Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Ivara, Nidus, and Octavia parts tradeable? (Not a serious suggestion)

Gamma745

I know, I know, it most likely won't happen. I just want to share a thought that refused to leave my head.

I picked these three Frames since they drop in a mission that has a (some say quite high) chance to NOT give any part. So, making them tradeable would help people who have been unlucky to get them.

The problem is, if this happen, it would likely open the floodgate of "why other Frames aren't tradeable?".

With that in mind, I got some questions for everyone:

1. Do you see any other pros and cons in this?

2. Would you like it if this happens?

3. How is your luck on getting these frames?

It's simply RNG and in all honestly, what else do we relaly ahve to do in game then farm and grind stuff.

The game is build around RNG for the most part and does it still good for the most part for a F2P game.

If people not like it, they can buy them or people can gift them.

It's simple marketing and as muhc of a gridn wall some can be, i find it not as bad, since it is working as intented and opens up for peopel using plat which gives DE money, which they need since game has to run somehow.

I mena they maek it easeir even after awhile, consdier the old days, bosses as example only hada chance to drop a part, now oyu at least have one always at the end of the mission.

So they do care and think about such, but overall soemtiems like wtih Nidus, Ivara and so on, i mean, the game is easy enoguh as it is if you know what you are doing, Ivara as example can happen nearby thne farmign her directly which oyu never sohuld do honestly, just play the game.

Nidus on the other hand is painful since map not changes often and not much variety overall, misison idea is nice but poorly implented i say, while lets say Octavia at least gives variety on where to find which part and has some puzzle factor with it with the music room.

Some are more lucky then others of course but i say if you are simply unlucky, takea break and do something else first or evne paly something else for once and come back later.

Till thne some drops are better even and mostly bugs are gone which could also be a pain, like with Nidus Helmet swtiched its reward arond at the end i think it was.

I would not like it honestly since this would cause people gettign lazy and onyl want it traded while tghe ones with much luck have those parts to sell the maybe even overprized or exploit new players with such.

4 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

The game is build around RNG for the most part and does it still good for the most part for a F2P game.

If people not like it, they can buy them or people can gift them.

It's simple marketing and as muhc of a gridn wall some can be, i find it not as bad, since it is working as intented and opens up for peopel using plat which gives DE money, which they need since game has to run somehow.

I know, I'm not complaining much about the RNG, just asking for people opinion on this idea. I'm not even expecting this idea to come true.

Edited by Gamma745

Just now, Gamma745 said:

No. I think it is not needed.

Just now, Gamma745 said:

Not bad enough for me not to have these three Frames.

I've got 4 Ivara BP, 6 Chassis, 8 Neurooptics and 12 Systems, just from playing Spy missions.

I got my Octavia within one week of her release, without trying even that hard.

I got my Nidus within one week of his release, just by playing that mission.

DB's strategy is clear. If you want to get Warframes "now", you have to pay. If you have more patience than you have money, then you wait for one week or so.

But even if you wait for one week, what's the rush? We get a new Warframe every three months or so. It's not like waiting one week will make you lag behind without hope.

Ivara I can kind of see the logic in making it tradeable, that was literally the hardest frame to get until oberon prime which is being a pita and I refuse to pay prime access prices, they're ludicrous...getting oberon prime almost feels like fissures are broken when I look at what I've been rewarded.

Nidus, wasn't exactly hard to get, just a bit boring and repetitive...like most boss fights when you think about it.

Octavia...considering 1 of the runs guarantees you get a part and the rng comes from actually having that part in your run I can't see why they'd make it tradeable.  The other 2 parts where annoying when you can't get them but they did try to make it as easy as possible for one part (one storage locker) and the other is just the usual repetitive nature of getting the frame without paying plat.

I don't really have a problem with the current process for these 3. Nidus and Octavia seem to be clearly easily farmable, you can get them quite easily even if they're not guaranteed loots (I had 3 Octavia Neuroptics in 2 ODS without the objective to get it).

And I believe it's part of Ivara's charm. She is the sneaky one, the one you'll never expect to find anywhere. I see her more like a Warframe you end up getting after casual gaming doing missions and stuff, not one you're supposed to farm for.

16 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Octavia...considering 1 of the runs guarantees you get a part and the rng comes from actually having that part in your run I can't see why they'd make it tradeable.  The other 2 parts where annoying when you can't get them but they did try to make it as easy as possible for one part (one storage locker) and the other is just the usual repetitive nature of getting the frame without paying plat.

Well, for the chassis, it still has a slight RNG of having the tileset to spawn in the first place. The chance of it appearing is quite high, so I can see why it almost seemed like guaranteed.

Ivara was a pain. I think i did 150 oceanum runs until i got the bp finally, picking up about 3 neuroptics on the way, 4 covert, and at least 7 of each of the elemental dual stat mods i could. Not including the slight grind i did for her chassis (or systems, i forgot which) from about 25 runs on Amalthea. Considering every other drop that isn't endo or credits is tradeable, i think ivara should be. Nidus should maybe be the same way. I had good luck and got all his parts in 10 runs, but my friend put in at least 80 runs to get the third part, so i feel for him. Octavia I'm not sure since i haven't really done the quest yet, but i imagine she is the same way

40 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Well, for the chassis, it still has a slight RNG of having the tileset to spawn in the first place. The chance of it appearing is quite high, so I can see why it almost seemed like guaranteed.

I worded my post slightly wrong... I meant to say 'having the tileset' rather than having the part.  If that tileset does spawn then you WILL get the part so in that respect it is a guaranteed part.

Edited by LSG501

I got Ivara passively and can even make a few more.

Octavia took me under 10 missions because I was lucky and got her part from the Survival on my first try.

Nidus...I don't want him, I don't need him, I am never gona farm him even if you pay me for it.

2 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

. Do you see any other pros and cons in this?

it's good for the player who wants them, but it's bad for the game's mentality IMO: I find handouts create players who subtly expect everything else to get handed to them. you should work for it, unless you have the plat to buy it.

already got all three of those frames, so it doesn't affect me much. couldn't care less really.

went to farm Ivara, started taking forever with her drop rate, caved in and bought her. went to farm for Nidus, tried the Salvage mission a few times, found it was BS and bought him. farmed Octavia though.

honestly, making them tradeable isn't necessary, and would deprive players of the experience of farming these frames for themselves.

I have seen some people have the worst RNG in there life. If they did make the warframe parts tradeable, they should start with nidus parts or ivara parts! Since some people don't like the infested misson or the spy misson.

I see no reason to be opposed to this. Remember back when Nezha only dropped as Sortie rewards? So DE allowed people to trade/sell his parts. 

Ivara is one of the most annoying frames to farm for. Believe me. After. Year of farming for all her parts and putting her off from burn out. I'd have bought her in a heart beat if she was tradable. 

11 hours ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

I see no reason to be opposed to this. Remember back when Nezha only dropped as Sortie rewards? So DE allowed people to trade/sell his parts. 

I was under the impression it's because you can't repeatedly get Sortie reward in one day, so supply will be limited.

My problem with this isn't anything particulary important, it's just, what'd they be categorized into? They're not primes, but not the same as vanillas. One could argue quest frames but chroma and inaros'd not need this.

I just really dislike uncertainty like such as^ tbh

11 hours ago, (PS4)Boggy-Yobbins said:

I'd rather assassin weapons be tradable, personally.

I'd rather not. After you've played a couple thousand hours of this game you would have like 2 or 3 sets of these weapon already. If it becomes tradable, most people would just buy it from those people who passively get it and wouldn't bother trying to get them from the actual source. 

18 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

1. Do you see any other pros and cons in this?

1) Cons :

• it would give less incentive to buy them for plat. (If DE doesn't make money, they can't make the game better)
  • It would give less incentive for players to play some aspects of the game.

2) No I don't(and this is from someone who got tired of farming Ivara and just bought her)

3) I don't know. I don't remember, it's all a blur of grinding and crying and laughing. 

wait.. what's wrong with farming Octavias parts?

12 hours ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

As stated above, he was only traded because sortie rewards where limited to 1 per day so if you didn't get him today you have to wait tomorrow. And that is why they removed it. 

1 minute ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

wait.. what's wrong with farming Octavias parts?

The Chassis and System is not much of a problem, but the Neuroptics drops from Rotation C of ODS, which is quite diluted with assorted relics, so some people could get really unlucky.

Just now, Gamma745 said:

The Chassis and System is not much of a problem, but the Neuroptics drops from Rotation C of ODS, which is quite diluted with assorted relics, so some people could get really unlucky.

ahh.. well, I had fun doing ODS so I guess that didn't bother me too much.