Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do in Warframe right now?

Dahx11

I am aware that this may be a recurring topic so if you do not wish to reply, feel free not to

As we all await Plains of Eidolon, I'm sure many of us (myself included) are stuck fiddling with our thumbs with nothing to keep us occupied in the meantime.

I'm not going to say I've done absolutely everything in the game but I will say that I've done all that has interested me. Not to say i'm burnt out, because I'm actually not. I really like playing this game but I also l also like being rewarded for my efforts. I am MR 20 and i'll admit I have a handful of unranked gear waiting but no incentive to level them as they aren't really that interesting to me (neither is mastery) and level grinding is basically: Buy affinity booster, do 10 waves of Hydron, apply forma, repeat steps 2 and 3. There's also the sorties which I do come back to on occasion, but it's just for that one reward type that everyone wants while actually doing the sorties get repetitive very easily these days. Finally, there are the raids and just to make it plain and simple, they aren't my thing.

I have considered doing endurance runs but I have ultimately come to the conclusion that it is just not as rewarding as I would want it to be. I also considered doing long runs to farm mods I don't have but I can't think of such mods at the moment. Sometimes I find myself cosplaying in game as non-warframe characters and role-playing as them in low level missions solo. (Don't judge me)

TLDR: So my question for my fellow tenno is: What would you recommend doing in Warframe to have fun and what do you do when you have done everything else?

Just help people basically. And play around in captura and simulacrum with friends. Aside from that, just listen/watch videos while I play (read idle) warframe in the background. Then go play something else.

MR24, only with Hydroid prime stuff to level. But it's so lacklustre I cannot even be bothered to farm it.

Do sorties, when you get a Riven unveil it but don't sell it, whatever the weapon is, try and make it fun using the Riven. If you don't have the weapon, craft it, most weapons are relatively cheap at high level. See if you can make a build that doesn't conform to normal metas. Most organic enjoyment in the game IMO.

4 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

Do sorties, when you get a Riven unveil it but don't sell it, whatever the weapon is, try and make it fun using the Riven. If you don't have the weapon, craft it, most weapons are relatively cheap at high level. See if you can make a build that doesn't conform to normal metas. Most organic enjoyment in the game IMO.

I agree, this is fun. There are a few nice weapons that just need a little extra. 

What I don't like about this is the need for forma. If you do not have boosters, and don't want to go Hydron/Akkad etc, it takes ages.

Did my opticor, got a nice riven with -CD, wanted to play around with it. Seven forma. 

Just now, krc473 said:

I agree, this is fun. There are a few nice weapons that just need a little extra. 

What I don't like about this is the need for forma. If you do not have boosters, and don't want to go Hydron/Akkad etc, it takes ages.

Did my opticor, got a nice riven with -CD, wanted to play around with it. Seven forma. 

Yeah that's a good point. I generally farm up my weapons just by doing normal stuff, mostly syndicate dailies, and that slows the process down for maximum procrastination, but if you already have everything you need from them then there's not much point in doing them. I normally spend all my standing on Relic packs but if you have every prime that just results in inventory clutter.

The game just kinda gets meh in the end. Once you've completed your personal tasks and have trouble finding other things- you're probably living update to update. As I am pretty much end game and dont feel like farming 12 weapons to make it to MR 24; Fancy yourself with other games to kill off time. :D

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Basically, just do the daily login and then play something else. Until PoE is realeased.

Exactly; I mean not to start anything but Destiny 2 came out today. As much as the Warframe community gets salty whenever it is mentioned. It is still fun to play. That's where my time is considering we don't even have an ETA on plains.

1. Open your arsenal, scroll through your Warframes and pick something you haven't messed with in awhile.
  2. Fix your build, cause meta changes.
  3. Brainstorm some odd synergy between the Warframe and a weapon, for example CC Titania and Lenz. 
  4. Pick two other weapons that complement your Warframe and main weapon.
  5. If a part of it does not have a full build, forma it.
  6. And the final, most important, and arguably hardest step, go to a high level endless mission and try to convince pubs to stay for an hour with your new weird build.