Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If an account remains inactive, how long till it gets deleted? (if ever)

LAWD

Question

12 answers to this question

I believe that Digital Extremes as a company and its dedication to the player-base, shouldnt delete accounts.

As far as i have herd, players that remain inactive for 1 year or more have their accounts stripped and locked but they can recover their accounts by contacting support.

Correct me if im wrong anyone who knows more about it.

This would be a silly thing to do. There is no better way to assure that a player will never return, than by deleting or banning their account. It leaves an extremely bad taste in a players mouth to come back to a game you haven't played in ages.. only to find your account deleted or banned, I know I'd be gone again immediately.

I myself regularly take breaks form online games, usually anywhere between 6 months up to even 2 years, and when I finally feel the itch to play said game again.. I do not want to return to a banned account.

Edited by Artorius-Alter
  • Like 1

I took a break of almost a year, and then another of a year and a half. No account change or deletion. On the other hand, I know that you can request to take someone's game alias if the account is inactive. I assume the inactive account is deleted and their alias assigned to you. One of my clan members did this. No idea on what DE considers "inactive".

2 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

I was gonna comment here, but then I saw that I already had… three years ago. This is an old thread.

hence the myspace joke.

i was about to go with friendster but it's not as popular in some countries.