Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you rate Harrow in comparison to other frames?

Imniscor

Harrow is a B to me.  He cant tank high level content and has a lot of micromanagement to do with his buffs.

My comparisons were with :

Inaros - S
Trinity, Loki - A+
Nidus, Chroma - A
Wukong - A-
Oberon, Valkyr - B
Saryn, Excalibur - B-

I could have put some more comparisons but this is enough.

So what do YOU think?

He is mostly support with jsut high shields, he is simply not suppsoed ot Tank, its like you expect Rhino ro heal.

Overall i think he is more solid with own abilitys that work fine and plays nice without to much trouble.

Unlike nidus which i sitll tihnk isa waste, yes he works welll and stacks make him scale better but most his pwoers are blant copys of existing things and overhpyed becasue "dark, edgy and a infected frame".

Only issue i say is, his 1st ability is what Limbos Stasis should had been maybe, a simple quick CC without interfeering with others.

High level content as in Sorties? If so, I haven't had too much issues bringing him into those. Sorties are supposed to be challenging after all, so I never expect any Warframe to be a walk in the park lol.
If you mean high level Kuva, I haven't done those in ages (haven't made the time) so I can't say much about those. Endless missions as well but it doesn't seem like he was designed specifically for those kind of gamemodes.

As far as actual support goes, I think he does great at what he does. He's definitely different to Oberon, Equinox or Octavia and fills in his unique roles quite well, so I totally look forward to seeing him more often, once more players start acquiring him as time goes on.

Personally, he's not my cup of tea (I prefer the aforementioned Warframes for support, especially with Octavia as of late), but still a pretty kickass Warframe.

I don't believe he's supposed to tank though so I would advise not to treat him as such. Especially for how incredibly low his Health pool is.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

harrow isn't a tank i wouldn't rank him against tanks. he's a cc support healer. using him at high levels will involve a lot of 1 spam and maintaining his 2 and 3, the issue being that his  2 completely drains his shields. but if you bring a sentinel (taxon is best for him) it can give back his shields instantly. also it has been clear from the start that harrow was meant to be harder to use so as to reward skill based play.

He is very vulnerable to abilities and status effects that bypass shields. That is probably his biggest weakness. His 3rd ability, takes too long to "channel". If I prep it before I find enemies, it's either worn off by the time I find them, or If I wait until I find enemies to start using it, the enemies are dead by the time I finish channeling.

The immunity to damage and status provided by his 4 is way too short to be functional as any sort of protection.

In general, he's viable as a solo frame, but is too slow to be useful in a group of competent players.

If we're talking changes, I would want the "channeling" speed of his 3rd ability to be three times faster. I'd also want his passive to be modified so that attacks that normally bypass shields would be applied to his shields instead. That or let his 2nd ability also grant immunity to status effects to both Harrow and group members within range of the heal effect.

Edited by Ryme

Enjoy Harrow immensely...

He's not the most powerful frame but is definitely the most engaging for me right now. That may be due to the fact that he isn't the most powerful.

He's like the Redmage from early FFXI, Druid from vanilla WoW, or even old Excal (imo)... His limitations are truly down to the user imo.

He isn't a faceroll frame that can wipe rooms in seconds or stand untouched in a room full of mobs... But we have so many of those as it is now that it's not interesting.

He can do the same things but it takes him more work to do it.

Comparing him to other frames is like comparing Batman to Superman...

Supes wins on paper but I'd put my money on the Bat any day.

24 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Enjoy Harrow immensely...

He's not the most powerful frame but is definitely the most engaging for me right now. That may be due to the fact that he isn't the most powerful.

He's like the Redmage from early FFXI, Druid from vanilla WoW, or even old Excal (imo)... His limitations are truly down to the user imo.

He isn't a faceroll frame that can wipe rooms in seconds or stand untouched in a room full of mobs... But we have so many of those as it is now that it's not interesting.

He can do the same things but it takes him more work to do it.

Comparing him to other frames is like comparing Batman to Superman...

Supes wins on paper but I'd put my money on the Bat any day.

Well said.

1 hour ago, Marine027 said:

He is mostly support with jsut high shields, he is simply not suppsoed ot Tank, its like you expect Rhino ro heal.

Overall i think he is more solid with own abilitys that work fine and plays nice without to much trouble.

Unlike nidus which i sitll tihnk isa waste, yes he works welll and stacks make him scale better but most his pwoers are blant copys of existing things and overhpyed becasue "dark, edgy and a infected frame".

Only issue i say is, his 1st ability is what Limbos Stasis should had been maybe, a simple quick CC without interfeering with others.

1 hour ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

High level content as in Sorties? If so, I haven't had too much issues bringing him into those. Sorties are supposed to be challenging after all, so I never expect any Warframe to be a walk in the park lol.
If you mean high level Kuva, I haven't done those in ages (haven't made the time) so I can't say much about those. Endless missions as well but it doesn't seem like he was designed specifically for those kind of gamemodes.

As far as actual support goes, I think he does great at what he does. He's definitely different to Oberon, Equinox or Octavia and fills in his unique roles quite well, so I totally look forward to seeing him more often, once more players start acquiring him as time goes on.

Personally, he's not my cup of tea (I prefer the aforementioned Warframes for support, especially with Octavia as of late), but still a pretty kickass Warframe.

I don't believe he's supposed to tank though so I would advise not to treat him as such. Especially for how incredibly low his Health pool is.

My experience testing and ranking him up have me agreeing with the two statements above.  He IS most definitely a support frame.  A pretty interesting and good one too.  What he isn't is a tank.  He's a support frame that requires you to actively play and participate in doing damage to enemies.  He's not my type of frame, but I do prefer playing him over Trinity just because he's more fun. 

Better than Hydroid, worse than a majority of other frames.

His issues stem from being incentivized to personally headshot kill while ignoring that most Frames clear entire rooms in the space of a single ability or two in a few seconds.  It's the same issue you see with Nidus and building his stacks in a group.

People who want to get Tops kills, Top Damage, Top Facetank will not like him. Those who find enjoyment in knowing they are the ones keeping the team alive and killing others will like him.

Quoting an ages old saying of the Battlefield:

"Assaults kill :poop: . Medics keep :poop: alive", and Harrow has an extra one of: "Keep :poop: powered up so they can kill :poop: more."

And unlike Trinity, that needs to cast every damn time, Harrow casts, forgets and then joins the fight while his healling and energy giving enter a "passive" state.

I agree with some people here. I am mostly disappointed.

The fact that you have to throw Scourge to increase headshot area, then use a buff to regen energy from headshots then do X to Y from headshots sucks.

His animations are cool and it's a beautiful frame, but he has too much management to do while other frames actually play the game.

46 minutes ago, Imniscor said:

I agree with some people here. I am mostly disappointed.

The fact that you have to throw Scourge to increase headshot area, then use a buff to regen energy from headshots then do X to Y from headshots sucks.

You need headshots kills with any weapon for 4x energy after his 3rd power, what made you think a specific weapon is actually needed for that?

I like to play frames that offer support, or at the very least CC. Getting one shotted while casting Penance is not fun, Thurible takes too long to get going and not being able to do more than running around isn't my idea of engaging game play.

He could use some tweaks to how some abilities work, but in the mean time I'm going back to Mag and have people rage at me at how seemingly OP she can be.

3 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Are you drunk or something?