Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennocon [2017]: content thread

Shafilp

1 minute ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

So yea, the glorified DLC pack that is Destiny 2 can now be declared legally dead.

Games like Anthem and the new open world Warframe have officially killed any hope for Activisions newest money printer. 

They are going to have to spend a killing on advertising, even more than the first one, to even get a decent amount of people to try it, especially since Warframe is F2P. 

And I don't see them making that money back through DLC's, I think Destiny and Destiny 2 will go down in history as two of the biggest mistakes in video games. You can spend millions of dollars on hype, but in the end, your product needs to deliver. 

2 minutes ago, Culaio said:

I actually think that this may be the reason for 2016 lacking content, I know they said they were working on this for 6 months but its hard for me to believe that seeing scale of everything we saw, DE isnt exactly huge team and they were developing smaller stuff longer then this.

I doubt that actually. 6 months seems like the proper development time for an open world map. but the concept and planned content have probably been raddling around in the devs heads for years.

3 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

I doubt that actually. 6 months seems like the proper development time for an open world map. but the concept and planned content have probably been raddling around in the devs heads for years.

Remember that DE spend 6+ months making TWW cinematic quest and this seems much more complex.

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

They are going to have to spend a killing on advertising, even more than the first one, to even get a decent amount of people to try it, especially since Warframe is F2P. 

And I don't see them making that money back through DLC's, I think Destiny and Destiny 2 will go down in history as two of the biggest mistakes in video games. You can spend millions of dollars on hype, but in the end, your product needs to deliver. 

I think everyone talking about destiny 2 is forgetting that destiny is in the same category as COD, Halo, Battlefield, and other AAA titles. Where just existing drives huge hype and demand. Where as Warframe is still in a lower market category with a tighter niche. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I suspect that most people will not be buying Destiny 2 once they hear Warframe is now finally going open world. I'd say that was the only true advantage Destiny had over WF in the first place as everyone loves to explore.

And this is just one planet. If people keep supporting DE, the whole solar system could eventually have it's own open world maps. That potential is enough to make me want to spend money on this brilliant game rather than an overfunded glorified set piece that has been cut into little $60 DLC chunks by Activision.

I don't even think marketing could help D2. Everyone is just going to look at Warframe and say "hey that open world space game is free, has a story and has gameplay that is much more fun than Destiny"

DE and Bioware have killed Destiny 2.

5 minutes ago, Miss_Fluffybutt said:

the problem it took that long for tww is the script, not creating a map with things to do

the thing is that DE was originally planing to release 2 possibly 3 huge cinematic quests like that each year, while working on other content and we saw how it ended up, pretty much always stuff DE is working on is added much later then orginally planned.

Edited by Culaio

All those reveals won't make me forget about possible forced PvP event in the near future.

Gotta nip that in the bud, because the moment you give a finger you'll end up sacrificing your hand. I can already see the repeated requests: "Why no dueling in open world?"

Just no.

59 minutes ago, Maqabir said:

Warframe open world gaming.

Giant plains with a day/night cycle where you fight grineer and giant monsters using your frame or archwing to move around.

You can even spearfish in the rivers. 

45 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

new open world, spear fishing, new weapons and quests and hub 

U1KQoFb.png

9nXfG7n.png

TaAoa78.png

KE2RU7g.pngnaqQXo2.pngRQEo6iT.png1c2cM8O.pngUl35pL4.png

Operator armor & weapons , all custom

aN2Izs0.png

Glass frame

cop3pWp.png

Next tennogen  round 

X2scvvd.png

Giant enemy ? sentient walkers 

OgEcAIC.png

Having a tuff time processing all this information...sensory overload!!

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)RevenantRequiem said:

Uh Nekros PA had armor & syandana

yeah but it's been a few primes since then, and his armor at least was kinda meh. I have all that stuff, and his armor is not that used by me. His syandana is great, but meh on the other stuff :P

8 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

All those reveals won't make me forget about possible forced PvP event in the near future.

Gotta nip that in the bud, because the moment you give a finger you'll end up sacrificing your hand. I can already see the repeated requests: "Why no dueling in open world?"

Just no.

now holdon, something similar to GTA solo matches would be good. Where in GTA you can activate a solo match with one guy in a full server and just verse him. That would be cool I think. But if it was forced, then yes, it would be annoying. I really hope this open world holds a lot of players, so if you wanted, you could get in a massive part and go hunting :P :P

16 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

I suspect that most people will not be buying Destiny 2 once they hear Warframe is now finally going open world

especially if warframe continues the trend and makes other planets open world, or at least, open world with linear missions. So if you wanted, you would go on a small exterminate party through a small village on Mars, but if you wanted, you could just straight up leave the missions by leaving the area and exploring elsewhere on Mars. If they did that for every planet and added more planets and more stuff, this game is honestly turning into LITERALLY my perfect game. It has ALL the elements that I really like in games. My play hours are going to go from 3000 to 10000 very quickly because of these changes :P

5 minutes ago, Arniox said:

especially if warframe continues the trend and makes other planets open world, or at least, open world with linear missions. So if you wanted, you would go on a small exterminate party through a small village on Mars, but if you wanted, you could just straight up leave the missions by leaving the area and exploring elsewhere on Mars. If they did that for every planet and added more planets and more stuff, this game is honestly turning into LITERALLY my perfect game. It has ALL the elements that I really like in games. My play hours are going to go from 3000 to 10000 very quickly because of these changes :P

And the cherry on the cake; DE won't charge you $60 to go to another planet.

21 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

next quest is...

the sacrifice 

the umbra is real :o some player think he wont be "unplayable" others says he's just myth others says DE wont add him, he finally arrived! im gonna main umbra all the way i'll sacrifice prime for umbra! 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Devonlucky said:

the umbra is real :o some player think he wont be "unplayable" others says he's just myth others says DE wont add him, he finally arrived! im gonna main umbra all the way i'll sacrifice prime for umbra! 

ive already planned to main him xD , but i dont know im a bit worried on the sacrifice part 

Just now, HerpDerpy said:

I really hope we can actually buy that Kavat code from the stream. I want that kitty.

mUycTYS.pngLLrZsEl.png

i want the bird D: