Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you're keeping AFK timers, give it a visual indicator.

HyokaChan

Apply a "buff" that shows AFK and allow other teammates to see this buff. Now you and everyone knows if someone's AFKing. Yes, it's not a solution to the AFK problem, but it helps players who have playstyles that tend to trigger these timers unintentionally (e.g snipers, wof embers, undertow hydroids) avoid them.

1 minute ago, Archistopheles said:

I think it should be subtle to discourage people watching TV or whatever from seeing it, moving 5 meters, then afking again.

Tbh I'm thinking more about all those threads ever people complained that they got tagged by the system but weren't AFK - they just weren't moving.

Ideally, the solution is to just have people move while playing, but many Warframes don't require it and a handful of social players in my clan akone prefer them so they can multitask support/killing and socializing/teaching.

The AFK-state shouldn't be activated by not walking around but rather by not moving the mouse, just like it is already the case in Lunaro where simply moving the mouse prevents from getting an afk-kick because goalkeepers usually keep their position.

Same should apply to PvE missions because why should anyone move in defense/interception missions where the task is to defend a static objective (sortie def excluded), it doesn't make sense. That's where many players get into annoying and unjustified AFK-states.

Edited by --Q--Poeps

Hello, I can see most side, the Active, Passive, AFK, and Leecher. So may I ask, has this work out for any well known Games?

I will surely be going Solo and doing less in the future. Thank You for your Effort..

PS I am aware of the Moving Mouse(Aim,Shoot,Action), but you don't move a step,and Game consider you AFK.

AFK Timer Seem promising, you mean like Mission Timer Start if you don't Start (i.e) Survival yourself?

EDIT:

PSS, AFK Timer/Punishment would actually be DOOMED(big Fail) in the upcoming PoE.

Basically AFK Timer and Missions Fail will be past problem, BECAUSE I hope I don't have to deal with it in the upcoming PoE (most likely to Solo).

Edited by DesFrSpace

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

its just easier imagined the concept of just auto kick AFK'ed players.

I don't recall if this was a thing, but I have a vague memory of auto-kicking being a thing earlier in WF. Take what I said with a grain of salt, because if this is true then it was ages ago.

There should, but if you use a sentinel there is a way to tell if you've been AFK'd. If your sentinel stops moving completely, no shooting, no idle movements, nothing, then you've been flagged AFK. It's like it was suddenly put into stasis. You can even circle around the sentinel and get up in front of it.

I'd like to see the kick occur, then the explanation. .after a considerable time away. .five minutes would be good. .I'd prefer not to see afk warnings or notification a teammate is being "timed" for afk. .just more crap not related to the experience distracted from the game itself. .Please no, not on the HUD!

Edited by komoriblues

Honestly it should take into account alot of times frames doing certain roles in certain missions wont move much so it should check for the following

• If the player is actively dealing damage
  • If abilities are being used
  • If an ability is protecting an objective point
  • If the player is typing/messaging players in warframe
  • If the player has used 'gear' items
  • If the player has fired/swung
  • If they have used a non toggle ability
  • If there is an objective point nearby (Life Support in Survival, Cryopods on Defense, Consoles in Mobile Defense)

Why not just simply mark an AFK player over their name and not display it to the AFK player? Other players could see it and let the player know and if they were legitimately not AFK then they'd do something to remove the marker (or it wouldn't appear, to begin with, ideally).

Notifying the AFK player just gives them more incentive to AFK until the last second. Now they have a definite marker to tell them when to tap that W key.

Edited by Chipputer

Frankly, you should never be completely stationary for half the amount of time needed to trigger the AFK detection, anyway, outside of phase 2 Law of Retribution. So, no, I don't want anyone getting warned about it, because it would promote/enable minimal effort "playstyles" that skirt around the rules while still effectively being AFK. Just move.

19 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Frankly, you should never be completely stationary for half the amount of time needed to trigger the AFK detection, anyway, outside of phase 2 Law of Retribution. So, no, I don't want anyone getting warned about it, because it would promote/enable minimal effort "playstyles" that skirt around the rules while still effectively being AFK. Just move.

Riven modifier : "Complete a level 30 or higher deffence mission without the objective taking damage". 
I don't cry over the lack of rotation A rewards because I am hogging banshee over the objective, but in the same time it is kinda annoying that they did not consider that situation at all.