Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

11 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Little heads up, I changed his head pretty significantly after fussing around with it for some time. Now it looks like this. Entering fine detailing mode and almost finalized katana. 

Hide contents

\6c13322c63.png6505f19459.png

The tail is about 1.5m long

Big like but helmet looks more for the Nekros then for Ash... but again big like on this design 

Tongues can suck too. All you need is an inner sinew strand, that is pulled back when tongue is extended, creating a suction cup. Kinda like what chameleons do. I doubt my Ash has a tongue, though. 

Btw, here's a fun bit of trivia for you. Xenomorphs are based on a creature, that really exist - the Goblin shark. They don't necessarily have inner mouth, but  they have extending multiple jaws that they use to lash out and grab prey with. Merry Christmas, and thank Void sharks don't have legs yet.

1 hour ago, Vulbjorn said:

Tongues can suck too. All you need is an inner sinew strand, that is pulled back when tongue is extended, creating a suction cup. Kinda like what chameleons do. I doubt my Ash has a tongue, though. 

Btw, here's a fun bit of trivia for you. Xenomorphs are based on a creature, that really exist - the Goblin shark. They don't necessarily have inner mouth, but  they have extending multiple jaws that they use to lash out and grab prey with. Merry Christmas, and thank Void sharks don't have legs yet.

Goblin shark: *exists*

Evolution: Time for you to become intelligent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-12-07 at 5:23 PM, Vulbjorn said:

Little heads up, I changed his head pretty significantly after fussing around with it for some time. Now it looks like this. Entering fine detailing mode and almost finalized katana. 

Hide contents

6c13322c63.png6505f19459.png

So those long "feelers" from the last pictures are gone, and it's down to just the "tail"? If so, I wouldn't mind that at all. They were definitely my least favourite part about the otherwise excellent Loki Erebus set.

As always, I'll be looking closely for mix-and-match combinations for the helmet and skin when this inevitably gets selected!  ;)

Yeah, the feelers are gone, they were just sorta too much and didn't add a lot to skin, and don't worry about the tail - I have a hunch DE wouldn't mind. It's taking a bit longer than normal, with Christmas preparations, various travels and what not, but I think it should be in before the deadline. I'm currently working on polishing the skin, adding some finishing touches to sculpt, lines, etc.

(If I can sneak it past Syncrasis, he will also have a little easter egg, which you can find if you manage to behead him). Here's some spinal tappings I've been working on. He has swole meganeck. Hope you like it.

ab5617999a.png

On 2018-12-08 at 2:17 PM, Vulbjorn said:

The creepy thing is if we imagine it, Nature has probably done it already. Abyssal creatures are a case in point. 

Am 18.12.2018 um 16:48 schrieb Vulbjorn:

[...]

as a huge fan of the alien book/movie series (excluding AvP) im only sad that such an awesome skin will go on a male frame but i guess it doesnt make it worse so when this does make it into the game its a definite purchase for me. hopefully DE doesnt mind the long "pony"tail because that makes this whole helmet even more awesome.

really great job so far ! keep going. looking forward to more frames with ur skins. hopefully u give saryn or valkyr such a makeover sometime in the future ❤️ garuda would be awesome too~

Am 29.12.2018 um 18:09 schrieb Vulbjorn:

Little update, I might miss this round because I got super ill with red nose syndrome and extreme sneezulation plagues. Will still try to finish both skins, but might release only one, or even none, depending on my current corporeal state.

health is always more important immo. get better before anything else ! the next tennogen round will come for sure~

get well and happy new year !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In a very far future in a secret lab :

- Ballas : " Well, this is finnaly going well. The warframes can be weaponized. I'm taking a break and drink irresponsibly. Archimedian Vulbjorn, you are in charge.

Remember ! We infest those specimens, but only just ! "

- Vulbjorn : "Of course your highness, of course ! Don't worry. (haha. Hahaha. HAHAHAHAA.) "

❤️

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Soon.

Hide contents

c74a96a325.png

I like your style...it’s starting to define itself apart from xenomorphic influences others might see in it so keep going with that unique signature.  I LOVED how you redefined Equinox with a lucid dreamscape-Nightmare quality.  I was very sad to see it not coming to Consoles as of yet.  Insta-buy if it does.

Great Tennogen Both enhances and redefines the play experience.  I started forma’ing Equinox as soon as I saw MAGAERA in anticipation.

I think pretty much done now, bar blade (just fixing some textures, which is why it's untextured right now) and minor adjustments. I'm STILL picking the name, for now narrowed it down to three - Bakatsur, Sodom, Acheron. (Sodom because it allows me to name his signature katana Gomorrah). More images under cut.

Spoiler

081ebc69b3.pngec62afa650.pngc685a6df8c.png6a0a05dfa4.png

1 hour ago, Vulbjorn said:

I think pretty much done now, bar blade (just fixing some textures, which is why it's untextured right now) and minor adjustments. I'm STILL picking the name, for now narrowed it down to three - Bakatsur, Sodom, Acheron. (Sodom because it allows me to name his signature katana Gomorrah)

Reveal hidden contents

081ebc69b3.pngec62afa650.pngc685a6df8c.png6a0a05dfa4.png

'Ash Bakastur', 'Ash Sodom', 'Ash Acheron';

Hmm in terms of all three, I feel like Sodom and Acheron have a nice ring to them when paired with Ash's name. Sodom has the benefit of being two syllables compared to Ash's one, and starts where the previous name has ended (the S letter), while Acheron has both the pronunciation of the A's being the same and the assonance with them next to each other. The only downside Bakastur and Acheron have are there 3 syllables compared to Ash's amount. Although in terms of the theme or meaning of all of these names (can't really find one for the first), I'm not exactly sure how they are connected to Ash's general theme of being a ninja. 

Either way, I'd probably vote towards Sodom, just sounds more natural and interesting. Besides I have a slight bias towards it since it's the same name of my favorite Final Fight character. 

5 hours ago, Scruffel said:

'Ash Bakastur', 'Ash Sodom', 'Ash Acheron';

Hmm in terms of all three, I feel like Sodom and Acheron have a nice ring to them when paired with Ash's name. Sodom has the benefit of being two syllables compared to Ash's one, and starts where the previous name has ended (the S letter), while Acheron has both the pronunciation of the A's being the same and the assonance with them next to each other. The only downside Bakastur and Acheron have are there 3 syllables compared to Ash's amount. Although in terms of the theme or meaning of all of these names (can't really find one for the first), I'm not exactly sure how they are connected to Ash's general theme of being a ninja. 

Either way, I'd probably vote towards Sodom, just sounds more natural and interesting. Besides I have a slight bias towards it since it's the same name of my favorite Final Fight character. 

Ash Sodom sounds good, but be careful not to add a "Y" at the end.

But personally I like Ash Acheron for the repeating "A"s.

Archived