The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hate Relics/Void Traces

(PSN)remo_yesman

Im sure its probably been set to death, and there's probably no point in talking about it because it's not going to get changed, but relics and void traces suck donkey balls..

So Infuriating tryna get 4 ppl with matching relics, and on top of that, you nees void traces too. *facepalm*.. I hate hosting radiants too, because if you cant find ppl, you look like a idiot..

I was tryna host a Meso 01 to get the last Oberon part I need, an I gt 2 ppl, sat there for 15 mins, 15mins, an only person I could find was like "look guys, dnt leave, I gt a Meso 01, but I only have 50 void traces, can we run like 3 liths so i can get 50, I gt my Kavat"... 1 guy in the group immediately left... Then I just turned off the game...

I wish you could just farm Radiant relics.. I wish just like T3/T4 keys, you could farm Radiant relics, on like Neptune/Uranus/Pluto spy/sab/sur/excatavion... Void traces are just stupid, an It makes me hate the relics, an relic system, since relics have to be used in conjunction with void traces.. People hated the old system, but I never had a problem, always had what I needed in a day or 2, started crafting, them farmed dups.. Idk man, I dnt mean to whine, but when I play any game I just wanna play, not have to recruit ppl, its a good way to kill all the momentum in the game...

There is currently a bug that occurs when the host chooses to leave after redeeming a relic during a defense or survival mission. If that happens and the remaining three players choose to stay, they will be locked in the relic selection menu until the game kicks them because they "failed to connect to the host".

the next round will not start, their only choice is to either abandon the mission via the pause menu or wait for the game to kick them. Both methods cause them to lose all relics used and relic rewards they chose. I have missed out on a Tigris Prime receiver and Saryn Prime part because of this bug.

i dont see a problem with them i never run out and always have about 1300 traces most runs i get from 10 to 30 traces and in longer runs from 30 to 100 traces even more sometimes..

just do runs in any fissure you will fill up on traces in no time...

I can feel your on your dislike of the additional grind represented by Relics versus the void keys. Having played quite a bit of both, I particularly dislike traces as it doesn't really help adding an additional layer of grinding to the existing grinding of hunting for and using relics. If you were doing void keys, you grab one or two after an endless and you and your party are good for a few hours of rewards given your are prepared enough or have the time. In relics, each relic is separate and represents a different hunt investment; each player needs the same relics hunted down; needs the traces built up to upgrade these relics; and finally needs the fissures to give you a mission you are willing to play that allows you to use the relic to try to get the reward.

Now, I know a vocal minority prefers the relics, they are easier for the players who barely hunted for the void keys in the first place and have at max upgrade, a better chance than some of the rarer T3 rewards. Course, the amount of rewards you could get with the use of one void key more than made up for that, but its not always the long game people thing about.

Yeah, I dislike them too. I see the convenience but it feels too... soulless?

I mean at least you don't have to play the silly mini game now. Remember, guys? Picking the little orbs and tossing them into the fissure? I stopped playing because of that, in fact.

38 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

Yeah, I dislike them too. I see the convenience but it feels too... soulless?

I mean at least you don't have to play the silly mini game now. Remember, guys? Picking the little orbs and tossing them into the fissure? I stopped playing because of that, in fact.

And with timer also ><

yea I know how that feel, I always telling myself this way and every time now on then for I keep on saying "why isn't the dev making a simple program mission give giant amount void essances" which that was old complain I had while ago then again yes farming relices is pain the grip, but the dev remove the mission alert about getting massive keys relics (it was farming day that time and it was way way faster and trust me on that moment).  I said in my mind "what the heck man we get these pointless relics that the game had change and now we get the more confusing set in general making work harder to farm for prime pieces?!"  As everyone got over with it, no one is complaining about it sense then, because bright side of the update if you have 10/10 pick up thous void traces then you should be good to go and selecting your copies from another dude.  Yea its not as the usually run in the mil.

As I am saying making a point, basicly everything is going change again and again which over and over again until they reach to the point this is good to settled this game in this spot, for the fact the game change too many time with things, just too many time I went insane because the game change too many time for the pros because missions rechange location, moving farming area again and figuring out where the boss is at again of its location. -_- can't fight the natrual order.

7 hours ago, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

People hated the old system, but I never had a problem, always had what I needed in a day or 2, started crafting, them farmed dups.

That's great for you, but not so great for people who farmed for months to get some of those parts.  It took me over 100 Rot C's in T4Def to get the Vauban Chassis.  Then, another 27 Rot C in T3S to get the Vauban Systems.  Not everyone has the same luck as you.

The current system grants better chances for rewards with some extra up-front grind.  It's a better system as you're more likely to be rewarded for the effort you put in rather than mindlessly replaying the same mission, over and over, hoping that you get the part you want.

7 hours ago, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

I wish you could just farm Radiant relics..

You can.

Every 5 reward intervals of endless fissure missions (25 waves defense, 25 minutes survial, 5 rounds interception, 1K cryotic) you get an upgraded relic.
The first one is Exceptional, the next is Flawless, and all the ones after that are Radiant.

So if you loved the old extra long runs in the void missions just do the same thing and start collecting Radiant relics.  Not that hard to do if your dedicated.  Especially in the excavation fissures.

Edited by Tsukinoki

10 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

I miss the old void system, and a reason to play.   However' new relic system and the death of endless missions has freed up a lot of time to play other games.

Still don't understand why people think the new system killed endless when you can still do the exact same thing and go for endurance runs and have them be potentially more rewarding than the old system. there is literally nothing stopping you from doing endless if you so choose.

39 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Still don't understand why people think the new system killed endless when you can still do the exact same thing and go for endurance runs and have them be potentially more rewarding than the old system. there is literally nothing stopping you from doing endless if you so choose.

Although the relic system did not directly kill endless missions, it did negatively affect it for me. I used to have fun going long on survival and defense for fun with clan mates. Now, they don't want to anymore because there are not enough incentives for them. 

I understand that it's not the relic system fault and instead my clan mates choices, but their choice still were negatively affected by the new system. Unfortunately, I am also affected by it due to a domino affect: people don't want to go at length --> I have no one to go at length with --> lack of fun for me. Before you say go Solo, I find little joy in going Solo endless. 

In short, relic system changes people mentality and farming routine away from endless. And those effects had trickle down and killed my fun. I don't hate relic system, but I don't like it due to what it had done. 

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

The only reason it did that is because for some strange reason people convinced themselves that there was less reward in endurance runs when there is in fact more reward.

• Passively grind traces
  • More chance of getting your desired reward to begin with
  • Grinding relics
  • Not being forced into doing endless rot C's only to get forma and oro cells.

Why it changes people's mentality I'll never understand. It makes zero sense. If people loved endurance runs that much then they would do them even if the rewards were worse. Luckily for everyone, in the new system you are guaranteed to always be getting something useful, whether that be ducet fodder, traces, or stuff for trading. Not to mention actually getting what you want in a timely manner and not 10,000 runs later.

58 minutes ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

I liked the days of keys but at the same time this gives you more chances at antime you are trying to get... in theary reducing the grind.

It increased the grind though, that is the problem, hopefully increased chances at quality, but much worse quantity and much more grinding to go through with it.

16 minutes ago, Urlan said:

It increased the grind though, that is the problem, hopefully increased chances at quality, but much worse quantity and much more grinding to go through with it.

Yes and No. The fact that you can drop into the missions now means that you dont have to wait for other people to want to do things and in turn you have a chance at geting the item from someone who has the relic and took it into the mission as well. 

I do admit I miss the key systme becasue I stock piled them and waited untill the next rotation of items to pop up, but I think that is what they wanted to eliminate.

I will also say that prime part costs have droped a lot sints rivens and relics came out thouhgt.

18 minutes ago, Urlan said:

It increased the up-front grind in exchange for less grind on the back end.  Isn't that what we want?  Don't we want to have a better work to reward ratio than what we had with endless Rot C missions under the old system?  Sure, you might get it on the first Rot C, or it might be the 100th+, which happened to some people (including me).  The current system has us put more effort in up front to produce a better return.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

It increased the up-front grind in exchange for less grind on the back end.  Isn't that what we want?  Don't we want to have a better work to reward ratio than what we had with endless Rot C missions under the old system?  Sure, you might get it on the first Rot C, or it might be the 100th+, which happened to some people (including me).  The current system has us put more effort in up front to produce a better return.

It definitely increases the front-end grind for the possible chance of less grind as it has in theory better drop chances on the rarest drops, with traces. In effect you are spending more time total on less rewards and thus less return on your time. Coupled with increased Baro prices, this makes the filler content, ie farming primes when you already have them, less rewarding and gives less incentive for players to actually run these missions. I have ran more of both missions than most, I got primes faster in the void key system as yes, t3 survival rotation C was both rare as all get-out, and filled with those rare items but if I ran the missions to get said keys in the first place with allies, I had more chances to get that reward for my time put in as well as chaff or forma. I am glad the fissure system works for some players, though I don't think its the majority; but it is more grindy in my experience.

5 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

The only reason it did that is because for some strange reason people convinced themselves that there was less reward in endurance runs when there is in fact more reward.

• Passively grind traces
  • More chance of getting your desired reward to begin with
  • Grinding relics
  • Not being forced into doing endless rot C's only to get forma and oro cells.

Why it changes people's mentality I'll never understand. It makes zero sense. If people loved endurance runs that much then they would do them even if the rewards were worse. Luckily for everyone, in the new system you are guaranteed to always be getting something useful, whether that be ducet fodder, traces, or stuff for trading. Not to mention actually getting what you want in a timely manner and not 10,000 runs later.

Endurance runs back then meant 1 key for 4 people. Depending on how long you stayed you could get a lot of rewards.

For instance then 40 minutes in survival = 1 key = 8 rewards per person (32 total drops)

Now 40 minutes in survival = 32 relics = 8 rewards per person (32 total drops)

Double that to 80 minute runs = 1 key vs 64 relics

You got a lot more bang for your buck on endurance runs back in the day.