The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Nerfs

(PSN)TertulSee

This is probably going to get criticism mostly because Consoles haven't gotten this yet and I haven't tested it. From what I've seen however, it can safely say that Hydroid is in an overpowered state. I would like to suggest some little Nerfs because I feel like Hydroid needs the buffs to be popular:

First Option would be to directly nerf the damage so that it doesn't increase as fast as it does. It would make it slower and pretty much turn the ability into a slash Proc. I wouldn't advise just nerfing the damage however because it changes almost nothing. I feel like this would just be a nerf that no one would care about.

Second Option is to limit Hydroid's pull range . It would really make Hydroid's puddle just a bit worse enough to be playable. This is so he can't just nuke the room with just the puddle and make killing enemies too easy. I would suggest this change more than the first change and it would make him much better without making him unusable. It's impactful enough to make Hydroid more active.

Third Option is the nerf that I would see as the most fit. He would get increased cost based on how long he is in puddle form when enemies are in the puddle. The enemy or enemies that take the most damage will affect the cost of the ability. When the enemy dies, the cost will go back down to whomever is taking the most damage. Overall, it would make it more complicated but it would make him less likely to nuke the room and it will help him balance between when to be in the puddle and when not to be in the puddle. 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Consoles haven't gotten this yet and I haven't tested it. From what I've seen however, it can safely say that Hydroid is in an overpowered state. I would like to suggest some little Nerfs because I feel like Hydroid needs the buffs to be popular:

A: What the hell do you mean

B:

arguecat.png

Hydroid finally gets his time to shine a little bit from the bottom of the Mariana Trench and you want to even that little light from him? He's finally able do do things effectively and now that's too good? 

He's very limited in his puddle state, try using his 2 to move and see 1/3 of your energy go down the drain, at least let it do something useful for once instead of being one of the most useless abilities in the game ever. 

Edited by aligatorno

Just now, aligatorno said:

Hydroid finally gets his time to shine a little bit from the bottom of the Mariana Trench and you want to even that little light from him? He's finally able do do things effectively and now that's too good? 

It's just that he's too effective and I don't like how he can just pull enemies off the map and instantly kill them. He has 100% no risk while Frames like Ash or Mesa still can take damage and have some sort of risk when using their abilities. Hydroid on the other hand, is invincible, can kill enemies in seconds, and is completely safe no matter what harm comes to him. He's too little risk for what he does now.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

It's just that he's too effective and I don't like how he can just pull enemies off the map and instantly kill them. He has 100% no risk while Frames like Ash or Mesa still can take damage and have some sort of risk when using their abilities. Hydroid on the other hand, is invincible, can kill enemies in seconds, and is completely safe no matter what harm comes to him. He's too little risk for what he does now.

And you actually think that he;ll get to compete with actual DPS frames? The answer is no. 

1. He needs to remove armor  to get efficient damage on Grineer. Which means that he has to use two abilities to get few kills, or he needs in some way to remove armor before.  In order to do the damage, you have to check some conditions first, which a lot of other frames do not. 

2. Ancient Disruptors and Ancient Healers shut him down hard. You won't be doing too much with a Disruptor around, the enemies will get out of you puddle almost immedietely. 

3. His puddle range is really small, his pull range is not that great either. It costs 5 energy per pull at base efficiency, unless you are running max efficiency, pulling enemies is quite costly because it adds up since you can't recover energy unless you get lucky and enemies killed drop an energy ball. 

4. His movement is really slow in it, moving with Tidal Surge costs a ton of energy because you pay both the energy cost for TS and the energy cost for the movement. Your energy will go down hard unless, again, you are running max efficiency. 

This ability is powerful, yes, but also very limited and not capable of competing with actual DPS frames.

Mesa, yes, can be shot at, but she also has a flat out 95% damage reduction and stun for melee ones with her 2 and 3. She has a much higher kill rate and really high range, she can snipe from the other side of the map. Hydroid can't do that. 

Ash can become invisible for rather low cost and can oneshot any enemy in the game that is open to finishers and that is not a boss or jugg. Once he removes armor with little to no cost, he can oneshot the enemies with a proper weapon. Again, much faster than Hydroid. 

These two have to use multiple abilities as well to cover all their bases, but not to kill like Hydroid has to. 

Edited by aligatorno

This is an all time classic call for a nerf.

Hasnt played as Hydroid.

Hasnt played the new update.

Yet calls for a nerf.

Just. Wow.

Its like people forget this is a team based dgame and for some odd reason, want to ensure their team mates are weak thereby making the game harder for everyone.

Is it Power Envy ?

Or do people really care that much about getting the highest number of kills in a game ? 

P.S as for the puddle.

Go to Sedna or do some Grineer sorties.

Get a Prosecutor or a health aura Guardsman or Infested healer in the puddle = ZERO DAMAGE

Just lots of 0's appearing everywhere on the screen.

Edited by (PS4)thehoocodfather

Please no. Why the hell would you ask for a nerf without even using it yet? New hydroid is just a more mobile version of old hydroid + new undertow.

New undertow isn't all that overpowered either. You need to spend energy to cast, maintain, move, or drag opponents down so its not like you can just sit out the entire game. Base range is also small so its not like you can lock down a room immediately, more like a door. If you want to throw the "high level enemies are now practically insta-kill argument", please remember that Ash has an actual insta-kill ability with roughly the same ammo economy. There are also a lot of other frames that have damage scaling off the charts so undertow is not some game breaking mechanic. If you're worried about his invincibility, energy problems pop up beyond recompense at high levels. He most certainly won't be able to hold his own since undertow is well within enemy aura range and his 1 and 4 don't scale so at high levels he has no long range killing ability.

Seriously dude, do some proper min/maxing instead of requesting a nerf from pure uneducated opinion. 

26 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

And how do you know any of this without even playing him?  There is a huge difference between seeing something and actually doing it.  Just as there is also a difference between doing something in the Simulacrum and actually doing it in the missions.  

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

The Hydroid rework? We got it 3 days ago.

but you guys haven't gotten the recent changes that were made since then.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

The Hydroid rework? We got it 3 days ago.

The patch was before the buffs. We didn't get the buffs on consoles I think.

As for the reason of my concern. I feel like this puts a red marker on all the other frames that haven't been given this OP scaling because essentially, Hydroid has everything. He has scaling, farming capabilities, some tankiness, and overall the ability to do what ever he wants without any questions asked.