Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

35 warframes makes the game very complete

Kronxito

We already have 33 warframes + 2 incoming (steel meridian and hexis arbiters).

Priming process is veeery long (3 months) and now.... Umbras??

I mean.... It is 2 years time between a normal frame and its primed version. 

Now what?? Another 2 years for its umbra version??

So Harrow for example, we have to wait 2 years for harrow prime and 4 for harrow umbra? I think that is the reason they wont create umbra version for all warframes.... It is too f*** much time!!

And, in the meantime, lots of warframes are in need to be revisited, or balanced, etc

I think its time to stop creating new warframes. And put those resources on accelerating priming process as well as umbras. 

Also they should focus on balancing frames we already have. So, once you have the things in order, you can keep on creating new frames.

IMO

Edited by DP_KRoM

Just now, DP_KRoM said:

No. To balance the frames we already have. This is a mess!!

they have been slowly rebalancing, and most of the team has been working on the PoE 

we still need a frame for steels syndicate if glass is for arbiters for example

and devs stated they have many more frame ideas and variety is the big factor of this game so, more to come 

There are a lot of unused ideas and abilities just because few think all is copy paste then I'll tell you no they aren't but the devs using patterns what is already used in a lot of frames.

I wish as many frames as many they can make so don't stop making them but focus on another parts of the game too.

36 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Why? To make more reskins?

There's so much more room to grow. We've only just started.

35 options not enough for you?

honestly though i think they should slow down on the creation of new frames. after i got octavia ti felt like no time at all before harrow showed up.

37 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

they have been slowly rebalancing, and most of the team has been working on the PoE 

we still need a frame for steels syndicate if glass is for arbiters for example

and devs stated they have many more frame ideas and variety is the big factor of this game so, more to come 

Wait....does this mean Cephalon Suda might get her own frame as well???

I don't think that having more frames created is bad, it's very good, in fact. Especially now, with Plains of Eidolon coming up next, the possibilities of new frames and abilities have just multiplied by a large amount, because, let's be honest, most of the abilities of the current frames are designed for more confined spaces, so there'll be so much more to go on with an open world-ish map, in my humble opinion.

3 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

Wait....does this mean Cephalon Suda might get her own frame as well???

did you forget about octavia?

also, obligatory hitchhikers guide need 42 frames reference

I hear 35, 42, like it or not, 50 is probably aOK Milestone. But 60 Would not be so bad, I would say , we are just BEGINNING.

Well yeah, I do agree @-Temp0- that all Frame will NOT be Umbra-available (yet). And to @DP_KRoM Well no, I do not THINK every Frame need Umbra, but there should be easier than Umbra when DE can do MORE WarFrame Expansion Works then releasing Umbra every month.

READ: But for now the WHOLE Story on Umbra is not known, just speculation from what has been showed(not leaked).

Now if you ask me, my guess Umbra is definitely Shade-ier. :laugh: 

Edited by DesFrSpace

I imagine they will continue to make frames until they are done with Warframe.  The way they are developing it however, is by updating instead of sequeling.  In many ways we are playing Warframe two or three.  Think of assassins creed, what if they made one giant version instead of many?  That game has been around since 2007.  Warframe could easily go another five years...so you're probably looking at closer 60+ Warframes before they even think about throwing in the towel.

11 minutes ago, Moysa said:

I've been gone for over a year, only came back because of Plains of Eidolon. 

I already decided I had to get Octavia because of that beautiful music in one of the Lua puzzles, but now that I know Suda's got something to do with it....my resolution grows stronger.

3 hours ago, Moysa said:

3 hours ago, Legion-Shields said:

I've been gone for over a year, only came back because of Plains of Eidolon. 

I already decided I had to get Octavia because of that beautiful music in one of the Lua puzzles, but now that I know Suda's got something to do with it....my resolution grows stronger.

I dream of that Shield Frame, I look forward to DE's Extraordinary Works.

3 hours ago, kyori said:

The day the game stop progressing.. is the day the game died.

3 hours ago, DP_KRoM said:

Progress =/= creating new frames

3 hours ago, Danjal777 said:

I imagine they will continue to make frames until they are done with Warframe.  The way they are developing it however, is by updating instead of sequeling.  In many ways we are playing Warframe two or three.  Think of assassins creed, what if they made one giant version instead of many?  That game has been around since 2007.  Warframe could easily go another five years...so you're probably looking at closer 60+ Warframes before they even think about throwing in the towel.

A really GREAT LONG GAME (one that last for about 10 years) do last longer, even when published can last long after if still spark interest. Also Step of Progress = Updates&Hot fixes?

3 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

And what are all the artists, animators and sound designers going to do while the frames are being balanced?

They'll work on expanding the world  and poe.  New unique enemies and npc,  creatures.  Imagine if the art people were now working on the game world instead of new warframes.  I would not mind a momentary pause in new wf releases.

4 hours ago, DP_KRoM said:

I think its time to stop creating new warframes. And put those resources on accelerating priming process as well as umbras. 

Also they should focus on balancing frames we already have. So, once you have the things in order, you can keep on creating new frames.

Even if they stop making new frame, there won't be much resource, if any, getting direct to "make more prime" or  "balance stuff", simple because primes is based on 3 month schedule, make more prime in a shorter period of time would just make ppl buy less Prime Access, overall reduce it value. Primes is just bonus contents (that got mandatory) and the concept of the frame is the true content.

Also, 1 more reason that they don't do what u suggest is that "balance" is a concept that would change every time a new mechanic is added, and DE strong on add new mechanic. Each warframe that they added to the game, from developer stand point, is an opportunity to "invent" or discover new way of play, introduce new mechanic to the game, and this is what DE do best compare to most other studio/publisher. So , they sacrifice balance. Telling them to stop making frame? i imagine they would only stop if somehow all 3 lead Steve, Jeff and Sheldon somehow got fired or quit the devs team entirely, leaving Scott behind to balancing stuff out.... then toss the game out of beta and leave... i surely dont want a scenario like that happen

P/s: that said, i believe we wont have any new frame/gear add anymore after MR30 is achievable, unless it's the self craft type in PoE demo. In other word, there wont be MR31, the game more likely to get out of beta by then

Edited by FireSegment