Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva farming / Riven system is what made me stop supporting Warframe.

LAGpWND

TL;TR

Simply put: Kuva farming / current implementation of Riven system is what kills the fun in Warframe for me. I won’t be supporting Warframe (and probably I’ll stop playing also) untill something changes in that regard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here I am. A long time player, fan and supporter of the game, now making a rant/feedback thread.

Much has been said  about the Rivens already, but still, every other day we can see a new topic popping up about the Rivens (or Kuva), created by yet another frustrated player who hit the wall with the Kuva farm and/or Riven system. After doing hundreds of Kuva siphon missions and wasting of hundreds of thousands (!) of Kuva on Riven rerolls – I had enough. For the first time in Warframe history, this burned me out.

Yes, in the process I managed to acquire Rivens for two old weapons which I like and roll some good stats for them (on 50th and 70th reroll respectively), but still, they are not exactly what I wanted. Those weapons still struggle or are not usable at sortie level missions. For some weapons, to make them good enough for high level content, you would have to have rolls in the range of 500%-1000% - ridiculous.   The idea behind riven system was to breathe fresh air into old and obscure weapons?  With the merciless RNG and amount of weapons involved – I don’t think so.  It’s either a lie or not well thought out idea. The whole system is frustrating and, in the end, unfun and unsatisfying, even if you manage to get good stats.

But the worst part in this is more often than not you will get nothing for your efforts. You  farm and farm and farm and later you waste everything on the rerolls – back to square one.  Even the hellish Hema grind was better than this, at least you had a goal you could reach – a ridiculous grind, but it can be achieved.

Riven system needs to change and ,as it has been already suggested by many others, locking the stats would be the natural thing to do.

But the real nail in the coffin in this Kuva/Riven system is the way we obtain Kuva itself.  The Kuva siphon missions are brain-dead and boring – after doing hundreds of them I won’t touch another Kuva siphon mission with a 10 foot pole.   There need to be alternative ways of obtaining Kuva.  Again, it has been also already suggested by many others, the most obvious thing would be for the Kuva to drop at the Kuva Fortress.

But where I’m going with all of this? Well, after so many years of playing  this is the first time Warframe has left me so frustrated, I felt I was wasting my time and simply put, I just did not have fun while playing.   Through the years I have been supporting the Warframe with plat purchases and sometimes even with PA purchases (even though I believe  PA is never worth the money and overpriced). I liked the game ,so I was supporting the continued development. 

Anyone wishing to reply to my post with a comment like “You don’t need Rivens”, “No one is forcing you to farm for Rivens/Kuva” , “Not every weapon has to be Soma Prime” or “You play too much Warframe ,take a break” –  please don’t.  These type of comments are pointless, you are playing devil’s advocate and us, frustrated players,  have heard all that before.  Thanks.  

Yes we get it. Rivens are not needed to complete any content in the game. But for players like me, who like to take the  frames and weapons to the maximum this system creates mostly frustration and unpleasant experiences – and that’s why I think it should change. In the end I would like that we let DE know how many of us feel and give pointers how to improve the situation. Taking a break from Warframe is a given. I have taken breaks of few months before, if I wouldn’t, I would be burned out by this game a long time ago (there is too little gameplay variety). I’m currently on my 4th month hiatus and I still don’t see any planned changes to the Kuva farm/Riven system.

6 minutes ago, LAGpWND said:

I heard that your Oberon Prime Access isn’t selling so well.

You got stats to back that one up?
I'm pretty sure dissatisfaction with the current state of the game has nothing to do with how well an Oberon Prime access pack would sell. It's Oberon.

1 hour ago, LAGpWND said:

I heard that your Oberon Prime Access isn’t selling so well. Your move DE.

See, like most people DE doesn't respond well to threats and mocking insults, feedback is one thing, even the negative kind, but this is pointless unacceptable verbal (textual?) abuse and I would not be surprised if they postponed any kuva revisions just to spite people too rude to say anything useful.

So, if you're gonna leave, goodbye, have a nice life.

1 hour ago, LAGpWND said:

TL;TR

Simply put: Kuva farming / current implementation of Riven system is what kills the fun in Warframe for me. I won’t be supporting Warframe (and probably I’ll stop playing also) untill something changes in that regard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here I am. A long time player, fan and supporter of the game, now making a rant/feedback thread.

Much has been said  about the Rivens already, but still, every other day we can see a new topic popping up about the Rivens (or Kuva), created by yet another frustrated player who hit the wall with the Kuva farm and/or Riven system. After doing hundreds of Kuva siphon missions and wasting of hundreds of thousands (!) of Kuva on Riven rerolls – I had enough. For the first time in Warframe history, this burned me out.

Yes, in the process I managed to acquire Rivens for two old weapons which I like and roll some good stats for them (on 50th and 70th reroll respectively), but still, they are not exactly what I wanted. Those weapons still struggle or are not usable at sortie level missions. For some weapons, to make them good enough for high level content, you would have to have rolls in the range of 500%-1000% - ridiculous.   The idea behind riven system was to breathe fresh air into old and obscure weapons?  With the merciless RNG and amount of weapons involved – I don’t think so.  It’s either a lie or not well thought out idea. The whole system is frustrating and, in the end, unfun and unsatisfying, even if you manage to get good stats.

But the worst part in this is more often than not you will get nothing for your efforts. You  farm and farm and farm and later you waste everything on the rerolls – back to square one.  Even the hellish Hema grind was better than this, at least you had a goal you could reach – a ridiculous grind, but it can be achieved.

Riven system needs to change and ,as it has been already suggested by many others, locking the stats would be the natural thing to do.

But the real nail in the coffin in this Kuva/Riven system is the way we obtain Kuva itself.  The Kuva siphon missions are brain-dead and boring – after doing hundreds of them I won’t touch another Kuva siphon mission with a 10 foot pole.   There need to be alternative ways of obtaining Kuva.  Again, it has been also already suggested by many others, the most obvious thing would be for the Kuva to drop at the Kuva Fortress. That, or anything else, but you have to give us other ways of farming Kuva DE, before some people blow their brains out.

But where I’m going with all of this? Well, after so many years of playing  this is the first time Warframe has left me so frustrated, I felt I was wasting my time and simply put, I just did not have fun while playing.   Through the years I have been supporting the Warframe with plat purchases and sometimes even with PA purchases (even though I believe  PA is never worth the money and overpriced). I liked the game ,so I was supporting the continued development. But no more. I won’t spend a dime on this game, until DE will make it fun again for us vets.

Anyone wishing to reply to my post with a comment like “You don’t need Rivens”, “No one is forcing you to farm for Rivens/Kuva” , “Not every weapon has to be Soma Prime” or “You play too much Warframe ,take a break” –  please don’t.  These type of comments are pointless, you are playing devil’s advocate and us, frustrated players,  have heard all that before.  Thanks.  

Yes we get it. Rivens are not needed to complete any content in the game. But for players like me, who like to take the  frames and weapons to the maximum this system creates mostly frustration and unpleasant experiences – and that’s why I think it should change. In the end I would like that we let DE know how many of us feel and give pointers how to improve the situation. Taking a break from Warframe is a given. I have taken breaks of few months before, if I wouldn’t, I would be burned out by this game a long time ago (there is too little gameplay variety). I’m currently on my 4th month hiatus and I still don’t see any planned changes to the Kuva farm/Riven system.

kuva needs to drop somewhere in the star chart, not alertium, not time gated, just make it drop in the kuva fortress so people will actually play the kuva fortress

Business is business. I'm sure Riven system makes people more willing to buy some platinum, and u can tell by the insane prices of those "godtier" Riven.

Yeah the whole Riven system depends on pure RNG which kinda sucks, but if DE changes how it works right now, those godtier Riven prices are gonna drop.

Personally I'd like to see some changes that u mentioned happen, like locking certain good stats so u can just reroll the bad ones and more ways to farm Kuva, I just dont think this is DE's priority though. 

As for Oberon Prime Access, many poeple expects its sales to be worse than other PA, simply because

1. Oberon is still one of the least popular frames  

2.The overall design of Oberon Prime & SilvaAegis Prime is way too far from what people expected  

3.Oberon got minor buffs 3 times in a row and still there is controversy about his rework and his current state.

I'll just chime in and say that yes, being able to lock in at least one stat will help immensely to deal with RNG. And yes, more ways to acquire kuva as well.

I don't agree that being able to lock in one stat will reduce the price of god-tier rivens. If you make it an actual goal, like after 50 re-rolls you can lock in a stat, then those of us working toward a perfect riven have some sense of progression. Most riven sellers only roll rivens 10-15 times at most and hope they get lucky. Thus the effort of getting a locked stat will keep riven prices more or less the same (not counting the prices normalizing after a time).

I love farming kuva... Gives me something to do. I dont mind it in the least. Wish we had harder missions with bigger kuva rewards...

Also, really really enjoy rolling rivens. Sometimes i get lucky... Sometimes i have to roll a riven 20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90  loooooool times. So what... That just means i gotta play the game. I lvl equipment and test builds in the process... Its fun.

However, if u don't enjoy it... DONT DO IT. 

Problem solved.

Also....

Obe prime is sweet

Silva and aegis prime BEST WEAPON in the game

Sybaris Prime is just plain sexy... My opinion ofc.

But...

SEXY.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

4 hours ago, LAGpWND said:

TL;TR

But the real nail in the coffin in this Kuva/Riven system is the way we obtain Kuva itself.  The Kuva siphon missions are brain-dead and boring – after doing hundreds of them I won’t touch another Kuva siphon mission with a 10 foot pole.   There need to be alternative ways of obtaining Kuva.  Again, it has been also already suggested by many others, the most obvious thing would be for the Kuva to drop at the Kuva Fortress. That, or anything else, but you have to give us other ways of farming Kuva DE, before some people blow their brains out.

But where I’m going with all of this? Well, after so many years of playing  this is the first time Warframe has left me so frustrated, I felt I was wasting my time and simply put, I just did not have fun while playing.   Through the years I have been supporting the Warframe with plat purchases and sometimes even with PA purchases (even though I believe  PA is never worth the money and overpriced). I liked the game ,so I was supporting the continued development. But no more. I won’t spend a dime on this game, until DE will make it fun again for us vets.

I'd like some alternative ways to obtain riven themselves. 
After crafting 310+ gear pieces ( 40 of which are frames...so about 270 weapons... ~ ) and doing sorties almost every day ( and I say almost simply cause the system is discouraging ) I still either get a riven for a weird, unknown ,terribly underpowered grineer weapon I never heard of and I obviouly don't have or for a sentinel weapon....all implying sorties are generous enough to give you a riven as reward instead of ayatan.

+1 OP

For me...i did until today ZERO Kuva missions... ZERO !!

I regret to use this "shabby and choppy" done operator skill system, to bash some clouds. 😒

Never will use it until they change it.

And yes...kuva should "drop" somewhere & collectable just by using my "frame".

I hate the operator system ~ feels unfinished, just like Archwing (which i also do not play). 2 × Dead Game content for me.

The game does not revolve around Rivens. I don't understand why people "burn themselves out" doing something they don't enjoy just because their current roll is 15% below "maximum".

If you are a player that must "take everything to the maximum" then the problem is you, not the game. stop blaming the game for having something that is "optional" and turning it into something that is "needed" in order to do anything or to progress.

So what happens when you roll a "perfect" Riven for ONE weapon? Move to the next one? Complain now you have to grind another Riven? And when you have 60 of them? Complain for lack of more Riven slots because not every weapon you own has a Riven in it?

Can you please explain to me since you have to take "everything to the maximum" when the madness ends? because by that very definition it NEVER would.

I agree with the OP. I've over 4000hrs playing this game I have loved for years. I've also put hundreds of £ (UK) into the game, partly to give something back to DE for such a great game and partly to enhance my own enjoyment. I now play Sorties for Rivens because there is not much left to interest me. I've been banging on about this for too long now and I'm becoming a bore but I'll say it one last time, I can't even get Rivens. I too am thinking about taking a long break from Warframe and I'm searching for something to replace it. If I find something to replace it I'll just cut my losses and visit occasionally. 'Big deal' I hear you say, 'goodbye, you won't be missed' etc but I think that it's sad. Please DE listen to your players and spend less time promoting yourselves as media personalities. I know that sounds unfair and uncool but that's the way I feel.

Kinda on topic, but rivens aren't endgame- helping the new batch of players is (atleast for me). Before the introduction of rivens, I spent a LOT of time on lower level missions helping newer players and getting them setup, and do acknowledge that rivens have changed this for me as it plays into feeling overpowered and gives you a sense of power over end-game enemies that's not otherwise acheivable through the normal mod system, but please don't substitute warframe into rivenframe.

18 hours ago, Darkvramp said:

destiny 2 is coming out this year

Remember 2014, when Destiny came out and it was supposed to be the Warframe killer?

So some people are not liking Riven and the Kuva farming / system? Ok i can understand that, but no one is forcing you to play those missions, Riven are a nice addition to the game since some of them "fixes" poorly performed weapons, and the really strong ones barely get any extra benefit over regular mods.

The most important rule when you do anything for enjoyment is to enjoy yourself. Some people like to manipulate the market, some people enjoy number crunching or even playing a different "role" in the game. If you are being bored take a step back and reevaluate what you think is fun and focus on that.

21 hours ago, Chipputer said:

You got stats to back that one up?
I'm pretty sure dissatisfaction with the current state of the game has nothing to do with how well an Oberon Prime access pack would sell. It's Oberon.

Ha! I forgot how heavily moderated the official forums are. But this time, to my surprise , I actually agree with the unknown moderator who removed my snarky remark on the Oberon Access, lol, seeing how easily it stirred some feathers, even though I meant it as a bad joke more than anything else.

BTW, mr. moderator, why did my thead land in missions&levels feedback, when it's rather general view on the Riven/Kuva system and not only feedback on the siphon mission?

20 hours ago, Xekrin said:

See, like most people DE doesn't respond well to threats and mocking insults, feedback is one thing, even the negative kind, but this is pointless unacceptable verbal (textual?) abuse and I would not be surprised if they postponed any kuva revisions just to spite people too rude to say anything useful.

So, if you're gonna leave, goodbye, have a nice life.

“Threats”? “Insults”? “Unacceptable”? “Abuse”?  ..oh my. It must feel really great and comfy in that safe space of yours ,sir.  

I already have a  nice life, thank you.  :crylaugh:

20 hours ago, bronzebonobo said:

kuva needs to drop somewhere in the star chart, not alertium, not time gated, just make it drop in the kuva fortress so people will actually play the kuva fortress

I know ,right? It would help the with Kuva problemI know ,right? It would help the with Kuva problem tremendously. tremendously.

19 hours ago, Darkvramp said:

I can whole hardheartedly agree, warframe needs to step it up, destiny 2 is coming out this year and that game look all the more promising now that warframe is starting to degrade.

It’s sad ,but I have to agree.

Edited by LAGpWND

19 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I love farming kuva... Gives me something to do. I dont mind it in the least. Wish we had harder missions with bigger kuva rewards...

Also, really really enjoy rolling rivens. Sometimes i get lucky... Sometimes i have to roll a riven 20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90  loooooool times. So what... That just means i gotta play the game. I lvl equipment and test builds in the process... Its fun.

However, if u don't enjoy it... DONT DO IT.

Problem solved

snip

At first I thought you were joking, but I guess you really mean it. It’s great that enjoy kuva siphons, I’m happy for you. Sadly there are many players like me who can’t stand them anymore and that’s why I strongly believe that there should be more ways of acquiring Kuva. Variety is always good.

Maybe you haven’t noticed it in my post, but I have clearly stated that I don’t enjoy doing it and that’s why I stopped doing it.  But the problem is not solved.

16 hours ago, P0Pz said:

+1 OP

For me...i did until today ZERO Kuva missions... ZERO !!

I regret to use this "shabby and choppy" done operator skill system, to bash some clouds. 😒

Never will use it until they change it.

And yes...kuva should "drop" somewhere & collectable just by using my "frame".

I hate the operator system ~ feels unfinished, just like Archwing (which i also do not play). 2 × Dead Game content for me.

What irks me the most about all this is that the Kuva&Rivens were supposed to revitalize the game, but because everything was (yet again) shoehorned into a simplistic and very repetitive mechanic, that idea was and is being squandered.  What’s worse ,I think that for many players it had the opposite effect and is close to being the last straw.

Edited by LAGpWND

25 minutes ago, LAGpWND said:

At first I thought you were joking, but I guess you really mean it. It’s great that enjoy kuva siphons that’s great, I’m happy for you. Sadly there are many players like me who can’t stand them anymore and that’s why I strongly believe that there should be more ways of acquiring Kuva. Variety is always good.

Maybe you haven’t noticed it in my post, but I have clearly stated that I don’t enjoy doing it and that’s why I stopped doing it.  But the problem is not solved.

What irks me the most about all this is that the Kuva&Rivens were supposed to revitalize the game, but because everything was (yet again) shoehorned into a simplistic and very repetitive mechanic, that idea was and is being squandered.  What’s worse ,I think that for many players it had the opposite effect and is close to being the last straw.

Thats ur opinion yes.

11 hours ago, DSpite said:

The game does not revolve around Rivens. I don't understand why people "burn themselves out" doing something they don't enjoy just because their current roll is 15% below "maximum".

If you are a player that must "take everything to the maximum" then the problem is you, not the game. stop blaming the game for having something that is "optional" and turning it into something that is "needed" in order to do anything or to progress.

So what happens when you roll a "perfect" Riven for ONE weapon? Move to the next one? Complain now you have to grind another Riven? And when you have 60 of them? Complain for lack of more Riven slots because not every weapon you own has a Riven in it?

Can you please explain to me since you have to take "everything to the maximum" when the madness ends? because by that very definition it NEVER would.

Thanks for the input (nah..not really), but your reply is the definition of the “You don’t need Rivens” type of comments ,which I mentioned in my original post and which I wanted to avoid here, because what it only does is  to create verbal “food fights”.

Myself I wonder, if it’s more annoying or surprising that after so many months and after so much has been said already on the subject, still the players like you are unable to understand the viewpoint of players like me.  There is no “madness” and there is no search for the “perfect riven”. I never said I “have to take everything to the maximum”. I said I like to take things to the maximum, which is a big difference.  It  loosely translates to the fact that I like to mod and use optimal builds on my frames and weapons. Builds that suit my playstyle and make weapons sortie level usable; that will bring the most out of  said frames and weapons.  It may be surprising to you, but some people actually enjoy doing that. Where is the “madness” you speak of?

Riven/Kuva system brought the idea that we will be able to use our old favourites for high level content. I really like this idea, but with the current implementation of Rivens/Kuva this will never happen ,at least not on an individual player level.

The idea is great, but the implementation is bad and should be changed to improve the experience of large portion of the playerbase.

6 hours ago, CorerMaximus said:

Kinda on topic, but rivens aren't endgame- helping the new batch of players is (atleast for me). Before the introduction of rivens, I spent a LOT of time on lower level missions helping newer players and getting them setup, and do acknowledge that rivens have changed this for me as it plays into feeling overpowered and gives you a sense of power over end-game enemies that's not otherwise acheivable through the normal mod system, but please don't substitute warframe into rivenframe.

I agree, Rivens are not end game. But they were supposed to bring the crappy and forgotten weapons to end game. Somehow I don’t see it happening, at least not on an individual level and not for the weapons you really want.

59 minutes ago, LAGpWND said:

I agree, Rivens are not end game. But they were supposed to bring the crappy and forgotten weapons to end game. Somehow I don’t see it happening, at least not on an individual level and not for the weapons you really want.

True, breaking the meta is quite hard as often times, we've already invested 5-7 forma into a weapon and don't want to go through that again for a new weapon because we got a riven. 

On 6/2/2017 at 9:13 AM, DSpite said:

The game does not revolve around Rivens. I don't understand why people "burn themselves out" doing something they don't enjoy just because their current roll is 15% below "maximum"...

It's very simple so let me explain. In any RPG including warframe one of the goals for players is to gain power. In warframe specifically this journey begins with leveling mods. Followed by acquiring stronger weapons. Then you forma those weapons, then you realize there are stronger mods out there.

For players that have done all these things, the vets, the next iteration of upgrades are rivens. They will take your boom stick and take it to that next level. This is why players are bothering with rivens, it's just the next upgrade in a line of upgrades. People keep saying it's optional, and yes it is. Just as optional as you upgrading serration to rank 10. There's literally no difference conceptually.

But there is a significant difference in implementation. Rivens are purely RNG based and what I am asking for is an added progression mechanic to rivens via locking at least one stat after x-rolls. Until that happens people will continue to burn themselves out. I got tired of farming kuva and I got tired of sitting in trade chat putting up a WTB offer. There is no recourse, and trade is not a universal solution when you're looking for a specific combination of stats.

I constantly see players write "I don't even bother with the riven/kuva system, leave it as is don't change anything". I don't get this mentality, if these players do not partake in this aspect of gameplay how can they give feedback on it, or insist that the system is okay as is. Eventually they will reach the level of vets, where they have everything and the only thing left to upgrade is their riven mod. When those players reach that level I think they too will benefit from the many suggestions made by players in regards to riven RNG and kuva acquisition.

1 minute ago, TaylorsContraction said:

But there is a significant difference in implementation. Rivens are purely RNG based and what I am asking for is an added progression mechanic to rivens via locking at least one stat after x-rolls.

This isn't a good idea, as it is.

The playerbase is already sick of so-called, "mandatory," mods. What you're suggesting would simply lead to a mandatory loadout on every riven for each specific weapon. Yours is a short sighted solution brought on by the fact that you've already tried too hard to partake of a system that rewards each participant an equal amount no matter how long they've invested in it.