The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

9 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

If they're 80+, then it won't be accessible for new players. What they could do to solve this is to have different zones with enemies at different levels.

I see this as a problem since it's an "Open World", I could use Ember and Lay waste to any low lvl content and "New Players" will just stand around and do nothing.

PoE should be end game content.

9 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

I see this as a problem since it's an "Open World", I could use Ember and Lay waste to any low lvl content and "New Players" will just stand around and do nothing.

No, it shouldn't just be endgame content. There should eventually be an endgame landscape, but plains of Eidolon shouldn't be it. It should be accessible to all players. I've played games that are only geared towards vets, and those games completely alienate new players. Warframe doesn't need to be that kind of game. Having different areas of the open world that are higher level is sufficient. And they can have an alert level system so that we can always fight higher level bad guys. If they draw inspiration from games like Ghost Recon Wildlands, then they'll be on the right track imo.

EDIT: You know, this shouldn't even be accessible to new players though. I mean, you should need to have TWW completed, which requires Sedna unlocked. So, that's not a low level place. So it honestly shouldn't be catering to new players anyway.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

7 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Assuming the open world aspect is like the Relays and there are 50+ Tenno running around in 9 square kilometers of space.  I mean, I get that the demonstration implied this as possible and it makes sense, but I'd like to see it in action first.  Not like there aren't other games that have employed dynamic instancing technology, where hubs have dozens gather, but the "outside world" is a separate space for individuals.

Edited by Littleman88

6 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

Assuming the open world aspect is like the Relays and there are 50+ Tenno running around in 9 square kilometers of space.  I mean, I get that the demonstration implied this as possible and it makes sense, but I'd like to see it in action first.

That's not what's happening. The area from the start through the market is the 50+ player relay. After you go through the double doors, those players disappear and it's just you and whoever is in your 4 player squad. So the actual open world itself is not 50+ players.

41 minutes ago, (Xbox One)PizzaHutDolphin said:

That won't happen unless you invite new players to your squad.

I don't think PoE is squad only content, what would be the point of creating all this?

41 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

Assuming the open world aspect is like the Relays and there are 50+ Tenno running around in 9 square kilometers of space.  I mean, I get that the demonstration implied this as possible and it makes sense, but I'd like to see it in action first.  Not like there aren't other games that have employed dynamic instancing technology, where hubs have dozens gather, but the "outside world" is a separate space for individuals.

Yes Im sure the instances are squad only but the open world portion is going to (or should) be FFA in which case people will gravitate to where the content is 

Since Plains of Eidolon will most likely release closer to the end of the year for PC, when will it release for PS4 and Xbox One? My hope and best outcome is that they release at the same time, however this seems a little unlikely. If they don't, I hope it still releases near the same time for PS4 and Xbox One so it isn't a 2018 release for us.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AlexTheHunter14 said:

Since Plains of Eidolon will most likely release closer to the end of the year for PC, when will it release for PS4 and Xbox One? My hope and best outcome is that they release at the same time, however this seems a little unlikely. If they don't, I hope it still releases near the same time for PS4 and Xbox One so it isn't a 2018 release for us.

It's unlikely that they'll release at the same time.

Steve said that Plains of Eidolon should release anytime between August-October, with Sacrifice quest coming after that, possibly by the end of the year; considering that, you should get the open world update in 2017 and probably the new quest early 2018.

This is, of course, if nothing wrong happens.

30 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

I don't think PoE is squad only content, what would be the point of creating all this?

Yes Im sure the instances are squad only but the open world portion is going to (or should) be FFA in which case people will gravitate to where the content is 

You misunderstood what I meant by "instancing" technology.  World of Warcraft for example can "phase" people seamlessly into their own little version of the open world based on where they are in a quest line.  It's not beyond DE's capabilities to introduce something similar to PoE.  As cool as it would be to have a true open world MMO setting in Warframe, the fact is we barely get along as public four man cells with how different everyone plays.  There will be some issues with some people trying to stealth around when suddenly someone comes in with their Tonkor, hits 4 and personally blows to smithereens everyone that didn't get caught in a wide blast AoE skill.

It would be in DE's best interests to allow players to continue to choose to "go it solo" in the open world portion of the game, rather than force them to share the world space.  If they had done a much better job keeping abilities and weaponry (more specifically, mod power) in check we could easily enjoy sharing the same world space, but the gross disregard for combat balance has made that reality less than desirable if One were to ask a fair few number of players.

Edited by Littleman88

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AlexTheHunter14 said:

I was just saying it would be nice for them to both release in 2017, bc I'm definitely interested in running around in a new area.

Well, I'm sure you're equally interested in running around in a new area that isn't replete with bug n glitches and unfinished content.

55 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

It is. That's what they said. And the point of that is that it's open world, not an MMO. You seem to be having trouble distinguishing the two concepts. Open World describes the environment. You can have singleplayer open world, coop open world, multiplayer open world. MMO describes the player count. Plains of Eidolon is not an MMORPG, but it is an Open World. The Cetus Relay part (the market) is the 50+ player zone. The actual Plains of Eidolon part is the instanced open world.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

47 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AlexTheHunter14 said:

Since Plains of Eidolon will most likely release closer to the end of the year for PC

I'm pretty sure PoE is releasing late summer/early fall, with The Sacrifice releasing sometime around November/December.

13 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Except we already know very much so that there are Grineer that are not like this. We have the Kavor and the Steel Meridian, neither serve the Queens and both would be able to be in these kinds of colonies. Corpus are the same way, they are companies and child companies with their own agendas, so seeing a few corpus at a colony for trade wouldn't be that outlandish.

The Kavor, Steel Meridian, and Clem all have a genetic defect that essentially causes them to be not Grineer. Their existence doesn't change the fact that the Grineer empire, which we see out there on the plains, would demolish the Ostron colony without a second thought unless something was stopping them.

59 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AlexTheHunter14 said:

DE plans to release PoE and the end of summer on PC, which would be late August to early September.  After that DE needs time for bug fixes, so I wouldn't expect it to arrive on consoles until late October to early November.  When we get PoE, at that point PC should get The Sacrifice in November.  The time crunch would be severe, but there's a chance we'll see The Sacrifice on consoles at Christmas.  But I wouldn't hold my breath.

A simple thought passed by as I was re-watching the trailer for Plain of Eidolon, we clearly see that Archwing powers are being used to interact with enemies on the ground.
It may look and sound like an amazing idea at first, considering that Odonata was the one used, but let us look at it from others Archwing perspective :

To begin with, the abilities are bound to be tuned down in range so I'll keep that in mind.

Let take the most damaging Archwing in this situation : The Amesha.
As we know, the Amesha's fourth ability allows users in range to be invincible as long as they don't have maximum energy.
This allows every warframes with Channelled Abilities to become a massive bullet sponge for the duration of a very cost efficient ability.
This is basically a permanent Energy Vampire trinity with a 100% blessing on at almost any time.
That is without forgetting the other abilities that prevents Status effects and slows enemies down, and the other power shield that aggros enemies and give healths.

Needless to say, the Amesha alone flying above a teammates head would void any type of difficulty.

And two other smaller problematic variable, The Itzal and Elytron.
They both possess abilities to Pull or Push violently enemies in range.
I'm slightly worried about the amount of Ragdoll this would cause.
Itzal Cosmic Crush would be able to pull enemies in the air, sending them flying across the battlefield.
Elytron's Warhead could quite possibly do the same but from the ground.
To me it sounds like the equivalent of the sonicor ragdoll capacities with 2 zenistar back to back in range.

I believe that archwings powers on PoE have the ability to make Ground fight absolutely boring if used in the situation above.

I'd like to hear your thought on this matter.

1 hour ago, Littleman88 said:

You misunderstood what I meant by "instancing" technology.  World of Warcraft for example can "phase" people seamlessly into their own little version of the open world based on where they are in a quest line.  It's not beyond DE's capabilities to introduce something similar to PoE.  As cool as it would be to have a true open world MMO setting in Warframe, the fact is we barely get along as public four man cells with how different everyone plays.  There will be some issues with some people trying to stealth around when suddenly someone comes in with their Tonkor, hits 4 and personally blows to smithereens everyone that didn't get caught in a wide blast AoE skill.

It would be in DE's best interests to allow players to continue to choose to "go it solo" in the open world portion of the game, rather than force them to share the world space.  If they had done a much better job keeping abilities and weaponry (more specifically, mod power) in check we could easily enjoy sharing the same world space, but the gross disregard for combat balance has made that reality less than desirable if One were to ask a fair few number of players.

If this is the case then it really isn't an Open world and more of really big fixed tileset.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

It's probably why we saw arching as a gear item with a limited number of uses.

I don't think I've seen any type of time limit on it though. If there's no limit on the usage time then you can quite possibly keep the mode for the entire mission.

There's also the issue of having 4 teammates with 8 Archwing beacons each.
Since Rebecca is the one who spawned the Archwing beacon for Megan in the Trailer I don't think we'd ever miss in amount

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Except that the whole zone is loading while walking between door one and door two of the presentation of PoE.

No other loading screens.

if the whole zone was fully loaded between the two doors, we would be between the doors for multiple minutes, you can load an area of a game without a loading screen, but its usually offscreen

1 minute ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

I don't think I've seen any type of time limit on it though. If there's no limit on the usage time then you can quite possibly keep the mode for the entire mission.

There's also the issue of having 4 teammates with 8 Archwing beacons each. ( Since Rebecca is the one who spawned the Archwing beacon for Megan in the Trailer )

Could be curbed by having objectives activated on the ground only and locking out archwing usage while an objective is active.