Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's wrong with people?

Doxorn

So I was on region chat, talking to others and just helping out answering questions then this guy wrote on me. I tried to be helpful and yet I got ignored for crimes I have not commited. This is just really bothers me...

Dq1vxp7.jpg

At the end I was trying to quote from the wiki but he ignored me. Why people so dense?

Edited by Doxorn
fixed the missing censor on pic

1 minute ago, Archistopheles said:

He thought you were lying. Have you never had a misunderstanding online before?

I'm pretty sure there are a couple dozen of people on the forums who have me on ignore for expressing opinion.

But... but... this is a fact. How could I lie about a fact? It is even written on wiki

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

Yeah, what's wrong with people making a thread about such minor things? Do you really think by making this thread you are better than the guy in the screenshot?

I just don't understand why he is calling me a liar and troll when it is soo obvious I was trying to be helpful?

Ya I've ran into similar players over the years. Three particular ones stuck in my mind. One player kept telling me it was impossible to use a certain cheese approach to one the mastery rank tests (before simaris practice tests were a thing) even though I used that approach a few days prior (no update between then and when I had the conversation) yet he then kept telling me I wasn't of that mastery rank in my profile even tho I was.

Or another time back before star chart 3.0 update fixed explosives auto-headshotting I'd get into an argument everytime I ran into a particular player in region prime who kept telling me explosives don't autoheadshot despite being able to tell exactly what tests I ran to check and yet they called me a liar and claimed they also did tests and everyone in their clan agreed with them.

Last of which was a guy in region who accused me of lying by spreading false information when I kept explaining that corrosive vs ferrite and radiation vs alloy don't just add 75% damage but also ignore 75% of there respective armor type's armor rating. 

All three cases ended with them calling me a troll and putting me on ignore.

Players are like the stars, there are bright ones, there are those that are dim, and then there are those that are just dense.

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Why does it really bother you, though? This is just some random nobody. There is no reason to care about what they think.

Don't know why, it just bothers me. Wouldn't you be annoyed if somebody would think something as true, but in reality it's false and he/she thinks anyone that say otherwise are a liar?

3 minutes ago, Doxorn said:

I just don't understand why he is calling me a liar and troll when it is soo obvious I was trying to be helpful?

Some people are like that. Best thing to do is just move on and forget about it. Their experience with it was different to yours, so they do not believe you. Don't let one bad person ruin it for you.

6 minutes ago, Doxorn said:

Don't know why, it just bothers me. Wouldn't you be annoyed if somebody would think something as true, but in reality it's false and he/she thinks anyone that say otherwise are a liar?

No. If a person wishes to remain ignorant, then that is their prerogative. Ignore them and move on.

I think what botters OP is the fact that he was trying to be nice and yet was treated like a troll.

OP, I have met some of the most wonderful people in this game as also met some @#$$% people. I prefer to stick with the ones that I like and we always help each other no matter how. 

Dont worry, this is not the last dense player you will meet...

25 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Yeah, what's wrong with people making a thread about such minor things? Do you really think by making this thread you are better than the guy in the screenshot?

Yeah, God forbid OP want to vent his frustration and try to connect with others who may have dealt with similar issues. Should have kept his mouth shut. Social interaction is for nerds.

Unfortunately this is just a common occurence everywhere. Doesn't help that RNG here leans heavily towards one end and leaving the burden of proof on you.

All you can do is ignore and move on, unless you plan on coming to the forums and vent for every single time someone says you're a troll there's no helping you.

This won't be the first and last time this will happen I assure you.

8 minutes ago, ldegroodt115 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

*image removed*

On a completely unrelated note, you might have missed censoring their username somewhere on there, OP.

Thanks, fixed

Edited by Doxorn

There are peoples like the op whom not like or not easily accept if they refused or handled like a trash for beign nice and helpful. There are different type of players and everyone handle things differently. 

Op my advice is don't bother yourself with things like this because in the real life happens the same, no matter you were nice or good there will be peoples like this one who thinks differently.

These things are common in every virtual-real life community and not really helps to you post to the forums because you get more of it from other peoples. If you feel you need to tell someone just simply tell your friends your experiences or ask some person from the community to talk about it. (I am aware of these things) but surely there will be others too.

Also there is no reason to cry on every person because there are peoples whom much nicer and kind and more tolerant. The majority of players are trying to be nice but those wont be patient and tolerant enough to bother with them. Focus on peoples whom were nice to you and not butthurts.

8 hours ago, TrinityPrime said:

Ya I've ran into similar players over the years. Three particular ones stuck in my mind. One player kept telling me it was impossible to use a certain cheese approach to one the mastery rank tests (before simaris practice tests were a thing) even though I used that approach a few days prior (no update between then and when I had the conversation) yet he then kept telling me I wasn't of that mastery rank in my profile even tho I was.

Or another time back before star chart 3.0 update fixed explosives auto-headshotting I'd get into an argument everytime I ran into a particular player in region prime who kept telling me explosives don't autoheadshot despite being able to tell exactly what tests I ran to check and yet they called me a liar and claimed they also did tests and everyone in their clan agreed with them.

Last of which was a guy in region who accused me of lying by spreading false information when I kept explaining that corrosive vs ferrite and radiation vs alloy don't just add 75% damage but also ignore 75% of there respective armor type's armor rating. 

All three cases ended with them calling me a troll and putting me on ignore.

Players are like the stars, there are bright ones, there are those that are dim, and then there are those that are just dense.

Partly but most of the players are blackholes.