The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 anasa sculptures in a row

Arniox

Please DE, can you bump up the riven drop chance, I keep getting literally everything but rivens.

I don't care about endo.
I don't care about lenses.
I don't care about boosters or catalysts or even legendary cores. All I want is rivens, and every single time, I get something else. Please pump up the drop chance....

Anyone else getting horrible drop chances?

Edited by Arniox

It's pure RNG, sadly. Although I don't wish to directly bump up the Riven drop chance, it might be cool to add some sort of "karma bar", so that completing Sorties allows one to gradually work their way up to a guaranteed rare reward, but then this might pose a threat to the Riven market, as Rivens may be worth less. 

Funny thing is, we're on the same boat here. I'm also a guy who does the daily Sortie in meager hopes of getting a Riven. And just like you, I've never gotten a Riven, never anything else other than Anasas and Endo. I'm not complaining too much though, it does come in handy when I'm souping up my arsenal.

On 29.06.2017 at 5:00 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Rivens overall now have a 25% chance to be earned from Sorties. 

I got 6x in a row Anasa sculptures and than... my first melee riven after.

Yes it's frustrating but this is how RNGsus makes your life cruel. I'm not complain.

10 minutes ago, Ollnozz said:

guaranteed rare reward

Yeah, DE doesn't do guaranteed rewards. You're better off asking for a system that lets you reroll your reward into a lower tiered one, so you get a second, third or fourth chance at getting something from the common reward bracket.

I doubt the Riven market will ever truly be hurt, thanks to Riven storage caps and the random nature of the Rivens themselves. Just being able to get them reliably in the first place would be nice.

However, I still think a better solution would be a weekly mission separate from Sorties (but with comparable difficulty) that gives a guaranteed Riven.

Meanwhile I got 3 rivens in a week, none for a weapon I want, but I wanted sculptures for decoration purposes.

Here is one of those horrid rivens...

Spoiler

KSxC7F8SRb2fxXJSly4afg.png

A d polarity and minus range...on dual daggers...with more damage to Infested...but also Toxin which reduces damage to Infested...I would have gladly taken a sculpture instead.

11 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

This is why we need a token system for sorties so we can choose what we want. 

Rebb gave some not so subtle hints that there is a token system coming with PoE. She did not, unfortunately, indicate what it was for though. Hopefully it's for Sorties, because they current system is awful. Especially when you look at the drop distribution. The reason you get so many sculptures is because it takes up more than 1/4th of the reward pool at a whopping 28% chance to drop.

Edited by Ceryk

1 minute ago, Ceryk said:

Rebb gave some not so subtle hints that there is a token system coming with PoE. She did not, unfortunately, indicate what it was for though. Hopefully it's for Sorties, because they current system is awful, especially when you look at the drop distribution. The reason you get so many sculptures is because it takes up move than 1/4th of the reward rolls.

that was something they said during the season system that there was going to be a token system so you can just buy your reward. (also rumor has it that the token system is for buying the new crafting stuff.)

3 minutes ago, Ordosan said:

that was something they said during the season system that there was going to be a token system so you can just buy your reward. (also rumor has it that the token system is for buying the new crafting stuff.)

Looked it up again and she seems to indicate multiple token vendors may be happening. What I didn't see the first time (because there were no replies yet when I read it originally) and one of them could be Sortie.

Just now, Ceryk said:

Looked it up again and she seems to indicate multiple token vendors may be happening. What I didn't see the first time (because there were no replies yet when I read it originally) and one of them could be Sortie.

okay i didnt see the sortie winky face. ty for the info

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think because all the Rivens haven't been lumped into one drop in the Sorties, counter-intuitively it's made them less likely to appear.

Rifle Rivens have a 6.79% chance to drop

Melee Rivens have a 9.14% chance to drop

Pistol Rivens have a 7.61% chance to drop

and Shotgun Rivens have a miniscule 1.36% chance to drop. 

Whereas the Anasa Sculpture has a 28% chance to drop. 

I think there's something about having the Rivens as 4 seperate entities in the drop table as oppose to having one Riven category at 24.9% that reduces the likelihood of the Rivens dropping. I'll have to do more research into mathematical chance to work out if this is the case. 

Not that it matters much anyway. Because thanks to the beauty that is Random Number Generation, you could literally have Anasa Sculptures from now until the last day you play Warframe, and that's totally, mathematically correct.

Unlikely, but correct.

Edited by ShogunNoir

2 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

An easier fix would be granting players in a four day period to not get the same reward again. That would atleast remove stuff like getting lenses in 5 days a row.

well asides from base lens should not even APPEAR on sortie only reward. they claimed they put in a system to prevent you from getting more than 4 items in a row. so...thats DE thing.