Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What about Quest Warframe .... In Prime ?

Wind_Blade

I wondered .... what will DE with the warframe of quest because so certain can still invent a little story to be in Prime but other....

Let me explain for certain. The Prime were invented by the orokins and the normal versions are only a low quality repoduction. The problem is that most of the warframe quest was created after the orokins were exterminated.... so in the logic of things it should not exist in Prime ?

Next Warframe Prime in the logic of DE: Hydroid, Zephyr, Mirage

Just now, Wind_Blade said:

I wondered .... what will DE with the warframe of quest because so certain can still invent a little story to be in Prime but other....

Let me explain for certain. The Prime were invented by the orokins and the normal versions are only a low quality repoduction. The problem is that most of the warframe quest was created after the orokins were exterminated.... so in the logic of things it should not exist in Prime ?

That is why we have conematic trailers. 

Also Excal Umbra cinematic quest is coming (not prime but anyway)

Edited by UmbraDestroyer

A quest for a frame doesn't somehow conflict with the lore of primes at all. Nothing to stop a warframe with a quest getting a prime. A quest doesn't mean they were made after the Orokin was destroyed, its simply a way of obtaining a frame (or parts of it) with a  bit of a story line added on and slightly less grinding.

Not sure how any of this conflicts with the lore.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

By that logic, shouldn't Volt Prime be a dojo only Prime since, you know, his parts are only obtainable in the clan dojo? Or why don't we need to fight a boss to obtain a prime blueprint? We have to fight Alad V on Jupiter to obtain Valkyr parts, but her prime parts are located only in relics.

None of the quest based frames would have any conflicts should DE continue to put them out and replacing old relics with updated relics that have their parts. I don't see a problem here.

I don't know the logic but I know this from the DE:

Every Warframe will get a prime counterpart, but not all will get an umbra.

So we know they will make them. The explaining of how seems to be secondary. I mean, we got Valkyr Prime, so anything is possible.

I'm wondering where do you get the idea that all the quest frame is created after orokin's extermination. I can't say about others but Titania for one was absolutely created when Orokin was still there. Her creator worked with Magulis to create frames until she felt sick of making weapons, and the last one she helped to make was titania.

Edited by Horaciozhao

Nothing says the Orokin couldn't have made an ace custom version of Atlas, Mirage, or Chroma. We are after-all just finding mass produced models and getting blueprints from the involved quests, could be the mass produced models were not as common or few survived the fall intact.

1 hour ago, Horaciozhao said:

I'm wondering where do you get the idea that all the quest frame is created after orokin's extermination. I can't say about others but Titania for one was absolutely created when Orokin was still there. Her creator worked with Magulis to create frames until she felt sick of making weapons, and the last one she helped to make was titania.

What is more, Odonata Prime entry suggests that primes came after non-primes ('This enhanced version of the first Archwing prototype takes the design to its theoretical limits.'), so there is nothing wrong with the current quests. Nothing in the lore that I'm aware of suggests that primes came first. If anything, it was the other way round. One could argue that prime trailers show that primes were first, but they are here to present the idea behind a warframe's theme (and showcase shiny bits) rather than explain what came first.

I guess that at the end of the day it doesn't matter, but the lore makes more sense to me with primes being developed after standard frames.

4 hours ago, Wiz3rd said:

Anybody care to translate?

I am so confused.

I'll literally FTFY

4 hours ago, Wind_Blade said:

I was wondering... What will DE do with the warframes acquired through quests? Certainly they can still invent a little story for the Prime version,  but otherwise...

Let me explain, for clarity. The Prime warframes were invented by the Orokin, and the common versions are only low quality repoductions. The problem is that most of the warframes gained from quests were created after the Orokin were exterminated... So, in this logic, shouldn't they not get a Prime version?

Next Prime warframes in DE's pattern are: Hydroid, Zephyr, Mirage, and so on.

1 hour ago, Genitive said:

What is more, Odonata Prime entry suggests that primes came after non-primes ('This enhanced version of the first Archwing prototype takes the design to its theoretical limits.'), 

Prototype doesn't mean the Prime version. It's the test version that was a proof-of-concept before the original was made. 

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

Every single Warframe has a Prime, nobody knows how to make Warframes. Just look at Alad V, the (to our knowledge) smartest guy in the system and an "expert" in Warframes. Even he has absolutely no ide how they work (see Second Dream quest), let alone how to make one. 

Every Warframe was originally created by the Orokin, including Valkyr, Mirage, Nidus, and Zephyr because they are the only civilization that knows how to make Warframes. The BPs we get from quests are the "discount" versions that have been passed down from generation to generation. 

Edited by DrBorris

3 hours ago, Wind_Blade said:

Valkyr is create by corpus ... but yes .. orokin could create an custom version of valkyr x) and corpus have find an ancient blueprint

Val wasnt created by the corpus, They experimented on her.

At this stage literally no frames have lore that conflicts with them being primed.

The quests never intertwined in a bad way with how prime lore works.

Limbo, titania, titania, and mirage might as well as be primes for all we know, and ordis/suda dechiper their blueprints into a downgraded version.

Inaros also never showed himself, the one we saw labeled as tomb protector, most possibly made by the remaining sand people in his honor.

The only one i can't really be sure of is chroma, since it's been way too long since i did the quest. Forgot lots of details.

Being obliged to have related quest completed would be a nice flavour for such primes (mesa, mirage, etc.), and would allow to skip this "we purpousely make prime variants of hard to obtain frames prohibitively resource heavy" nonsense.
Please note, quest completed, not vanilla frame farmed.

On 16.6.2017 at 8:17 AM, Wind_Blade said:

Could be wrong, but i remember the quests either involve events which actualy have taken place during the Old War or which took place from the pre fall to the post fall time.

The only two without direct links to the Orokin age in their quests are Limbo and Chroma. But nothing in their quest directly states that those took place after the fall of the Orokin. So i don't actualy see any hints that the quest frames were created after the Orokin were gone.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the exact nature and relation of the Prime Warframes towards both the regular models (which we get from the market/research/quests) and the Originals/Prototypes which the quest stories center around is not explicitly stated anywhere in the lore we can access.

Nowhere does it say something along the line that the Originals looked like the Primes or even that the regular models are based on the Primes. So we have to be carefull about statements like "everything is based on the primes", because that's not stated anywhere as far as i looked. It's only stated that Primes are improved versions over the regulars and they were used during the Orokin age and lost to time. That leaves the exact nature between the three types (regular, prime, original) open.

The only thing we know is that the Primes were mass production models from the Orokin Age and that they were used during the Old War. Also that the Originals were somehow unique compared to the Primes and the regular models, because their loss was a serious event.

We actualy have 3 scenarios to consider here. Either Primes and the prototypes are the same model, only the primes were mass produced. The Primes are the first modified copy of the prototypes and the regulars are based on them. The Primes are modified versions of the prototypes and the regular models are another modified version seperated from the primes.

1. Originals = Primes -> Regular.

2. Originals -> Primes -> Regular.

3. Originals /-> Primes (first copies)   

\-> Regulars (second copies)

...Actualy this makes me think of a fourth scenario.

/-> Primes (first copies)

4.Originals |-> Umbra (???)

\-> Regular (second copies?)

It's only the first scenario which would make it problematic for the Quest frames to have prime versions lorewise. The other make it entirely open.                

Edited by Othergrunty