The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Prime vs Kuva survival 90 min solo

---Cayde-6---

7 minutes ago, Fliktor06 said:

So you use naramon to exclusively do 3 critical attacks only?

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

How do you use this effectively? I never even considered trying this.

Avenger set + Grace set, cast that thing once and you have permanent +30% crit and permanent life regen without need to get hit. It also doesnt count zenistar disc as melee hits so you can still throw that out without losing your perma active arcanes.

1 hour ago, tutzdes said:

Vazarin is more of a team-focused school, Madurai is offensive and Unairu is just meh.

No argument here... Since the Glen mentioned Passives, that's what I addressed directly.

The passives of the other schools are mostly offensive... and offense is redundant as players typically have their frames and multiple weapons modded for it anyway.

Oberon's energy consumption is going to encourage the use of Energy Overflow.

Players that generally don't want to fritter with it all too much are going to lean in the same direction anyway and that's going to be overkill for some frames/setups.

For may part, I'd rather see the devs talking about how they can bring the other three schools up to par, then talk about tuning.

It needs to be iterative, because the lenses either didn't come easy or they didn't come cheap and it took time to invest in the chosen Schools.

...That's just my opinion though.

54 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

This makes quite a big difference, main reason I've been using exclusively naramon for months.

6666.png

I have to admit I didn't understand this until you tacked on how you used it...

26 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

Avenger set + Grace set, cast that thing once and you have permanent +30% crit and permanent life regen without need to get hit. It also doesnt count zenistar disc as melee hits so you can still throw that out without losing your perma active arcanes.

This is an insane synergy and rather ingenius :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

Avenger set + Grace set

Yeah, making an ability somewhat useful for what, 0,1% of player population? It's not like full arcane sets are common, given how "popular" raids are. 

45 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Yeah, making an ability somewhat useful for what, 0,1% of player population? It's not like full arcane sets are common, given how "popular" raids are. 

Sounds like the issue should be making the trials more popular and engaging for players.

7 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

That's pretty great but I have to admit whenever I do endurance runs with Zenurik Energy Overflow or Naramon Shadow Step it feels like cheating. I wonder how far you can go with one of the other Focus schools instead?

Interesting (and moderately reassuring) that the staff recognizes not only how powerful these school are (specifically Shadow Step and Energy Overflow), but that you also recognize the sheer power gap between them and the other schools enough to point out that there would be more of a challenge were the OP using one of them. 

I sincerely hope that you take everything into consideration when reworking focus, and not only making things like SS and EO less powerful (obviously SS needs a nerf, with how disgustingly strong it is, and EO could use a bit of re-balancing as well), but also making things like Unairu's armor buff and enemy debuffs more useful than they are now. 

I'm going to make this my last post on the subject of Focus schools in this thread as the thread's intent is supposed to be an Oberon "feel good" moment...

My apologies to @-VV-Anna8bit for contributing to the derailment.

10 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

YMMV... Any setup is of varying efficiency/value based on frame, playstyle, and content. Likewise, the popularity of raids to people who sell arcanes doesn't appear to have diminished much.

So it boils down to whether you have the money, luck, or wish to use it...

I would say that a setup like that would propel a high health characters (Like Inaros, funnily enough) to near god-like ranks though.

Shame you can't hide syndanas... I'd pick up some of the arcane sets in a heartbeat if syndanas could be hidden (I detest capes).

I could see Oberon making great use of it too in conjunction with a Rage mod.

5 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Shame you can't hide syndanas... I'd pick up some of the arcane sets in a heartbeat if syndanas could be hidden (I detest capes).

You could use Ki'teer Raza syandana. It's very minimalistic compared to most of the syandanas. Or the Telos or Vaykor Syandana.

KiTeerRazzaSyandana.pngSyndicateAHScarf.png SyndicateSMScarf.png

8 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

That's pretty great but I have to admit whenever I do endurance runs with Zenurik Energy Overflow or Naramon Shadow Step it feels like cheating. I wonder how far you can go with one of the other Focus schools instead?

Zenurik works very well with that build but Its not hard to do run 1hr or more with madurai/atterax/pox/pizzas and my oberon tank build

9 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

You did not one hit a level 200 Bombard. 

Oberon is still trash. 

Commendable, even though I still don't think I'd like Oberon. You barely had energy that entire time, and could barely move. He certainly seems useful, though. 

Are you using a generic build, or a special one? If you have a link, I'd like to see it. 

my main build is

Aura - Growing Power
Exilus - Cunning Drift  
Mods - Transient Fortitude
Streamline
Primed Flow
Fleeting Expertise
Intensify
Overextended
Strech
Hallowed Reckonning

(skill #4 and #1 to damage and CC  and i spam skill #2/#4  to strip armor and kill heavy armored enemies)

and im testing this one,a tank build

9 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

All it takes is a combo of Rage and Phoenix Renewal to completely not worry about any focus passives you have, anyway. Every 90 seconds you get a free top off. I've taken to using Madurai or Vazarin, lately, and I barely notice the difference until some CC heavy frame causes the enemies to never fire at me.

This is on Oberon, at least.

with renewal build (Rage mod a must)  and 200% strength along with growing power, zenurik lens and energy return weapons, basically ANY sentinel with a sweeper prime equipped, oberon is amazing.  All it requires is for you to fall on some youtube video where someone shows build and plays live for you to understand.  in the void i can buff up armor to 1004, get hit and gain back energy.  It just takes brains to sustain with oberon almost like banshee, stop hating a frame you can't be good with, press 4 to win is getting old, new frame mechanics are slowly coming to us so get used to using your brains a little more than looking cool and using your favorite weapons all the time.  If i went with all the negative feedbacks on oberon i would never get him. with S&A built right he tears down.  armor buff scales only when you know cast order of your abilities combined with a certain amount of enemies dealing radiation on hallowed ground, it only took me a day to understand.  So like Vance said "before you tart talking #$%^ go try it out."

11 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

Oh please don't. DE, just buff the other Focus school to their level. Please?

And what happens next? The enemies are buffed beyond repair and people who choose not to play with focus on mind are punished for it.

33 minutes ago, Gorila_Azul said:

And what happens next? The enemies are buffed beyond repair and people who choose not to play with focus on mind are punished for it.

That makes no sense. Passive energy regen and invisblity dont equal stronger enemies. Especially when you consider the reason these passives are used the most is cause enhance solo play and allow you to use your abilites without a trin or spamming energy pizzas every 3 to 5 minutes.

14 minutes ago, Newnight said:

That makes no sense. Passive energy regen and invisblity dont equal stronger enemies. Especially when you consider the reason these passives are used the most is cause enhance solo play and allow you to use your abilites without a trin or spamming energy pizzas every 3 to 5 minutes.

If all the schools are brought to the level of Shadow Step and Energy Overflow, the game becomes trivial at any level and the enemies will have to be buffed to catch up to our new strengths to keep up a challenge. Instead of everything being useless or everything being overkill, there should be a middle ground, so that we can have more gameplay choices and the scaling doesn't take a hit in the process.

14 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

No its not cheating. You have to spend hours upon hours not only finishing all the quests needed, but also hours and hours grind several hundred thousand focus (which require lens from grinding sortie RNG which is locked on a once a day timer). People who have built these focus schools up deserve to be powerful. Why do you people think that our hundreds of hours of gameplay should be rewarded with a slight increase in power or ability. I spend hours and hours leveling my warframe, primary, secondary, melee several times over to forma. I grind up focus schools, syndicates, and resources so I can get stronger. I should be able to easily decimate my enemies after this. Its endgame, I'm suppose to be powerful. Its also ***PVE***, no one is getting hurt by me being strong. How about you work on making the other schools better? No one should spend a disgusting amount of game time working on their unairu school only to be met with a trivial buff to their ability. 50% chance to stun the weakest enemy in the game when you somehow let them get near you? Give me a break. 12% armor bonus? So 72 bonus armor on valkyr, one of the highest base armor in the game? Pathetic. None of this is worth the time and effort to max out, whereas zenurik and naramon are actually useful. So what is your plan, to make these useless too so focus schools are a pointless long grind? How about you play without cheating from level 0 with nothing and actually realize how long it takes to obtain this stuff. Of course you think its overpowered or cheating because you don't have to work for it.

sorry:heart:

14 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

Hello. Im pretty sure its very possible to go vs lvl200 with no Focus, but the problem is wasting 2 hrs to reach those level. Could you please make a permanent node with lvl200 enemies and have Focus disabled there. The power-creep made the game a completely casual cheesfest so even sorties like yesterday eximus survivals are barely challenging and no one wants to waste 2 hrs in endless to reach highlevels..Just one node for people to test themselves right away, veteran players would appreciate.

Also players been asking for an endless mode where you dont have an objective other than killing. Imagine 'Endless exterminate' where say every 50 kills levels go up drastically and every 150 kills is reward rotation. Very straightforward, very easy to implement and lots of players been asking for it since 2013 - it will be popular, Just make levels scale quick.

Huh , I was always under the impression that Oberon is or rather with his new rework , the jack of all trades but more so the "squishy frame's best friend." By utilizing his ability to give them a certain number of armor points once or assuming if they step on his hallowed ground.

Your build looks amazing , just I don't think I could run around without any Health / Armor mods on with shadow stalker or Harvey going after me at a random moment. You know , since they can dispel abilities.

Impressive none-the-less

On 6/3/2017 at 10:16 AM, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Just buff the others. Naro and Zen are fine :laugh:

No, they`re not fine.

Infinite energy and invisibility.

Do you even listen to yourselves?

smh

Good thing Nara was implied on several occasions to be receiving a nerf. I can proudly say i never used it.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

No, they`re not fine.

smh

Good thing Nara was implied on several occasions to be receiving a nerf. I can proudly say i never used it.

Hows the weather up there on that lofty pedestal?

Nerfing in this case is the wrong answer, why not buff enemy A.I. or add more enemies.  Instead of taking tools away why not add more uses for them other then to simplify content? 

Edited by achromos
meant 'is' not isn't ... lol.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

No, they`re not fine.

smh

Trin is infinite energy aswell so thats  a nerf needed right?

proud to say never used her more then once 

Edited by ShadowStalker

35 minutes ago, achromos said:

Hows the weather up there on that lofty pedestal?

Nerfing in this case is the wrong answer, why not buff enemy A.I. or add more enemies.  Instead of taking tools away why not add more uses for them other then to simplify content? 

18 minutes ago, ShadowStalker said:

Trin is infinite energy aswell so thats  a nerf needed right?

proud to say never used her more then once 

In all honesty, I can get behind Zenurik, specially considering energy leeching eximi and whatnot. I use it with all of my frames and don't switch. See, I`m not on that lofty pedestal BUT I can also see the other side of it and could get behind a nerf as well.

Now Naramon is a joke, it trivializes every content and turns every warframe into the same thing: A perma invisible killing machine that isn`t even affected by nullifiers. it's a complete joke. Anyone defending Naramon is comletely unreasonable and is far from helping this game

All in all most people fail at being reasonable on WF forums almost all of the time; promoting their personal agendas and saying 'F you' to the rest.

1 hour ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

In all honesty, I can get behind Zenurik, specially considering energy leeching eximi and whatnot. I use it with all of my frames and don't switch. See, I`m not on that lofty pedestal BUT I can also see the other side of it and could get behind a nerf as well.

Now Naramon is a joke, it trivializes every content and turns every warframe into the same thing: A perma invisible killing machine that isn`t even affected by nullifiers. it's a complete joke. Anyone defending Naramon is comletely unreasonable and is far from helping this game

All in all most people fail at being reasonable on WF forums almost all of the time; promoting their personal agendas and saying 'F you' to the rest.

if your so reasonable then give ME A BETTER reason why naramon is bad for the game then the standard "its cheese" BS