Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A very important Plains of Eidolon subject

SirSquirrelis

Petition for there to be a conveniently placed ramp at the bottom of the mountain so that my min friction nezha and my friends max speed volt can fly our archwings up to orbit and drop out of the sky, shred the entire mountain and launch ourselves into the Teralyst, killing it instantly with a drop kick before flying out of Earth's orbit?

Edited by SirSquirrelis

6 minutes ago, SirSquirrelis said:

Petition for there to be a conveniently placed ramp at the bottom of the mountain so that my min friction nezha and my friends max speed volt can fly our archwings up to orbit and drop out of the sky, shred the entire mountain and launch ourselves into the Eidolon, killing it instantly with a drop kick before flying out of Earth's orbit?

Ahaha. Plains of Guardian of the Galaxy, Draxxframe edition.

Correction: Eidolon's Fragment-seeking* war machines are named Teralysts.

*Eidolon itself is in pieces, the Teralysts awaken each night, because there's no annoying Grineer bugs shooting flashy bullets and messing with their search, to try and find, and piece together, Eidolon from their fragments. Should Eidolon successfully regain consciousness, we will need to infect it with Lotus' reasoning before Hunhow shows up, or mask Eidolon's location from Hunhow before he sends dropships full of Batta- and Concu- lysts.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

*Eidolon itself is in pieces, the Teralysts awaken each night, because there's no annoying Grineer bugs shooting flashy bullets and messing with their search, to try and find, and piece together, Eidolon from their fragments. Should Eidolon successfully regain consciousness, we will need to infect it with Lotus' reasoning before Hunhow shows up, or mask Eidolon's location from Hunhow before he sends dropships full of Batta- and Concu- lysts.

Oh my b, in that case we can drop kick the Teralysts in the face, then fly out of earth's atmosphere.  Thank you for the lore though!

34 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Where did you pull that out from? If we consider DE's regular naming convention the Teralyst is most likely to be the original sentient since every living one ends in -lyst. While eidolon translated to English literally means "ghost".

4 minutes ago, tyranno66 said:

Where did you pull that out from? If we consider DE's regular naming convention the Teralyst is most likely to be the original sentient since every living one ends in -lyst. While eidolon translated to English literally means "ghost".

Hunhow and Natah are the only Sentients we know that have names. Conculyst and Battelyst are classes of fragments of Hunhow. Teralyst is probably a class of fragment of the dead sentient for which we have no confirmed name. But why couldn't it be Eidolon? There's no reason it couldn't be. Maybe it isn't, maybe it is. Doesn't really matter. 

Just now, Kinetos said:

Hunhow and Natah are the only Sentients we know that have names. Conculyst and Battelyst are classes of fragments of Hunhow. Teralyst is probably a class of fragment of the dead sentient for which we have no confirmed name. But why couldn't it be Eidolon? There's no reason it couldn't be. Maybe it isn't, maybe it is. Doesn't really matter. 

Actually based on what they just showed on the dev stream i think it is actually called a teralyst, at least the sigil they showed for the twitch rewards a few minutes ago point towards that!

4 minutes ago, SirSquirrelis said:

Actually based on what they just showed on the dev stream i think it is actually called a teralyst, at least the sigil they showed for the twitch rewards a few minutes ago point towards that!

The fragments or the super sentient we'll never see because it is shattered across the plains? 

16 hours ago, SirSquirrelis said:

Oh my b, in that case we can drop kick the Teralysts in the face, then fly out of earth's atmosphere.  Thank you for the lore though!

It is unconfirmed whether the 'Eidolons' are actually called Teralysts, but I'm sticking with it until there is evidence that indicates otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...