesa, it would be horribly OP if she could delete them too.

Gameplay > Logic

Exalted blade can chip at a nully bubble at range, PM can't target the little weak spot or chip the nully bubble. The only difference is E spam vs Hold E. That is horribly inconsistent, and just well makes 0 sense. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Exalted blade can chip at a nully bubble at range, PM can't target the little weak spot or chip the nully bubble. The only difference is E spam vs Hold E. That is horribly inconsistent, and just well makes 0 sense. 

"Chip" vs "Delete"

Mesa has a 50 meter hitscan range and barely needs to aim at all, and would destroy nullifiers in under a second. Excal has a 40 meter range with massive damage falloff and travel time, along with needing to hit the bubble quite a few times.

Do you really not see an issue where as soon as a Nullifier spawns Mesa will be have them dead? That is like asking any AoE ability to be able to target the Nullifier Drone... except it is still worse than that because Mesa has the highest DPS and range of any DPS Warframe.

"Inconsistent" is having an enemy that is supposed to stop our AoE murderfest be countered by the most AoE murder-festy Warframe.

18 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

"Chip" vs "Delete"

Mesa has a 50 meter hitscan range and barely needs to aim at all, and would destroy nullifiers in under a second. Excal has a 40 meter range with massive damage falloff and travel time, along with needing to hit the bubble quite a few times.

Do you really not see an issue where as soon as a Nullifier spawns Mesa will be have them dead? That is like asking any AoE ability to be able to target the Nullifier Drone... except it is still worse than that because Mesa has the highest DPS and range of any DPS Warframe.

"Inconsistent" is having an enemy that is supposed to stop our AoE murderfest be countered by the most AoE murder-festy Warframe.

Excalibur can chip away in a few swipes. The weak point is always moving, Mesa cannot shoot through the bubble. But when the nully weak point is exposed and in LoS Mesa at the smallest point of her PM should be able to target it. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

58 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

PM can't target the little weak spot or chip the nully bubble.

you might have a point of contention if Peacemaker wasn't 1 Million DPS. but it is.

Edited by taiiat

Hey All,

I am going to lock this thread on request of the OP, who feels that everything that needs to be said has been said. Kudos for the good, level-headed discussion.

I love Mesa probably as much as Ash Prime (see display picture for original [DE]Aidan artwork) but clearly you all have thought a lot more about her than I have.

Best,

Aidan