Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When will the Machete and Snipetron be re-released?

They have been unobtainable for years at this point, and I'm sure me and a lot of other people who either haven't been playing at that time, or missed the alerts that reintroduced it, think that a re-release of these relics of a weapon should happen. Either as another tactical alert or maybe a drop for certain enemies

I have no idea why the former was removed, but the latter was supposedly removed for lore reasons. Regardless, power creep has reduced the Snipetron to being possibly the worst sniper rifle in the game, although it looks nice painted black with the smoke color pack. I always thought the whole "doesn't fit lore" reasoning was a bit arbitrary. I mean I have a candy cane skin for my scythe's, and a lot of the lore ingame doesn't make a whole lot of sense to begin with (Valkyr's backstory makes a heck of a lot less sense after the second dream).

The Machete definitely needs to be re-released. The stance mods actually say "machete" on them, and you can't actually get a machete for them. The machete stance is also one of the easiest stance mods to get, which will just prompt people to ask "how the heck do I get a machete?" It's not even a very great weapon. It's got a wraith version too, which is actually a pretty decent weapon.

8 minutes ago, GOEATSOMEFUSHM8 said:

Snipetron as a drop for either Nulifiers or Sniper crewmen.

Machete as Scorpion drop.

We already have the gorgon drop from heavy gunners, so why not?

I mean there's really no reason to screw people over who just want to collect the weapons / want the mastery, I think they deserve some sort of release at all, even if it's just a tac alert, but I'd prefer it if it's like the gorgon yeah

17 minutes ago, GOEATSOMEFUSHM8 said:

Snipetron as a drop for either Nulifiers or Sniper crewmen.

Machete as Scorpion drop.

We already have the gorgon drop from heavy gunners, so why not?

9 minutes ago, Viking3206 said:

I think they deserve some sort of release, even if it's just through a tac alert, but I'd prefer it if it's like the Gorgon.

Agreed. I'm rather opposed to it being a tac alert reward: felt demeaning to have an event reward be old MR fodder that have become obsolete for so long.

22 minutes ago, Viking3206 said:

They have been unobtainable for years at this point

Has not been years.

Snipetron was available about a year and half ago during the "Project Undermine" tactical alert

and the machete was available in march of last year during the "one thousand cuts" tactical alert

Just setting the information straight.

37 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

Has not been years.

Snipetron was available about a year and half ago during the "Project Undermine" tactical alert

and the machete was available in march of last year during the "one thousand cuts" tactical alert

Thanks for the clarification, but what's your view on this?

no idea when they'll come back, personally I think they could just retcon the Snipetron again and say that "it's a corpus weapon that was modified by the Tenno to be simpler and easier to mass produce". we don't have a MK-1 Sniper rifle, and that's basically what vanilla Snipetron is: the rarest MK-1 weapon in the game. makes me laugh about the reason they changed it, weapons are something that go through all sorts of changes over the years. could also just say Snipetron is a training rifle for Sniper Crewmen and Nullifiers before they are issued their Lanka. they could also just make it an energy weapon like the Lanka, but weaker (though this would mean changing the Vandal version as well.

Machete could be a Scorpion drop though. I also see no reason why it couldn't just be put in the market for credits, it's just MR fodder anyway.

1 hour ago, Viking3206 said:

Thanks for the clarification, but what's your view on this?

Well, you may not want to hear it.

Ultimately, I dont think it matters really. Granted, I do have both weapons. But there are a handful of others i probably wont ever have either, like the braton vandal, lato prime, lato vandal, and skana prime.

But like I said, it ultimately doesnt matter because A: they all are terrible to todays standards and power creep (actually they were garbage 4 years ago too), and B: when we finally reach MR 30, there will be enough content to reach that level and then some. Meaning no matter if you are missing a handful of weapons, you'll still be able to reach MR 30 anyways.

But thats assuming DE figures out their content release problems. In order to reach 30, we need a little less than double our current content. They already dont have any place to put anything while keeping the RNG at a reasonable level, so they vault prime stuff.

Thats ok for guys like me who have been around for a while and are sitting on multiple sets of ember and frost prime, but that creates a problem for other players where they are unable to attain that content without spending real money. Actually its a win/win for DE and me because I can acquire plat from people willing to spend it, and DE makes money from those same people because they are also willing to buy it.

In fact, when the relic system came out, that was supposed to solve the vaulted prime stuff. Obviously its not all unvaulted.

But as far as everybody else here, they are all mostly correct. dropping from scorpions and snipers make sense. That thing DE calls "lore" makes no sense and is a complete joke anyways...

However, threads like these come around all the time for the last 4 years about the same weapons. This thread is not the first, nor will it be the last. Rather than hold your breath, id just keep focusing on what is currently available

Edited by Faulcun

One-Thousand Cuts last year dropped Machete, twice... but I do agree that it needs to not only come back, but that the proper drop would be from Scorpions.

As for Snipetron, it can come back every now and then as a Tactical alert item, but it's been 2 years, even the Gorgon Wraith just RECENTLY came back.

What I'm always wondering I'd why we have special variants of the weapons, but the standard versions are nowhere available. If Snipetron is so Lore-Breaking, why does the Vandal get a permanent spot as an invasion reward? It's the same base gun, just modified by Lotus, and Baro's getting those Machete Wraiths from somewhere, right?

I was such a noob when thousand cuts was out I couldn't do it on my own and I didn't even know recruitment chat was a thing.  Now I could finish it with a randomized loadout.  

Just give us thousand cuts again and another three stage tactical alert for snipetron.  There are a lot of dead weekends with no special event now anyway.

15 hours ago, Viking3206 said:

They have been unobtainable for years at this point, and I'm sure me and a lot of other people who either haven't been playing at that time, or missed the alerts that reintroduced it, think that a re-release of these relics of a weapon should happen. Either as another tactical alert or maybe a drop for certain enemies

Eventually they'll come back. Also they brought then back only a little while ago didn't they? I think middle of last year? 

Anyways, I already have these. They're S@it. So don't worry your little head. The vandle and wraith versions are much better. 

Also, I want the braton and lato vandle. That's something that's really old and DE did say they would be coming back :P

Edited by Arniox

15 hours ago, WarOverlord said:

Also rivens for the snipetron need to be re-added.

I thought they where there already? 

Did DE really remove them? That's annoying. I wanted to get one for my 7 for my snipertron vandle. 

15 hours ago, Faulcun said:

Has not been years.

Yeah. I remember both. They where fun. The thousand cuts one actually went through my birthday :P