The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel Ash needs a small buff to his bladestorm (4th) ability

(XBOX)YoAlaskaDude

So after a long period of time I went back to playing Ash for a bit. Of course I stayed away from him cause of the major change to his 4th. I totally understand why but I feel it was a bit overboard that you now have to target enemies by aiming at them individually.

So the buff that I think Ash should get is when you toggle his 4th instead of highlighting one enemy at a time you target multiple enemies via small cone (similar to Mesa's 4th).

The cone would be very small but it'll mark multiple enemies if they're in that cone. They must be in your line of sight to mark them so if they're behind a wall it won't count. Lastly the range of how far you mark an enemy should be reduced to make it a bit of a trade off (but can be affected by range mods).

42 minutes ago, ianosel said:

That is exactly what I do just do a quick strafe with the mouse around me and normally all enemies are marked. 

Well... a mouse and keyboard isn't an option for me.

EDIT: Well I can do a quick strafe to mark. I just I feel that marking enemies one at a time just slows down the gameplay. I figured the buff idea I thought of would make the gameplay go faster and still maintain a level of fairness.

Edited by (XB1)ThatAlaskanDude

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThatAlaskanDude said:

So after a long period of time I went back to playing Ash for a bit. Of course I stayed away from him cause of the major change to his 4th. I totally understand why but I feel it was a bit overboard that you now have to target enemies by aiming at them individually.

So the buff that I think Ash should get is when you toggle his 4th instead of highlighting one enemy at a time you target multiple enemies via small cone (similar to Mesa's 4th).

The cone would be very small but it'll mark multiple enemies if they're in that cone. They must be in your line of sight to mark them so if they're behind a wall it won't count. Lastly the range of how far you mark an enemy should be reduced to make it a bit of a trade off (but can be affected by range mods).

I understand where you're coming from as you're an Xbone player, but for PC he's still OP.

Instead of asking for ash as a whole to be changed, maybe ask for consoles to get something to make is easier to aim, like the aim be more AoE'ish when active so you can hit more enemies or something. PC balance will always be 1st.

5 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

The only thing I'd like to see with Ash is to have his Smokescreen timer suspended while in BS marking mode.

...It can even have an energy cost and not be able to benefit from energy pads and etc while in that suspended mode to keep things balanced.

I agree with this. Either that, or name enemies lost track of Ash during BS. This way they aren't sitting at him as soon as he's done

I play on PS4 and can target tge entire room in about 2 seconds.  Turn on and hold the analog left or right to do a 360 then activate.  His 4th kills enemies with ease in 3 sortie and beyond with little power strength.  His throwing star augment makes bosses a joke to solo.  I used him to solo Kayla yesterday in that sortie most ppl cry about.  Hes fine as he is, people just need to get over the press 1 button and nuke everything.  Its gone, it was boring and its not coming back.

Ash is pretty lackluster now. I mained him for a long time and got tired of him each passing day. I was expecting the changes to bring me back to him but he still lacks. The smokescreen-cast-anytime addition was nice, but they also should've buffed the duration of it.

22 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

and loki needs a buff to his decoy boo hoo

The purpose of the decoy is to draw enemy attention off of you, no matter what. It doesn't need to be alive for 5 minutes or have an insanely large health pool. It exists to be casted, divert enemies, and help you escape. 

I don't want Loki being touch anyway.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

Ash is pretty lackluster now. I mained him for a long time and got tired of him each passing day. I was expecting the changes to bring me back to him but he still lacks. The smokescreen-cast-anytime addition was nice, but they also should've buffed the duration of it.

The purpose of the decoy is to draw enemy attention off of you, no matter what. It doesn't need to be alive for 5 minutes or have an insanely large health pool. It exists to be casted, divert enemies, and help you escape. 

I don't want Loki being touch anyway.

I've used the ability while invis and just scoped in from afar with ny vectis and watched all the enemies walk past it so it needs to be tweaked or something. I do understand what you mean by you don't want Loki touched though because some how the devs would ruin him or Nerf him 

Also before I seem like an ash hater all I have to say is he has an augment that strips alot of armor and can to into finishers plus added bonus he can go invis he isn't the best at being invis but he can which is great on its own.

what i do not like about current ash 4 is the need for stacking mark to achieve max damage.

ash 4 play style become press 4 then go insane wiggling the mouse (blur) not actually "targeting" more efficient than actually targeting the enemy.

DE said Ashes 4th wasn't interactive enough so they changed it to what it is now. 

16 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

I'd rather see all other AoE frames have to target enemies individually. Just imagine how fun Soundquake, WoF, Stomp and other abilities would be.

Lol and I've made this point many times after Banshee prime came out. All I can think when using her 4th is Ashes 4th wasn't interactive enough but Banshee's 4th is? Most people favor the better (more op) frames and I rarely see people using ash. I don't think he op at all.

21 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThatAlaskanDude said:

I think Ash is fine as he is. I play him the most and never had any issues.

After hating the original rework, the improvements made it fine again. Personally, I think the animation needs to be faster without requiring specific mods to make it so. That would do wonders for it's usability without the team blowing all the targets away and making it pointless to ult in the first place, refunded energy or not.