Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So this new ambulas sortie...

PsionicSt0rm

I quite literally the hardest thing warframe has had so far.
Ambulas itself is super tanky.
The adds are a *@##$.
F*** the aerial bombardment.

But in seriousness, has anyone been able to solo the sortie for today. Been stuck doing it since it came up this afternoon and everything I do crumples by phase 3

Frost did the best but was unable to keep the enemies off the last ambulas

Loki was ok but the damage was just not consistent enough using a synapse to land headshots cuz ambulas moves too much

Volt did very well but as soon as adds appear he melts like butter.

I have yet to be this salty of frustrated for a long time since dark souls.

Just now, --Q--Voltage said:

It is not bad when using proper resources aka Magnetize, Mesa, some weapons...

Just now, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

I haven't got on yet but I suspect the answer will be "Mesa and spam energy pizzas".

Sadly I do not have Mesa Unlocked and solo is the only option. Been spamming pizza's since the sortie was up and now my pizza's are all gone.

Just now, HiMeToEu said:

Sadly I do not have Mesa Unlocked and solo is the only option. Been spamming pizza's since the sortie was up and now my pizza's are all gone.

Maybe you aren't ready for sorties then. They are meant to be high tier content (and the players at this tier breeze through all content anyways).

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Maybe you aren't ready for sorties then. They are meant to be high tier content (and the players at this tier breeze through all content anyways).

After not having a problem soloing other sorties bar this one, I think it is reasonable to ask for other peoples strategies do you not? I wouldn't consider Ambulas a breeze unless I'm missing some mechanic from him. However I could be sorely mistaken.

12 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Or maybe this sortie is having unexpected interactions between the essentially  broken level scaling and the weird Sortie addon conditions that is making this specific mission unintentionally and unnecessarily difficult for certain Warframes.  Even as "sort of endgame" missions, I think it's a little unreasonable to expect everyone attempting a sortie to have access to every weapon and every Warframe.  Let alone the time to try every combination, even of the known "meta" options.

As for someone doing sorties solo, there's a *lot* of reasons that might be why they choose to do it.  A major one being that they don't have the option of a high bandwidth Internet provider.  In my area, I'm lucky to have the option for DSL.  I could also pay *more* for a slower cable connection than my DSL, or even more than that for a cell-phone connection that would be faster, but has a data cap I could probably exceed in an afternoon watching Star Trek on Netflix.  My only other option is to move to a different state, since those are the ONLY Internet options within several hundred miles.

Some of the Sortie mission options are just kind of broken.  Lua Rescue is super annoying - you have a one minute timer which starts ticking the instant you open the door.  You loose a significant chunk of that just waiting for the second door to open.  If you're lucky and everyone knows exactly what they are doing, three people will hack the consoles with barely enough time for the fourth to jump into the portal.  Unless you get a bad roll on the secondary conditions and the guards inside the console room kill some or all of you before you can hack the portal.  Oops, so sad, try again.

And as a player who *can* attempt sorties, I still hardly breeze through them.  I mostly end up skipping them when some of the missions are ones that I consider stupidly hard or actually broken.  Kayla and the Rathruum arena, Lua Rescue, Lua Spy, and Infested Alad V with enhanced resistances or elemental enhancements or especially Radiation hazards.  If you are so awesome that they aren't a problem for you, then I'm glad it's so easy for you.  It's nowhere near easy for me.

7 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

And why is that so?
Why not just play public? Makes things way easier. And the game is meant to played in squads...

My internet will not support p2p connections, besides i haven't had any issues soloing up until today

7 minutes ago, (PS4)vinster said:

Still at work so haven't had a chance to try the sortie yet.  Just wondering, would a Fatal Teleport Ash with Covert Lethality daggers work with the new Ambulas?

I dont think that will work from what i read on the wiki page.

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

Then todays Sortie draws the line. You can't go further as a solo player.
Nothing's worng with that.

Perhaps you are correct, tho there must be some way to do it, even if my fingers bleed for it, I was very close before so I do not believe that the line is drawn.

Just now, HiMeToEu said:

tho there must be some way to do it

Really? There has to be a way to do it?
Maybe... but as I said before: Warframe is meant to be played in a squad.
So even if it's not today. Sooner or later you wont be able to do things on your own.
And why don't you get better internet? That's always a nice thing to have.

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

So even if it's not today. Sooner or later you wont be able to do things on your own.

Uni.

I had no issues with Ambulas sortie during the event when it accidentally popped up as Ivara with a Zenistar, even though the condition was energy reduction. Today was just as easy because none of the adds that spawned were eximi, meaning no energy leeches. Navigator and Zenistar + invisibility is insanely OP(in due for a nerf IMO) and made short process of anything that came near the hacked Ambulas(es/i?). Anyway, that's how I did it.

I tried it with a solwva + tigris prime in a public group... I had the most squishy frame of the lot yet I seemed to be the one who wasn't going down and also doing a fair bit of damage all while slowing the enemies lol.   It should work ok in a solo if you can keep on top of the ospreys trying to hack the first one you take down when there are two (assuming this happens on solo's too)

Had to abort my first attempt because one left due to failing 2 ambulus's for some reason.... not sure why the 3 other members couldn't get an ambulus down and hacked while I looked after the other one.... although one I can understand, it went down just as a bombardment started so we couldn't get to hack it. 

The last time we had this sorties, slowva + banshee (built around sonar and silence - so range and duration + strength) plus two tanks (rhino and inaros). 

4 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

As someone who has solo'd literally everything except raids (and that's only because the game won't let me), that line doesn't exist. Everything (barring the raids) can be solo'd the same as it can be done in a group. The only thing groups offer over solo is convenience and extra firepower.

With enough elbow grease and a bit of cheese, you can power through just about anything. Also, it's not always possible to just get better internet. Sometimes you just live someplace where that just isn't possible.

OP, if I might make a suggestion: Valkyr would be a good pick for this Ambulas. There might be power-nullifying abilities, but you should be able to dispatch them quickly enough to stay in hysteria and stay alive.

1 hour ago, HiMeToEu said:

But in seriousness, has anyone been able to solo the sortie for today. 

Just did.

First tried pt but for some reason it was impossible to hack, button just wouldn't work which lead to fail.

Then I soloed it with Inaros, pox to strip armor and strun with radiation to kill him. Gas Zenistar and Inaros 1 to kill everything around, i'd say difficulty was between easy-medium, which is still better than usual Very Easy.