Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doomsknight

Efficient armor-stripping weapons ?

Recommended Posts

U cant expect everyone in ur team to equip CP, especially when u r solo, so guys, what's your favourite armor-stripping weapons and how fast do them strip armor completely ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, it's anything with a high rate of fire and high chance to proc, corrosive of course. In theory, Braton Prime would work well. Tysis also has a base 50% chance to proc, so if you add corrosive to that, well it can quickly strip the armour of enemies, though I don't really like it because is does very laughable damage and a slow rate of fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My go-to has become the Hema. With pure elemental damage at its base and a very high status chance, this gun is insane. I got a powerful riven for it too and it easily strips/kills even at very high levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strun Wraith. With a Riven for 173% multi and 130% crit chance, it 3-4 shots level 145 gunners with full armor.

High pellet count, sequential reload (which is amazing for multiple enemies)m good crit stats, can build Corrosive/Fire instead of Corrosive/Blast due to high status. Extremely versatile weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any high status AR, or beam weapon will work. Shotguns work too, but it's kinda iffy, and most of the time they die in one shot anyone so it doesn't matter. 

Personally I like using the Tigris prime on high level stuff like sorties or kuva floods. And for low level I'll use the braton prime 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Doomerang said:

U cant expect everyone in ur team to equip CP, especially when u r solo, so guys, what's your favourite armor-stripping weapons and how fast do them strip armor completely ?

Akstilleto's with all dual status mods with corrosive, and blast. Not only does each bullet proc corrosive and strip armor, blast procs knock down enemies in a AoE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Magneu said:

Strun Wraith. With a Riven for 173% multi and 130% crit chance, it 3-4 shots level 145 gunners with full armor.

High pellet count, sequential reload (which is amazing for multiple enemies)m good crit stats, can build Corrosive/Fire instead of Corrosive/Blast due to high status. Extremely versatile weapon.

^This.

This info may be old because I haven't been very active, but last I heard shotguns still have a bug/feature where once you get the U.I. to report 100% proc rate, it actually procs every single pellet every single time making shotguns very good for armor stripping. Must be 100%, 99% won't do it.

Strun Wraith is decent stats, can hit 100% with the damage/status mods and has a good pellet count.

Add in any riven with multishot and you have a monster anti-armor weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boar Prime with 100% status and corrosive proc but its usable mainly on bosses. Most feeder unit dies before they have their armors fully stripped, and eximus units are a pain in the &#! if you want to shred them each.

Ignis Wraith with corrosive is also good for hectic survivals, but again, takes too long imo.

Akstilleto Prime with corrosive is a good option for secondary.

Armor stripping weapons usually consume too much ammo, requiring ammo mutation or carrier to be equipped. Most of the time i bring armor stripping frame if i really need to strip armors. Oberon and Ash can do the job fine enough for me. Otherwise i just try to bypass the armor completely through finishers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any fast melee with Impact Dmg, put Shattering Impact on there.    Banshee syndicate mod and 1 do a good job.    Any fast fire weapon w corrosive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tysis is a good armor-stripping weapon, with it's high status chance and I think innate corrosive dmg(it's either that or innate toxin, which is just as good). My personal favorite is a corrosive-modded dual toxocyst, though it's mainly a riven mod that makes my toxocyst good, and it takes more skill to use than your average secondary.

If you're looking for a primary weapon, both boar prime and strun wraith will strip armor beautifully fast (it's quite easy to achieve 100% status on both without a riven).

Melees can equip shattering impact, which can strip armor, though in my opinion you'd be better off modding your melee for slash procs at that point.

Warframes who can proc corrosive are banshee and hydroid, to name them off the top of my head, and I'm sure there's others, just none that I can confirm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

^This.

This info may be old because I haven't been very active, but last I heard shotguns still have a bug/feature where once you get the U.I. to report 100% proc rate, it actually procs every single pellet every single time making shotguns very good for armor stripping. Must be 100%, 99% won't do it.

Strun Wraith is decent stats, can hit 100% with the damage/status mods and has a good pellet count.

Add in any riven with multishot and you have a monster anti-armor weapon.

It's not a bug, and it's if you can reach 100% status before adding multi shot mods. Then every pellet will proc one of the available statuses (IPS plus whatever elements you have)

edit/second thought:

hence why the Tigris prime with all four dual stat mods and sweeping serration (to weight procs towards slash) is the single most powerful single shot weapon in the game right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kohm (with riven to reach 100% status), Hema, Pox, Akstiletto prime. These are armor strip weapons I generally use. Kohm being my main primary.

And props to Tigris prime for ignoring armor completely using Viral to half their health and slash procs that bleed them out with the armor still intact. Used it a lot before I got my Kohm riven

Added note for why I use the Kohm over the Tigris prime, strun wraith, and Boar prime. 
While it is on the weaker side for a single target it can lock down and shred large groups of enemies all at once with Corrosive and blast, keeping my Nova prime safe in most situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Torid. Great for choke points and applying status in general; Corrosive/Blast is pretty hilarious.

Otherwise Akstiletto Prime is good. Hear Pox is pretty neat as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pox isn't just pretty neat. Pox is an ultimate corroder that strips away all armor from a high level heavy unit in just 4 throws of 100% status Pox pods. Use corrosive with fire to additionally CC them in small groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Primaries:

Shotguns that reach 100% status before multishot, namely Tigris Prime, Boar Prime, Strun Wraith. Riven Close ones include standard Tigris, Vaykor Hek, Kohm.

Small caliber fast firerate guns. Prisma Grakata comes to mind for its crit potential, Tenora is great, Braton and Burston Prime work really well.

Pure elemental guns with decent to good status, including mainly Paracyst, Torid and Hema. Another notable example is the Zarr despite it being an explosive, due to its cluster mechanic that allows it to proc multiple times per shot.

Secondaries:

For the first category we basically only hàve Akbronco Prime with a riven.

For the second we have a number of contestants. Hikou Prime come to mind, so do Akstiletto Prime, as those are probably some of the nest of the bunch.

For the last category we have the Tysis which is an old glory and the Pox which came out recently that stand out.

Melees:

Here it's either shredding or bypassing.

Shredding is done in two ways: if the weapon has impact damage and moderate status, you might want to use Shattering Impact. If the weapon doesn't have impact and/or has high status, just go for Corrosive. Both of these require one of two things: extreme attack speed or extreme range. That's due to the fact that armour shredding is done mainly through a massive number of hits per second. It doesn't really matter wheter you'te doing it on only 1-2 targets or on 5-8 together. What changes is only the spread of kills, in that the first case will have a more consistent stream of kills, while the second will have a period of "drought" followed by a spike of kills in a cycle.

For range Lacera and Secura Lecta come to mind as top contenders. For extreme attack speed nothing beats Dual Ichor and Ninkondi. Vaylor Sydon is am excellent hybrid with great range and attack speed.

Then there's bypassong which is done by either forcing Bleed procs or Finishers. Finishers come mainly from specific stance combos (ie Crimson Dervish and Vulpine Masl hold RMB combos), frame powers or channeled parries and thus i will leave them out of the discussion. Bleed procs require only one thing: a dexent status chance and most of the phisival portion of the damage in Slash. You'll generally wantto use Viral as elememt with those so as to halve the HPs of targets. Crits make it a lot better, and a fast attack speed is only a plus.

Notable examples: Dual Kamas Prime for crit and speed, Destreza for crit and speed (combo forces slash procs), Galatine Prime for crits, Atterax for even more crits and speed, Nami Solo for crit and speed, Tonbo for speed and range, Lesion for speed and range.

Orthos Prime is a weird beast in that the combination of its humongous range and it's incredibly high attack speed makes it incredibly suited for weird builds. Ie i've been running a crit build with Primed Reach and Shattering Impact in place of Organ Shatter that is incredibly effective because of how the stance tends to hit the head. There is a lot you can do with that weapon, it's extremely flexible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Primaries:

Shotguns that reach 100% status before multishot, namely Tigris Prime, Boar Prime, Strun Wraith. Riven Close ones include standard Tigris, Vaykor Hek, Kohm.

Small caliber fast firerate guns. Prisma Grakata comes to mind for its crit potential, Tenora is great, Braton and Burston Prime work really well.

Pure elemental guns with decent to good status, including mainly Paracyst, Torid and Hema. Another notable example is the Zarr despite it being an explosive, due to its cluster mechanic that allows it to proc multiple times per shot.

Secondaries:

For the first category we basically only hàve Akbronco Prime with a riven.

For the second we have a number of contestants. Hikou Prime come to mind, so do Akstiletto Prime, as those are probably some of the nest of the bunch.

For the last category we have the Tysis which is an old glory and the Pox which came out recently that stand out.

Melees:

Here it's either shredding or bypassing.

Shredding is done in two ways: if the weapon has impact damage and moderate status, you might want to use Shattering Impact. If the weapon doesn't have impact and/or has high status, just go for Corrosive. Both of these require one of two things: extreme attack speed or extreme range. That's due to the fact that armour shredding is done mainly through a massive number of hits per second. It doesn't really matter wheter you'te doing it on only 1-2 targets or on 5-8 together. What changes is only the spread of kills, in that the first case will have a more consistent stream of kills, while the second will have a period of "drought" followed by a spike of kills in a cycle.

For range Lacera and Secura Lecta come to mind as top contenders. For extreme attack speed nothing beats Dual Ichor and Ninkondi. Vaylor Sydon is am excellent hybrid with great range and attack speed.

Then there's bypassong which is done by either forcing Bleed procs or Finishers. Finishers come mainly from specific stance combos (ie Crimson Dervish and Vulpine Masl hold RMB combos), frame powers or channeled parries and thus i will leave them out of the discussion. Bleed procs require only one thing: a dexent status chance and most of the phisival portion of the damage in Slash. You'll generally wantto use Viral as elememt with those so as to halve the HPs of targets. Crits make it a lot better, and a fast attack speed is only a plus.

Notable examples: Dual Kamas Prime for crit and speed, Destreza for crit and speed (combo forces slash procs), Galatine Prime for crits, Atterax for even more crits and speed, Nami Solo for crit and speed, Tonbo for speed and range, Lesion for speed and range.

Orthos Prime is a weird beast in that the combination of its humongous range and it's incredibly high attack speed makes it incredibly suited for weird builds. Ie i've been running a crit build with Primed Reach and Shattering Impact in place of Organ Shatter that is incredibly effective because of how the stance tends to hit the head. There is a lot you can do with that weapon, it's extremely flexible.

Wow thx for the details, and when I saw u mentioned finisher damage I thought of Ash, and even though Blade Storm got nerfed, he's still one of the best solutions to high level armor scaling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Doomerang said:

Wow thx for the details, and when I saw u mentioned finisher damage I thought of Ash, and even though Blade Storm got nerfed, he's still one of the best solutions to high level armor scaling.

Night Equinox with a Covert Lethality dagger winks at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Doomerang said:

Wow thx for the details, and when I saw u mentioned finisher damage I thought of Ash, and even though Blade Storm got nerfed, he's still one of the best solutions to high level armor scaling.

Well yeah, Ash has all skills geared towards bypassing and negating high armour scaling.

His Shurikens can completely strip armour with an augment.

His Bladestorm is pure Finisher damage with Bleed damage, self-explainatory. Go to move: use Steel Charge (USE IT!) and for giggles Venka Prime for the increased combo multiplier.

Teleport is a finisher served on a silver platter, this too is self-explainatory. Go to move: pick any single dagger with Covert Lethalty. I prefer Rakta/Dark Dagger for the Red Veil proc for energy and movement speed.

Smokescreen sinergses incredibly well with any melee that works by armour bypassing, due to the 8x stealth multiplier. Go to move: pick something slash based that hits hard, like a Galatine/Scindo Prime, of a Maiming Strike Atterax.

 

I wpuldn't really bring frames into the discussion because they complicate stuff a lot. Many of them have waysto counter scaling, in different ways. The ones i like the most (other than Ash) are:

- Banshee (resonance and/or sonic fracture OR savage silence): highest damage buff in the game by far and/or complete armour strip OR finishers on demand with extra damage

- Frost: the armour strip part of Avalanche is not so interesting, what is interesting is the combo between some very specific things. I run an icewave impedance control build. I use Galatine Prime. I blast them to the ground with my boar and slow them with IW, then i slide in and bleed them with the Galatine. At some point of them being knocked to the ground, when the unalerted state kicks in, you freeze them with Avalanche and let them die from stealthed bleed procs.

- Trinity (223%+ strenght with Abating Link): constant armour removal from any target under Link. Go to town.

- Hydroid (i'm serious btw - corroding barrage and/or puddle): blast  them to the ground with tempest barrage augmented, strip armour while you're at it, and go to town on the grounded and unalerted enemies. The puddle works similarly with two key differences, it's a bit more complex to use and doesn't reduce armour. What you want to do is grab stuff in the puddle, release them right away, bleed them while they're on the ground for unalerted, then grab them back into the puddle and keep them there until they die. Also great with Relentless Combination since your combo counter will keep rising.

- Night Equinox (spider nest calm&rage + peaceful provocation): i have a build that behaves like a CC tank and puts the map to sleep while also slowong and reducing incoming damage in an aura. Very nice to play with. Problem with that is finding a colour scheme that doesn't suck balls on her XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my choices:

primary: Tigris Prime with status + Corrosive build, on the few occasions the target survives all that slash damage, they lose their armour and either die from bleed proc or a follow-up shot. I take my Boomstick Prime everywhere in higher levels, though if you're going up against augmented armour Grineer, I'd say Corrosive Vaykor Hek might be better.

secondary: usually I go with my crit-build Lex Primes, but they can't strip armour, so my alternative is a well built Nukor/Mara Detron with Radiation/Viral build. heavy Grineer units like Bombards and Napalms are VERY weak to radiation, so you can kill them pretty quick even at higher levels.

Melee: pretty much anything with Condition Overload/Drifting Contact mods should work AFAIK, but i have a fun corrosive Shaku Build with Shattering Impact and Primed Fury; requires you to get uncomfortably close to the enemy, but about 6 hits and all their armour is gone.

I'd also like to mention the Sharpened Claws mod for Kavats: put it towards the left side of slots and your Kavat will dart around removing 100% of an enemy's armour instantly. it makes fighting Grineer a LOT easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Night Equinox with a Covert Lethality dagger winks at him.

IMO A Blade Storm build Ash still finishes the job much faster than a Equinox with a Covert Lethality dagger :-P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'd also like to mention the Sharpened Claws mod for Kavats: put it towards the left side of slots and your Kavat will dart around removing 100% of an enemy's armour instantly. it makes fighting Grineer a LOT easier.

I would love to bring my Kavat out more often only if it can pick up items for me... And Kavat AI needs some improvement, since it always rushs into mobs and gets itself killed rather than just follows me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say Silva Aegis Prime. You can kill level 80+ Heavy Gunner / Bombards with the Silva Aegis Prime in 2 - 3 swings? They typically die before you can even see them losing their armor. I've been having fun in sorties just slapping enemies. So i'd say its pretty efficient at armor removal. Though as I said can't really see them losing their armor because they die fast and before you even see the yellow disappearing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doomerang said:

IMO A Blade Storm build Ash still finishes the job much faster than a Equinox with a Covert Lethality dagger :-P

Finishers are of no use against health-oriented enemies. They tend to have several times more health than armored ones. Several severals.

I'm talking about lvl above 200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites