Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When you do stop being a new player?

(XBOX)Anbu Swift

You looked up something on the Warframe Wikia yourself, without prompting, and without whining about being "lazy". 

You stopped asking "Where Baro" and either remembered he comes bi-weekly, checked his Kiosk in any Tenno Relay, or watched for his icon on the Star Chart.

You learned how Resource farming works.

You know where your Codex is, and how to use it to look up Drops, enemy Resistances, and Trainings. 

28 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

The best way to stop being new is to not be a kid. If you have the disposition of a kid, it doesn't matter how experienced a player you actually are.

That also.

Edited by Brasten

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Anbu Swift said:

I have been playing warframe for about a year and a half and i was wondering when you stop being a new player and when you become a veteran 

Around when you finish The War Within and start doing raids and sorties. Anything after and you become a bored veteran player!

Edited by (PS4)godlysparta

My personal take on this is that you stop being a new player when you stop having to ask how to build something. The moment you start realising all weapons have categories and the builds, save for specific mods or combos, are pretty much the same, and can at a glance tell which ones are going into weapon/frame #435 is the moment you graduate. 

As far as veteran goes, i personally expect a veteran to have a long account age (not necessarily reflected by playtime) and an in depth understanding of game mechanics and frame on frame and frame on weapon interactions.

3 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

. Bonus veteran points if you go in the forums and lament on the good old times.

This. So much this. Reminds me of a saying someone said:

"The difference of old and young people? Old people kept saying 'Back in my days...'; Young people kept saying 'tomorrow I will...' "

The same can be applied to newbie and veterans, IMO.

A veteran player has:

• built in 'muscle' memory, and does things like use the blown up map to move and fight, (could even complete objectives when really drunk, as a specific example).
  • has mastered parkour, so can do things like roll in the air for faster movement.
  • can bring unusual warframe/weapon combos and carry in public Sortie.
  • often have a customized keybind setup.
  • knows how to do any Spy and Rescue without cyphers, and will often use the Liset Air Support Charge as necessary in those circumstances.

These feel like a decent basis for when we transition to being a Veteran of Warframe.

You are becoming a vet when

Syndicate assassin squads barley register as there let alone a threat

Stalker, G3 and zanuka are now just loot dispensers

You are always the taxi never the taxied

you own or have owned all the standard frames

you have more then one build for each frame you own

you have learned to true hate RNG, then eventual made peace with it.