Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How's your experience with trading?

Rayxen

Trading is probably the least updated and least user friendly part of the game right now. I personally do trade from time to time, but it in general it is a waste of time in most cases.

Trading in warframe immediately brings me to think the following: tedious, time consuming, barely rewarding, terribly slow, expensive.

My trading experience:

a) In trade chat:

1. "trading text" + ctrl+c---> ctrl+v, ctrl+v,ctrl+v,... 

2. Buyer: "i'll buy the thing, but not for 80p but for 60p"

Me: "80p"

Buyer: "70p"

Me: "80p"

An hour well spent?

b) Warframe market:

1. Warframe market open

2. Lowest price

3. Get a massage when playing the game about the item

4. Evac and grofit

Two min well spent.

I think warframe market is better for selling, you put the lowest offer and get a buyer in no time while in the trade chat, it is true that sometimes you can get more plat, but for that you need more time and you'll have to talk to more people. Sure you can watch a movie or something else while doing this but for me the movie isn't enjoyable as much and trading becomes more like a second job.

While for buying items trade chat is better. With the copy paste technic and you determining how much you'll pay for an item you can get a lot of good deals. For instance buying primed junk or unvaulted and soon to be vaulted, items.  

The only thing i would like to be added to trading, if auction house is out of the question, is an impersonal trade of sorts. For instance if you agree with someone about the item and a price tough warframe forum messages or some other way and you two live in different timezones, both working, so the trade offer would be sent trough pm in game. One sends the offer (that locks the item for sale), he automatically accepts the trade as he is the one that determines the price for it. The other guy gets the message and if the price was the one they agreed upon he accepts and the items are traded even though the other player is offline. Or would this system be to complex and rarely used?

Also maybe an auction house only for rivens? And when i say auction house i don't mean bidding but just putting the rivens on a board with prices and people can buy them even when you are offline.

On 9/7/2017 at 1:47 PM, phoenix1992 said:

If you are selling Nekros SET for 35, it is your own issue. There are only 2 sets that fly under 50 plat as of yesterday EU PC trade  -  Trinity and Saryn. 

Except Trin is now vaulted.  So she's not selling at her previous, unvaulted price anymore unless the seller doesn't know she's vaulted.

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

Except Trin is now vaulted.  So she's not selling at her previous, unvaulted price anymore unless the seller doesn't know she's vaulted.

Over saturation it seems. While I can't speak for everyone in the game,  I have way too many Trinity sets, and way too few people that need Trinity. It is reaching a point in which I am just giving it away to new players (packed with Gorgon Wraith due to the same reason).

8 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Over-saturation it seems. While I can't speak for everyone in the game,  I have way too many Trinity sets, and way too few people that need Trinity. It is reaching a point in which I am just giving it away to new players (packed with Gorgon Wraith due to the same reason).

I'm holding onto my excess Trin sets until it is no longer over-saturated - as are most other smart sellers: the ones you're seeing in chat are the aforementioned "automated" sellers forgetting to change their wares list.  When fewer people are selling them, the price will go back up.

Gorgon Wraiths pile up because very few people want a weapon they can obtain on their own (Razorback Armada just came back) - plus it's not exactly the best weapon out there.  Lower MR players are looking for other (read: better) things, and higher MR players either already have one or don't care enough to buy something they'll get eventually.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

WARFRAME IS A FREE MARKET.

If someone is willing to forgo upwards of two-thirds of his/her potential profit margin, that's their prerogative.  If someone else wants to buy something that's vastly under-priced compared to other sellers, that's capitalism.

Complaining about people "killing prices" implies that you think there is a standard around which things should be priced without deviation, which is precisely the reason you have so many gripes with Trade Chat.

The only thing that can be traded that is excluded by this argument is lenses, since each lens is 1/4th of a 40p product on the official market.

Everything else, as you've rightly noted, is priced at the point of sale by agreement between the buyer and seller. 

As such, it is the prerogative of both parties to get the best possible deal for themselves. 

I don't trade for a month or more. PS4 people want pay all 20 pl... I think Twich Prime, chat filters, and bad Prime Access made the game very poor. At least on PS4. Even the unvault system not helping; Mag is an amazing frame, but come out every year... For a while Rivens been a good resource of plats, but every player can get a Riven because Sortie have matchmaking, and even noobs can do it. Now the market is saturated with Rivens, but the most not understand dipositions, stats... really hard to trade with those.

I buy prime stuff on it sometimes when I dont want to be bothered to hunt them, sometimes sindicut stuff.

for the most part I dont bother with it. I dont sell things of high value unless its a mod/part for mod/part trade jut in case someone pulls the negitive platnum S#&$.

the timer has def improved the chat, and with the intro of rivens and duckets, I have seen a large price drop for prime parts. now that I have all but the newest ones however, there is not much use for it.

Warframe marketpalce is your friend. I also hate when people get offended or upset when you offer a lower price then they where expecting. 

9 minutes ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

The only thing that can be traded that is excluded by this argument is lenses, since each lens is 1/4th of a 40p product on the official market.

Everything else, as you've rightly noted, is priced at the point of sale by agreement between the buyer and seller. 

As such, it is the prerogative of both parties to get the best possible deal for themselves. 

Each lens is actually less than a quarter of a greater lens, since you need more than just the four lenses to build a greater lens - you also need a Forma (!!), an Argon Crystal (??), and a raw potato (meh).

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Each lens is actually less than a quarter of a greater lens, since you need more than just the four lenses to build a greater lens - you also need a Forma (!!), an Argon Crystal (??), and a raw potato (meh).

Yeah, you'd be mad to buy 4 lenses at 10p each to craft a greater lens with them.

5 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Which everyone realizes, which is why they normally go for 5-7.

Been selling them for 10 for quite some time, again, depends on the buyer and how much each seller is selling. Free market has it's benefits and i don't understand why players are complaining about not being able to sellsomething at the price they desire, nothing is really stoping them.

Fundamental truth of the market:  Items don't have any universal value, and every single person is free to value an item as they feel appropriate.  How you value an item is just that: how YOU value an item. 

If you think an item is worth more plat then you can sell it for, that's your right. You simply won't be able to sell it.  That's not accidental, it's central to how  a free market creates efficiency.  It means you're an inefficient producers of said item, and should be forced out of the market by other producers who will do it for less.

That lowers the typically cost of any item as low as it can go.  Convenient? Absolutely.  Creates efficient use of resources on a global scale.

For me, everything has been going fine, the prices aren't going up or down because i'm the one deciding them, so i don't feel this impact about not being able to sell content because everyone is buying the stuff at super cheap prices, so for me there is no issue on the matter.

I will say that some of you are being trolled and tricked in this topic, you see, if you farm for dera vandal and then try to sell it, you are free to do so, if you claim that you want fair compensation for your farm then you are again free to sell at a price that you see fit, you can't however, claim to have made an effort when you haven't.

One thing is saying you made an effort, another is showing that effort, and i know for a fact that one user in this topic may even claim that he rerolled rivens until you get the riven you want so you can sell it at a high price, to do this you need kuva and so this effort only becomes true if actually have something to show, you can probably guess if you read between the lines.

Now change kuva to anything else like prime sets, prime parts,.....

Yes, you may claim to have farmed alot, but some players will not believe that because they saw no effort to begin with, credibility falls appart.

In other words, many of you are arguing againts a troll.

Edited by KIREEK

3 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

It's just really really really depressing reading about such value being applied to 1s and 0s that reside on a server and how important the accumulation of a meaningless number is :scared: :sad:

Why do people need so much plat?

It's them pesky rivens, innit?

Actually no.
Them deluxe skins <3

4 hours ago, O.O_ said:

I get the feeling none of you both is trading at all. Everyone I ever talked to in game had the same experiences as me or worse.

People with regular trades have either to thank their Youtube "fame" or sell everything for ridiculously low prices. If you want to sell your crap for any reasonable price you can prepare yourself for months / years of nothing but boredom and frustration.

It was always bad but went even more downhill anywhere between summer 2016 and winter 2016, and it's still getting worse.

Define "reasonable price" because from what I see, prices for most items didn't change a bit same way people sold or bought synd mods for 10-15 or weapons for 40-50 and primed unranked mods for 70-100 same they do now. Plus you can expect reasonable or high price only for valuable or rare items, not your x10 fang sets.

It got worse because obtaining things become easier but that only goes for prime stuff mostly. But since obtaining things become easier, buying thinsg become cheaper so it's - to + which makes 0. So nothing really has changed unless you always were the seller.

I tried to sell my last Loki set for reasonable 500 plat... took me 6 months and a lot of nerves... a week later that 500 plat were gone -> waste of time.

High af =/= reasonable. 350-400 is arguably reasonable for a vaulted prime that been vaulted for a rather short time, especially since you said it took you months which means you started trying to sell too early when everyone tried to sell for about 400. Now you can easily sell it for 500. Not months earlier. 

And don't expect that amount to last if you can spend 500p in a week as well.

Edited by -Temp0-

Honestly I barely have any luck. I've been sitting on a kohm riven for 4 - 5 months now I want to get rid of but noone is ever interested. In that entire time I've had 1 person to message me about it to only have him scoff at me saying its a S#&amp;&#036; riven and is worth nothing despite having 2 elemental dmgs above 100% and multishot thats nearly 200% :| So yeah, I've not had much good experience. I've honestly barely many any sales over time and not made much plat in the first place.

On 9/7/2017 at 4:54 PM, Cmdr-A said:

Honestly I barely have any luck. I've been sitting on a kohm riven for 4 - 5 months now I want to get rid of but noone is ever interested. In that entire time I've had 1 person to message me about it to only have him scoff at me saying its a S#&amp;&#036; riven and is worth nothing despite having 2 elemental dmgs above 100% and multishot thats nearly 200% :| So yeah, I've not had much good experience. I've honestly barely many any sales over time and not made much plat in the first place.

Because Kohm is terrible. That's why it has strong disposition in the first place. It's not about luck really, no one wants to buy rivens for those kind of weapons. Those kind of rivens are only useful if you didn't have to buy them, spending lots of money on them is a waste.

I wouldn't expect to sell it for more than 50-100 p at best.

On 9/7/2017 at 4:58 PM, -Temp0- said:

Because Kohm is terrible. That's why it has strong disposition in the first place. It's not about luck really, no one wants to buy rivens for those kind of weapons. Those kind of rivens are only useful if you didn't have to buy them, spending lots of money on them is a waste.

Kohm isn't a bad gun, its one of my favorite shotguns next to the sobek. If you mod it for a lot of status and elemental dmg it'll chew through armor fast and rack up a ton of slash procs.

Just now, Cmdr-A said:

Kohm isn't a bad gun

That's you opinion. But no one uses it so most people see it as "bad".

No matter how good the riven is, it's not worth spending more than like 50 p for such a weapon. Is it worth having? Maybe. Worth buying for a lot of plat? No.