Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus rework incoming

Knight_Ex

So with the upcoming focus rework that was mentioned before in the dev streams do you think that Zenurik will get the smackdown by nerf bat? What kinds of changes do you think will be made? I already heard about naramon was getting the invisibility on hit nerfed, thoughts?

I think the term was "sledgehammer". I wouldn't be surprised if the entire thing is unrecognizable after the rework. (But once understood, it'll be a clear improvement I'm sure). 

I wouldn't even count on Shadow Step, or *any* specific node in any school for that matter, to even continue existing. 

Edited by Kinetos

9 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

How about we buff the other schools instead?

Lmao, you talk like you are new here. Buffing the other schools to match the unlimited cheese of Naramon or the easy spamming of Zenurik is a tall order and nothing short of folly. And if they happen to overbuff one of them what then? Buff the others again to match it? :crylaugh:

Obviously they are going to nerf 1 passive from Naramon and 1 passive from Zenurik. Easy, case closed.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

Lenses suck and limit the weapons/frames we can use before we reach lens saturation.
Affinity gain is slow, passive, and arbitrarily capped because "that's how we do it for other systems". It doesn't feel good to get focus affinity. It feels like pissing into the ocean.

Abilities are forgettable and boil down to who has the best passives. We're then tasked with switching out different focus (foci?) based on the frame with no way to do this quickly.

Sledgehammer it.

I expect a Zenurik nerf, but I disagree with the idea that it needs it. Most of Zenurik is worthless; it's just the energy regen that is insanely useful.

It's not overpowered though. If people need energy they can drop energy restores and gain energy much faster. It's just convenient to gain it passively.

Zenurik is fine. Its example of perfect focus school that support your warframe. 

Meanwhile naramon is total cheese, immune to nulifying abilities, making ANY, literally ANY warframe you want immortal, able to solo MOT for hours with zero damn effort. 

People are creating their builds around naramon only, this is just busted and it has to go away.

Now look at zenurik : IT does not make any warframe op nor affects it greatly, we have energy pizzas and people are complaining about zenurik? :facepalm: It's great support passive, thats how focus should be, support us in some way, not make us BUILD ENTIRE GAMEPLAY AROUND IT like people do with naramon. It can make insane stealth assasin destroyer out of any warframe in the game. And the gameplay is the same, heck, you guys realise you dont even need ANY SINGLE MOD on your warframe and you can still solo MOT for hours? How is that fair and healthy for the game? Some of my clan members have no clue how to build their warframes, and they claim that naramon is CORE and MANTADORY to use on less tanky frames :facepalm: This focus school spoils the new players.

Imo another example of GOOD focus school is madurai, while zenurik supports your frame madurai is insanely good for your weaponry (in some cases Warframes too). It needs some buffing, but the idea behind it is great! 

Edited by Tacritan
Typos.

8 minutes ago, Tacritan said:

Imo another example of GOOD focus school is madurai, while zenurik supports your frame madurai is insanely good for your weaponry (in some cases Warframes too). It needs some buffing, but the idea behind it is great!

Those are to only two that even consider using.  Already got Zenurik and working on Madurai now.  

7 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

Although I really hope the changes will be big. I want more passives for each school and less revolving around the 5th power that nobody asked for.

Agreed, although if the 5th powers stick around, I'd like to be able to cast them more freely, like casting with a half full meter is possible but gives half effectiveness, like the Romulan Warbird Singularity powers in Star Trek Online, instead of all or nothing. 

Edited by Kinetos

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Those are to only two that even consider using.  Already got Zenurik and working on Madurai now.  

Vazarin is decent too, its the only right focus school in The Law of Retribution Trial. 

Also affinity passive affects bless trin. But i agree, it needs more, it should be defensive focus tree, make the Damage mitigation passive stronger. 

ALso try Polluted water ability from vazarin, it makes the active part of your 5 actually good. 

Unairu is meh, sadly.. Its good on a handful of frames, atlas, inaros, valk, maybe nidus and thats it. It should affect STATUS mechanics in some way, imo.

Edited by Tacritan

Just now, Tacritan said:

Vazarin is decent too, its the only right focus school in The Law of Retribution Trial. 

Also affinity passive affects bless trin. But i agree, it needs more, it should be defensive focus tree, make the Damage mitigation passive stronger. 

ALso try Polluted water ability from vazarin, it makes the active part of your 5 actually good. 

Unairu is meh, sadly.. Its good on a handful frames, atlas, inaros, valk, maybe nidus and thats it. It should affect STATUS mechanics in some way, imo.

None of those even remotely fit my playstyle or choice of frames that I use regularly.  I've heavily researched all of them.  Zenurik resolved a lot of my early energy issues with Ivara when I started over a year ago.  Madurai fits more with how I play now.  All the others are pretty much useless gimmicks IMO.  Naramon I consider a crutch that too many are relying on, but that's just my opinion and nowhere near a fact.  hehe.

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

None of those even remotely fit my playstyle or choice of frames that I use regularly.  I've heavily researched all of them.  Zenurik resolved a lot of my early energy issues with Ivara when I started over a year ago.  Madurai fits more with how I play now.  All the others are pretty much useless gimmicks IMO.  Naramon I consider a crutch that too many are relying on, but that's just my opinion and nowhere near a fact.  hehe.

Your opinion IS a fact. Naramon is the cancer of focus tree. Try arguing with naramon players and prove them that you can actually play the game without this "balanced"  focus tree :crylaugh: Sadly i had that pleasure. 

But vazarin IS good and its features are truly unique, imo its not a gimmick, it just needs slight buffing. 

Edited by Tacritan

18 minutes ago, Tacritan said:

Zenurik is fine. Its example of perfect focus school that support your warframe. 

Meanwhile naramon is total cheese, immune to nulifying abilities, making ANY, literally ANY warframe you want immortal, able to solo MOT for hours with zero damn effort. 

People are creating their builds around naramon only, this is just busted and it has to go away.

Now look at zenurik : IT does not make any warframe op nor affects it greatly, we have energy pizzas and people are complaining about zenurik? :facepalm: It's great support passive, thats how focus should be, support us in some way, not make us BUILD ENTIRE GAMEPLAY AROUND IT like people do with naramon. It can make insane stealth assasin destroyer out of any warframe in the game. And the gameplay is the same, heck, you guys realise you dont even need ANY SINGLE MOD on your warframe and you can still solo MOT for hours? How is that fair and healthy for the game? Some of my clan members have no clue how to build their warframes, and they claim that madurai is CORE and MANTADORY to use on less tanky frames :facepalm: This focus school spoils the new players.

True. I can't really understand how people find Zenurik overpowered. It doesn't affect them negatively in any shape or form,  it's still suscebtible to eximus auras, and gives caster type players more flexibility, no longer having to rely on max efficiency to be able to play as they like.  

We have pizzas, we have rage which fills up your energy bare rather quickly, we have Trinity and now Harrow, Zenurik is far, far from being overpowered or detrimenting towards the game. 

8 minutes ago, Tacritan said:

No longer matters.

Also affinity passive affects bless trin. 

And takes and eternity to charge with this branch+considering how many people like to play Trinity in general, especially in raids, worthy investement (not). Yep useful af.

It's not worth having or leveling unless you're done with other schools at all.

3 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

True. I can't really understand how people find Zenurik overpowered. It doesn't affect them negatively in any shape or form,  it's still suscebtible to eximus auras, and gives caster type players more flexibility, no longer having to rely on max efficiency to be able to play as they like.  

We have pizzas, we have rage which fills up your energy bare rather quickly, we have Trinity and now Harrow, Zenurik is far, far from being overpowered or detrimenting towards the game. 

Exactly, zenurik has alot of flaws and counters, it does not make god out of your warframe, your frame, how you use said frame and your gameplay is still the same, it just saves you polymer bundles (Pizzas)

Now look at naranub (yes, thats how i call naramon) Unranked frame? No abilities? no mods? NO PROBLEM! its still as effective! Doesnt matter.

Edited by Tacritan

3 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

No longer matters.

And takes and eternity to charge with this branch+considering how many people like to play Trinity in general, especially in raids, worthy investement (not). Yep useful af.

It's not worth having or leveling unless you're done with other schools at all.

I didnt say vazarin is overpowered but its still good. The cooldown is not that high and its extremely helpful to instantly revive your squad mates. And Not worth it? What are you talking about, imo its mantadory for every GOOD bless trinity build. Both in JV and LoR. The only thing it needs is slight buff to Damage mitigation passive. 

UNAIRU is THE focus school that desperately needs changes.

Edited by Tacritan

42 minutes ago, Tacritan said:

able to solo MOT for hours with zero damn effort. 

You won't solo Mot for "hours" with "zero damn effort" - it'll take you a single attempt of actually doing it to realize that.

Naramon breaks solo survival - that's true. But it's the only thing it actually breaks. The vast majority of the missions can be completed prior to the player even getting a chance to use Naramon at all. In endless missions that aren't precisely solo survival, Naramon while is a powerful survivability tool is far from being perfect - especially for missions like Defense and Excavation where drawing aggro can be quite important.

Meanwhile, unlike Zenurik which is literally energy restores for lazy people or Madurai which is "muh damage" (admittedly, for a selected few frames it's a tad bit more than that), Naramon actually enables new builds and playstyles. Maining melee on squishy frames and/or using Furis/Restores/Mantis as your only means of self-sustain is something that Naramon enabled us to do - it brought a lot of actual diversity into the game. Even "breaking" the solo survival is a playstyle of its own - there are players who find joy in experimenting with builds and figuring ways to push further and further when the LS, energy sustain, and damage output become the only variables to matter.

Naramon is the only school in the game that actually adds a level of depth to the gameplay and frame/weapon builds. Trying to drag Naramon down and make it yet another piece of (semi)useless garbage which is literally every other option available will be harmful to the game. Boosting the other schools to match its level, however, will be massively beneficial.

Streamline and Fleeting also "break" the game if you consider them in the context of not having positive efficiency mods at all. Yet I wouldn't be playing this game were I to be limited to a ~single ability cast per minute.

Although, I have nothing against a universal invisibility rework that'll change it into something resembling the actual invisibility as opposed to a source of cheap invulnerability we have currently.

Edited by Epsik-kun

50 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

You won't solo Mot for "hours" with "zero damn effort" - it'll take you a single attempt of actually doing it to realize that.

Naramon breaks solo survival - that's true. But it's the only thing it actually breaks. The vast majority of the missions can be completed prior to the player even getting a chance to use Naramon at all. In endless missions that aren't precisely solo survival, Naramon while is a powerful survivability tool is far from being perfect - especially for missions like Defense and Excavation where drawing aggro can be quite important.

Meanwhile, unlike Zenurik which is literally energy restores for lazy people or Madurai which is "muh damage" (admittedly, for a selected few frames it's a tad bit more than that), Naramon actually enables new builds and playstyles. Maining melee on squishy frames and/or using Furis/Restores/Mantis as your only means of self-sustain is something that Naramon enabled us to do - it brought a lot of actual diversity into the game. Even "breaking" the solo survival is a playstyle of its own - there are players who find joy in experimenting with builds and figuring ways to push further and further when the LS, energy sustain, and damage output become the only variables that matter.

Naramon is the only school in the game that actually adds a level of depth to the gameplay and frame/weapon builds. Trying to drag Naramon down and make it yet another piece of (semi)useless garbage which is literally every other option available will be harmful to the game. Boosting the other schools to match its level, however, will be massively beneficial.

Streamline and Fleeting also "break" the game if you consider them into the context of not having positive efficiency mods at all. Yet I wouldn't be playing this game were I to be limited to a ~single ability cast per minute.

Although, I have nothing against a universal invisibility rework that'll change it into something resembling the actual invisibility as opposed to a source of cheap invulnerability we have currently.

Level of depth? :facepalm:

And yes i can solo mot for hours with "zero damn effort" just by using a decent melee and naramon. 

Naramon breaks any kind of mission. It gives every warframe in the game invicibility, how is that balanced? How does that add "Depth" ? Enables new playstyles? Aka. mash your E for hours on literally any frame in the game, no matter if modded or not and cheese any game content? yeaa.. Completely new and fun playstyle. Theres no darn counter to naramon, it cheeses even nulifiers. 

And Drag it down to useless levels? Yeah, for you being completely invincible is the only useful focus school right? Thats what bad players say. Thats what people playing around naramon only say. 

make naramon improve your melee gameplay by boosting attack speed or combo multiplier, voila, its GREAT and BALANCED focus school and not completely broken. But that would still be "breaking and making it useless' for you. Coz you are one of those people that cannot play the game without cheesy bullS#&$ like naramon.

Also, good post editing just to make my answer look as dumb as possible, nice of you mate. Really mature.

Edited by Tacritan