Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What frame do you see the most?

(PSN)theelix

In solo mode I see Loki quite often, but then he disappears for 30 seconds.
On occasion there would be this black silhouette shooting into the distance as well.

On a serious note. Ember, Limbo, Nova, Saryn and Banshee (I guess they can celebrate she isn't so 'seemingly' crap anymore).

2 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

To be honest, there comes a point where you are simply grinding the same mission for a reward and don't really wan to bother with it taking 10-20 minutes per run.  One of the best examples of this is the Invasion missions.

There's also exterminate Lith and Meso fissures. If you're grinding for a certain drop or ducats, it's more efficient to clear it out quickly so you can fit in more runs, and fissures are more lucrative (for everyone) the more people running them.

As for the topic, frames I see the most are:

• Ember
  • Excalibur
  • Frost
  • Harrow (might change once his new frame smell wears off)
  • Inaros
  • Limbo
  • Loki
  • Mesa
  • Nidus
  • Nova
  • Oberon
  • Octavia
  • Valkyr
  • Volt

There's some variation with the rest, but mostly it's those 14. And for some reason, I have seen more Excalibur Primes these past two weeks than I have seen Zephyrs in playing daily for three months. Also more MR 1's on high level nodes than Zephyrs.

On 7/13/2017 at 7:06 AM, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Most days I only play sortie so I see a ton of Rhinos.  When you are level 8, Rhino is probably the only frame you have that has any chance of surviving a sortie.  Just hope your squad mates can carry you.

The oddball frame that I see a lot is Ivara, and not just in spy, but for everything sortie.  There are a bunch of bow fetishists out there and many feel the need to bring Dread and Ivara to everything.  They usually end up contributing 7 percent damage and nothing else.

Hanzo mains?

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

If you don't have good crowd control and you aren't doing damage, how are you contributing?

Well, that depends on the mission really. Rescues and such all you need is to know the layout of the map (since all but Lua have an alternate why to get to the vault without needing to unlock some huge door to the cell). With Sabotage, as long as that Ivara or whatever Warframe is getting one of the coolant cells while I'll take care of the other, than they're more than contributing. Things like Exterminate is a bit more varied, in that if there is someone doing the majority of the killing, really all the rest of the squad needs to do is to take care of any stragglers, but even then now enemies spawn indefinitely.

Actually hell, that Rescue Sortie the other day while this Loki was invisible hacking that console, the two Ivara's in the party already grabbed the hostage via took the underground vent. I mean Loki opening the door was still super helpful since it's quicker than going back through the vents. I know this doesn't mean terribly much, but just a personal example of different ways of contributing.

Point being, outside of something like Defense or Interception and whatnot, for tons of other missions it's not always about getting high damage percent numbers or crowd controlling. And things like Sleep Arrows are always a plus, since not everyone under the sun is running a Sleep Equinox or a Bastille Vauban lol. Oh and her Quiver arrows are a thing if Ivara wants to do a bit more damage. I'm not saying damage dealing and crowd control are less important; honestly they are extremely important and vital when it comes to plenty of missions, but again it's not always about numbers.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

On 7/13/2017 at 10:48 AM, Padre_Akais said:

Titania (still haven't see one of these in a mission)

Such a bummer that we don't see much of her these days. I mean a bit more than like Atlas, but that's like saying while I saw Atlas 3 times this month, I saw Titania 4 times haha.

I totally get why too but still, outside of her stuck-to-the-ground (or in animation lock) abilities, the "clunkiness" of some of said abilities, and how it feels like you need to constantly stack your buffs to really optimizer her (but leads to pressing 2 the whole time and never actually killing anything), the buffs themselves are pretty solid and her 1st and 3rd are super hard CC abilities which as far as I'm concerned is always welcomed in a party.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Ivara is a great solo frame because of invisibility but doesn't contribute much in a group.  Sleep arrrow is overshadowed by other frames with better crowd control and damage boosts.  If you don't have good crowd control and you aren't doing damage, how are you contributing?  

There really aren't many other CC's that are better than stopping all enemies (regardless of level) in there tracks while making them vulnerable to finishers?  Also by that same logic, a Trinity who is healing everyone isn't contributing either if she isn't killing anything.  There are many ways to contribute.  Using damage dealt is a very narrow way to perceive it, and not giving the whole truth.  

Like in the true example I gave.  If I only kill one (1) enemy, will I have contributed more than all the others who killed more because I happen to have given the highest damage while killing that one boss.  I understand what you're saying, but I'm just providing different view.  

On topic:  I see more Oberons and Chromas in the last few months than previously.  

I don't know why but Trinity is to me the most overused frame due to its obvious team support AND god mode abilities.
Then, comes the AOE heavy frames like Octavia, Frost, Saryn.
Then, comes CC heavy frames like Vauban, Frost again.

Edited by Imniscor

26 minutes ago, Quintessa. said:

I like how you want others to go solo mode, but you shouldnt. You're the one complaining, boot up solo and do all your harrowing lol. Your complaints are really silly.

Talk about a stupid reply to the issue because harrow isn't the one ruining the game for other players, and who's to say I don't do solo or run in invite only groups not to mention this topic is pretty much referring to public groups...... frames like ember (and tbh it's primarily ember because it's easy to get) with abilities like wof which basically make the rest of the team pointless and unnecessary on the starmap, that's a problem that needs fixing not ignoring by saying go run solo to get away from them. 

If you can't see that a single frame with a moving large area zone of auto targetting damage (which incidentally was part of what got ash changed) that can pretty much kill everything on the starmap isn't detrimental to the rest of the team then I can only assume you've got blinkers on.  Hell I have an ember that can do all the things I'm 'complaining' about yet I can still see there's an issue with wof, I just don't ignore the fact it's an issue for other players, same as I don't ignore the fact that limbo stasis is an issue for other players due to the fact you can't use guns.   In fact, thinking about it, I very rarely play ember these days because of the fact it is basically press 4 and run to the end on most missions... that's just boring and while I like to have abilities available to me I feel they should be there to 'assist' not do everything for you.

Edited by LSG501

I'm surprised to see so many people say Ember.

I remember when most people on the forum called her the worst frame in the game.. Then DE adds a toggle to get WoF and all of a sudden she's the most used frame? She's practically the same frame too....

For the most part, whenever I need backup for the tougher Void Cracks, the popori of frames seems to consist of Excalibers and Novas with an occasional Volt tossed in for good measure. Not to off the mark from others here I see.

36 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm surprised to see so many people say Ember.

I remember when most people on the forum called her the worst frame in the game.. Then DE adds a toggle to get WoF and all of a sudden she's the most used frame? She's practically the same frame too....

It's 'the always on' wof that's likely what's done it, there isn't really much to ember other than wof and she's fairly squishy when you remove wof too.   I was in a defence mission (IO iirc) with a new player who had basically just got ember and he 'loved ember' and all he was basically doing (even in it's weak new frame state) was running round the map with wof on....

On 7/13/2017 at 1:05 PM, Sziklamester said:

Ember. That is a joke with hydroid guys? lel

On 7/13/2017 at 1:06 PM, Erocelec said:

Hyroid? Really? Haha.

On 7/13/2017 at 5:07 PM, WingsOfGryphin said:

15% votes went for Hydroid (2nd place in most often seen warframes)? Are you guys high or something? I haven't seen hydroid (besides myself) in more than a month. 

farm polymer sometimes, you'll start seeing them

10 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

farm polymer sometimes, you'll start seeing them

I never realized it before, but you're right.  That is about the only times I see them.  Any farming type mission almost guarantees seeing either Hydroid or Nekros if not both.  I admit again that the types of missions I pub are extremely limited.  Which tends to limit the current trends that others notice.  

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

It's 'the always on' wof that's likely what's done it, there isn't really much to ember other than wof and she's fairly squishy when you remove wof too.   I was in a defence mission (IO iirc) with a new player who had basically just got ember and he 'loved ember' and all he was basically doing (even in it's weak new frame state) was running round the map with wof on....

Old WoF wasnt a toggle, but it was just as easily spammable if you timed it right. I remember getting similar results with pre-rework Ember and wondering why people kept saying she was terrible.

I think this speaks to the fact that the forum thinks a frame is useless unless it has a brain dead p4tw mechanic.

Got into a defence mission the other day. Guess who was there besides me? Saryn, Ember and Banshee. Primes. All three were standing on top of the crypod spamming their spammables. I'm not sure but I think those people were robots, doing their daily grind routine.

25 minutes ago, Quintessa. said:

Ember is ''ruining'' the game for you? A game about KILLING as many enemies as possible and as fast as possible for the max amount of efficiency in almost every mission? Jesus, you crybaby, the exact same babyrage outcry got the simulor nerfed too, but it seems like DE is biased towards the wailing of people like you so dont worry. WoF is probably getting it's nerf sometime soon. But seriously, if a frame is RUINING the game for you by killing more enemies than you? You really need to go solo mode yoursef. Don't go into a public low-mid tier mission with oberon and expect to get more kills than ember.

And I'd say you've just shown what sort of player you are by complaining about the simulor rework..... the simulor needed a rework and it's not actually any weaker, it just requires a a bit of management to use it now instead of just spamming the fire button.   You might also note I'm not the one resorting to immature responses to argue a perspective that you clearly can't or are unwilling to grasp, but then you had/have been away from the forum for around 2 years so maybe have forgotten about that fine art of civilised discussion....

You're correct in your post saying the game is about killing as many enemies as possible but you missed out the bit where this game is a TEAM game meaning we should ALL be out there doing 'something' be it supporting the others or actually getting to kill something along with everyone else...  When you have one frame that can clear all the enemies before another even gets a look in, making the rest of the team redundant and pointless in being there then there is a problem with the design of the warframe ability that is causing the issue.  If the game was about one player in the team killing things as quickly as possible, and clearly by your reply that means using ember and wof (or, based on your response, maybe it would it have been mirage + simulor), why did the dev's add in all these other types of frames, weapons and abilities because clearly they're not needed with ember and it's wof....except to deal with nullifiers and ancients maybe....

And as to low level maps... considering my, if I was to use it, and many other players embers are quite capable of killing on the highest maps on the starmap (and level 50 sorties) it does make it a little hard to get away from it in public groups....

38 minutes ago, Quintessa. said:

Ember is ''ruining'' the game for you? A game about KILLING as many enemies as possible and as fast as possible for the max amount of efficiency in almost every mission? 

The game may be about killing enemies, but "as fast as possble for the max amount of efficiency" is entirely your own spin on it.  Not everyone wants to play that way, some people actually want to experience the gameplay in a mission rather than just grinding missions for the reward at the end.  Others want to achieve their individual bonus objectives, like say, "get 10 headshots" - yeah good luck with that when Ember is racing along in an Exterminate with WoF.