Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

So I listened to the trailer for a 2nd time and noticed that Ballas has breathing issues. Could this be because of a lack in Orokin continuity?

EDIT: A theory was brought up that Ballas is speaking with someone over their death bed. This must explain why he's asking them to sacrifice something they hold dear in order to live.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

6 minutes ago, Calikhan said:

I had a none Hype Thread discussing the things DE seems to push to the back burner whenever convente and Umbra was discussed but not the only issue the thread was deleted because i posted how most likely we wont see  umbra for another year 

I found a post by you similar to what you describe, and it's still here, page 13.

56 minutes ago, Calikhan said:

We are never gonna see an Umbra Prime here in the rest of the world because as usually DE listened only to founders who complained the the umbra excal was a insult to them 

2 minutes ago, Calikhan said:

The WHole thread was Wiped your not gonna see it in my history the thread was not locked but completely Wiped.

Had DE mods do this before where anything i posted was just wiped from UI issues to Sound issues from the game 

I have no idea how you could be so salty after everything revealed tonight. You must be a real pleasure to hang around. 

Carry on enjoying being grumpy though. It's your life. 

1 minute ago, Calikhan said:

The WHole thread was Wiped your not gonna see it in my history the thread was not locked but completely Wiped.

Had DE mods do this before where anything i posted was just wiped from UI issues to Sound issues from the game 

Posts will still be on your profile, if your thread is merged into another (which is older than yours) your opening post becomes a post in the thread, if your thread is older your post stays as the opening post.

The first post you made since "Posted October 5, 2016" was https://forums.warframe.com/topic/808458-umbra-warframes-discussion-appreciation/?do=findComment&comment=8814481

Your posts still exist and can be seen on your profile.

We are de-railing this topic with this conversation so going to go back on topic and discuss Umbra.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

So I listened to the trailer for a 2nd time and noticed that Ballas has breathing issues. Could this be because of a lack in Orokin continuity?

It could be closer to the end of the orokin empire, or something during the recording could have caused him to be distressed and start breathing irregularly.

Been seeing everyone theorizing that the "sacrifice" is something that we personally have to do (sacrifice excal vanilla to get umbra) but the quest isn't about umbra. it's about what the frames are. I, personally, think the sacrifice is something along the lines of specific tenno or other characters are sacrified to build a frame. 

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

EDIT: A theory was brought up that Ballas is speaking with someone over their death bed. This must explain why he's asking them to sacrifice something they hold dear in order to live.

or cause hes  undead.. or undying 

DEOgq_tXsAEKFUp.jpg?width=581&height=436

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

11 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Do you have any thoughts on the Nikana? It was black and you could still see the detail. 

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i wonder  ... i did draw him alot with a nikana or katana ? maybe its symbolic of a warrior ?

Excalibur Umbra's iconic weapon is a Nikana. He has been released(in china) and shown with that weapon before fanart. Time will tell if the Nikana in the cinematic holds anything special.

I believe (my theory) that Ballas is dying, and in a last ditch effort he sacrifices his body and puts himself into the Umbra frame. I also believe he was talking about Margulis sacrificing herself for the Tenno. And, because she and Ballas were smooshing butts and she died for the Tenno, with his new Umbra body he could go and hunt down the Tenno. 

1 minute ago, SergeantSunshine said:

I believe (my theory) that Ballas is dying, and in a last ditch effort he sacrifices his body and puts himself into the Umbra frame. I also believe he was talking about Margulis sacrificing herself for the Tenno. And, because she and Ballas were smooshing butts and she died for the Tenno, with his new Umbra body he could go and hunt down the Tenno. 

what if ballas is the stalker?

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i mean it looked like a normal nikana 

Image result for nikana

Maybe. I admit colourblindness is making it hard for me to note specifics.

So in light of that, I'm currently contemplating the narration, and the respirator in the back ground.

"If you could trade, would you? Surely.
But all miracles require sacrifice.

For their life...yours."

At the moment, it feels like Ballas is offering a kind of 'Deal with the Devil' almost. Not quite sure what...but the respirator does stop after the final line. Was someone's plug pulled...or did they no longer need breathing assistance. Certainly fittingly Ballas, though, as it feels like an abuse of power; here's a chance to breathe freely...but it'll cost you. Of course he knows someone in that state would take it...I bet he's counting on it.

Course. That's my interpretation at this time. I could well be wrong and this may be the one time Ballas is legit not using those around him in some way.

84.gif

But he's here and I'm weeping, legit I'm so hyped.

also theory - maybe the sacrifice, since it's talking about giving a life to save theirs and what they mentioned about this being more warframe specific, maybe it's talking about how the warframes might have been made? - because we know they're techno-organic with links to the infested and some questionable sentience? (Unless the end of TSD was latent transference idk) so maybe someone (or someone's) had to be willing to sacrifice their life/body/flesh to make a warframe from?

its pretty out there but idk it's just a theory and considering the body horror/creepy connotations that's already in this game what with Kuva/transference/void etc it's not out of the realm of possibility.

i haven't read the current replies so I'm probably not the only one with some thoughts in this direction either

Edited by FlawedLegacy

1 minute ago, FlawedLegacy said:

84.gif

But he's here and I'm weeping, legit I'm so hyped.

also theory - maybe the sacrifice, since it's talking about giving a life to save theirs and what they mentioned about this being more warframe specific, maybe it's talking about how the warframes might have been made? - because we know they're techno-organic with links to the infested and some questionable sentience? (Unless the end of TSD was latent transference idk) so maybe someone (or someone's) had to be willing to sacrifice their life/body/flesh to make a warframe from?

its pretty out there but idk it's just a theory and considering the body horror/creepy connotations that's already in this game what with Kuva/transference/void etc it's not out of the realm of possibility.

That's the same theory that I have regarding the "sacrifice" It's not something personal to us because the quest is shedding light on what the warframes are......What if the frames were made from the bodies of  the adults that disappeared on the zarimon 10-0?

4 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

So in light of that, I'm currently contemplating the narration, and the respirator in the back ground.

For their life...yours."

At the moment, it feels like Ballas is offering a kind of 'Deal with the Devil' almost. Not quite sure what...but the respirator does stop after the final line. Was someone's plug pulled...or did they no longer need breathing assistance. Certainly fittingly Ballas, though, as it feels like an abuse of power; here's a chance to breathe freely...but it'll cost you. Of course he knows someone in that state would take it...I bet he's counting on it.

Course. That's my interpretation at this time. I could well be wrong and this may be the one time Ballas is legit not using those around him in some way.

i think your right , its like the trailers hes not talking to us but to another

talking to someone on the death bed and gave them .. a choice, sacrifice to grant life 

it would seem to me then that if we link it to umbra being orokin made... then we can assume that the frame types indeed require..a darker theme to be born .. life to breath life into the unliving flesh ? or to save the dying and bring them into a new body  

11 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

For their life...yours."

I see. This quest will be expanding on the relationship between the Operator and The Warframe. Perhaps we will actually see the emotional outline between them, the Operators thoughts on HIS Warframe. And the Warframes thoughts on HIS Operator. In other words, we have to save our Warframe in a tragic yet sad atmosphere.  

Edited by CaptainStrawberry