Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does the Oberon Prime trailer show us effects that aren't in the game?

TheGodofWiFi

In the newest Prime trailer I noticed that Oberon seems to have this new effect on Hallowed Ground where it spawns a load of plants. Why is this not in the game? It looks so much better than the current Hallowed Ground we have now, which looks like watery vomit. Also, the ring on the top of the mace on the Silva & Aegis Prime, spins around when you hit enemies. This is not in the game either, it's completely static. 

Why did DE put these in the trailer if they don't appear in-game? This is false advertisement.

playing devil's advocate for a moment here; I think it may have just been symbolism more than anything, because Oberon has a nature theme going and he's fighting the industrialised Grineer, who pour their Toxins into the soil, by using the power of nature (flowers in this case) against them. supposedly to send this message that Nature is always in control no matter what, which is certainly true.

otherwise, I have no idea. could just be for cool factor, could just be "because Oberon", could be a way to make Oberon prime appeal more to Environmentalists, who knows.

2 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Changes:

• The Silva & Aegis Prime mace now spins while equipped and will increase/decrease when swinging/idle! I’m sure there is a Fidget Spinner joke in there somewhere... 

Hotfixed yesterday.

he made this thread 5 minutes ago

xD

4 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Changes:

• The Silva & Aegis Prime mace now spins while equipped and will increase/decrease when swinging/idle! I’m sure there is a Fidget Spinner joke in there somewhere... 

Hotfixed yesterday.

Thanks for this. I'm away right now so I didn't see any hotfix changes. Did they change Hallowed Ground too?

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Have to remember that Oberon has a cleansing effect, so it could just be symbolic as someone else mentioned. It purified the ground and water thus the plants grew.

It does seem a little weird that cool effect wouldn't be part of the Primes bling though. The current Hallowed Ground looks awful and is barely visible when on the battlefield. 

4 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

It does seem a little weird that cool effect wouldn't be part of the Primes bling though. The current Hallowed Ground looks awful and is barely visible when on the battlefield. 

True enough, I miss my "Fuzzy Carpet of Doom"

in warframe trailers (or any game for that matter), the idea is to make the game look as good as possible...to make people want to start playing it. so they put stuff in that's not in the game so it will look awesome. people see it and say "WOW!!!! I GOTTA PLAY THIS GAME!!!!" doesn't matter if they stick with it or not as long as they get it and at least try it. it's called bait and switch in my book.

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

In the newest Prime trailer I noticed that Oberon seems to have this new effect on Hallowed Ground where it spawns a load of plants. Why is this not in the game? It looks so much better than the current Hallowed Ground we have now, which looks like watery vomit. Also, the ring on the top of the mace on the Silva & Aegis Prime, spins around when you hit enemies. This is not in the game either, it's completely static. 

Why did DE put these in the trailer if they don't appear in-game? This is false advertisement.

a04f9cb3478f48a88fe5b662176162cf.png

Edited by Roominashum
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/802321-oberon-prime-hotfix-2064/?do=findComment&comment=8724708

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

This is a completely different subject from the Earth remastering.

earth remaster gives foliage realistic physics when u walk over grass and such

so it'd make sense that they wait for that to be implemented so that plants on oberon's hallowed ground work the same

see now my child? =)

4 hours ago, Hemmo67 said:

earth remaster gives foliage realistic physics when u walk over grass and such

so it'd make sense that they wait for that to be implemented so that plants on oberon's hallowed ground work the same

see now my child? =)

yeah but Nidus' 4th ability already has this system