Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What frame do you see the most?

(PSN)theelix

seems to be ember and it usually goes like this.... everyone loads up, then I hear the 'explosion' of world on fire starting and the other three in the group basically run to the end of the map....  which to be honest gets a bit annoying after a while if you're actually trying to use a frame that actually requires shooting stuff (like harrow).... Why people need to rely on ember wof I have no idea, if all you want to do is run from point a to point b you might as well just do solo or get a running game. 

Edited by LSG501

All of them, except:

Spoiler

Chroma (due to Kela's new bossfight rendering it nearly impossible for newer players to get Chroma after doing Junctions without being boosted/taxi'd through it all until they get a Saryn component).
Limbo (due to people disliking his ways).
Zephyr (powers need reworking).
Wukong.
Vauban (Prime is more common).
Ash (Prime is more common).

Though that's just my end of the equation, it may not represent what 'frames you see the least.

40 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

seems to be ember and it usually goes like this.... everyone loads up, then I hear the 'explosion' of world on fire starting and the other three in the group basically run to the end of the map....  which to be honest gets a bit annoying after a while if you're actually trying to use a frame that actually requires shooting stuff (like harrow).... Why people need to rely on ember wof I have no idea, if all you want to do is run from point a to point b you might as well just do solo or get a running game. 

Ember just makes clearing low level maps a breeze and I think it's perfectly understandable not to want to take ages to do a mission and get as many kills and loot as you can on the way. Always remember you can go and recruit a squad in the recruiting chat to play like you want, but don't blame pubs on playing how they like.

30 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

Ember just makes clearing low level maps a breeze and I think it's perfectly understandable not to want to take ages to do a mission and get as many kills and loot as you can on the way. Always remember you can go and recruit a squad in the recruiting chat to play like you want, but don't blame pubs on playing how they like.

so even more reason 'not to use ember' if it's so easy to clear, it's not like our weapons aren't strong enough for the starmap..... like I said if all you want to do is run through a level, because thats basically all you do with wof active, do it solo or find a running game. 

I can kind of understand it when doing invasions or the likes but if all you're doing is running EVERY map with ember's wof (and other similar moving aoe abilities) that isn't really playing the game and all it does it prevent other players from using their own frames and realistically the only way it's going to be solved is for DE to actually take notice of the issue and do something about it... which at the moment they don't seem to be doing as it seems like they keep sticking their heads in the sand every time ember gets brought up. 

And we shouldn't need to use recruit chat just to be able to use other frames, that's an inherent design fault of abilities like wof which totally negate the use of any other weapon on the starmap and in some respects the 'mentality' a lot of players have gotten into who use wof... As I said my experience with EVERY ember goes like this.. we load and then 'explosion' as wof starts..... that isn't playing the game, that's pressing 4 and then running to the exit.

Now don't get me wrong I do have my ember designed around wof (it's basically all it has going for it) but I actually have a build where it's wide range, low power and knock down augment for cc which works quite well as well as the usual 'nuke everything' approach which to be honest I haven't used in ages unlike the cc build I used on lua's sortie yesterday.  

Edited by LSG501

Most days I only play sortie so I see a ton of Rhinos.  When you are level 8, Rhino is probably the only frame you have that has any chance of surviving a sortie.  Just hope your squad mates can carry you.

The oddball frame that I see a lot is Ivara, and not just in spy, but for everything sortie.  There are a bunch of bow fetishists out there and many feel the need to bring Dread and Ivara to everything.  They usually end up contributing 7 percent damage and nothing else.

Most consistently? Nova and Nidus.

After that it really just depends on the mission type...

Defense: Frost, Trinity,  and Limbo

Excavate: Frost, Rhino, Limbo,

Capture, Spy: Loki, Ivara, Limbo

Exterminate: Ember, Nezha, Banshee... sometimes Ash

Survival: Hydroid, Nekros, Rhino, Nezha, Ember, Ash

The frames I generally see the least of tend to be Wukong, Atlas, Oberon, Equinox, Hydroid, Mesa, Nekros, Loki, Saryn, Ash, Inaros, Titania (still haven't see one of these in a mission), Mirage, and Nyx.

That said, I don't PUG much, maybe twice a day or so when I am formaing gear or farming for mats. 

Just now, Padre_Akais said:

The frames I generally see the least of tend to be Wukong, Atlas, Oberon, Equinox, Hydroid, Mesa, Nekros, Loki, Saryn, Ash, Inaros, Titania (still haven't see one of these in a mission), Mirage, and Nyx.

That said, I don't PUG much, maybe twice a day or so when I am formaing gear or farming for mats. 

Ah, I was going to say.

I see other Atlas' all the time nowadays thanks to the sale on lower level planets.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:06 AM, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

The oddball frame that I see a lot is Ivara, and not just in spy, but for everything sortie.  There are a bunch of bow fetishists out there and many feel the need to bring Dread and Ivara to everything.  They usually end up contributing 7 percent damage and nothing else.

I actually use Ivara for almost everything including sorties.  I will admit that I usually do them solo.  When doing sortie defense missions, I always use my high duration build Ivara to babysit the moving defense target like a second skin.  This would be about the only time I would have low damage numbers or kill count. 

That said, a good Ivara can contribute quite a bit to a group and not have killed a single enemy.  This can be done by them using Cloak for protection and Sleep arrow to open up enemies for teammates to finish them off.  Having a low damage number doesn't mean the player hasn't done anything. 

I've even had a mission once where I only killed one enemy (Phorid) and had the highest damage of the whole group.  Just to show the flip side that having highest damage doesn't mean you've contributed much to the mission either.  *note: this only happened because I spawned late in the mission. 

Titania is my goto frame for Mobile Defense missions.  :D

4 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I actually use Ivara for almost everything including sorties.  I will admit that I usually do them solo.  When doing sortie defense missions, I always use my high duration build Ivara to babysit the moving defense target like a second skin.  This would be about the only time I would have low damage numbers or kill count. 

That said, a good Ivara can contribute quite a bit to a group and not have killed a single enemy.  This can be done by them using Cloak for protection and Sleep arrow to open up enemies for teammates to finish them off.  Having a low damage number doesn't mean the player hasn't done anything. 

I've even had a mission once where I only killed one enemy (Phorid) and had the highest damage of the whole group.  Just to show the flip side that having highest damage doesn't mean you've contributed much to the mission either.  *note: this only happened because I spawned late in the mission. 

Titania is my goto frame for Mobile Defense missions.  :D

Ivara is a great solo frame because of invisibility but doesn't contribute much in a group.  Sleep arrrow is overshadowed by other frames with better crowd control and damage boosts.  If you don't have good crowd control and you aren't doing damage, how are you contributing?  

On 7/13/2017 at 4:47 AM, LSG501 said:

Why people need to rely on ember wof I have no idea, if all you want to do is run from point a to point b you might as well just do solo or get a running game. 

To be honest, there comes a point where you are simply grinding the same mission for a reward and don't really wan to bother with it taking 10-20 minutes per run.  One of the best examples of this is the Invasion missions.

On topic : Ember or Banshee, but I also play Defense and Survival almost exclusively.